NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
With the oral arguments before the Second Circuit panel tomorrow afternoon, I figured it was time for a thread.

Here's a Curran piece about it. It's nothing new to us, but might be useful to send to people you know who haven't been following things:
NFL trying to protect Goodell's powers in Brady appeal

A bunch of lawyers have said they're planning to attend the hearing. I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to live-tweet, but I'd expect there will be plenty of tweeting afterwards. Some good names to follow:
  • @McCannSportsLaw
  • @WALLACHLEGAL
  • @amilst44
I am told that the Second Circuit will release transcripts. Anyone know the timeline on that? Also, McCann tweeted that the Second Circuit puts oral arguments on CD (presumably that takes a while). I wonder if the sound will be available sooner than that. Anyone know if the Second Circuit makes audio files available?

As an aside, nice to know the official NFL twitter account is there for the Patriots. "Not a problem." Right:

Last edited:
Thanks. Does anybody know the time at which the proceedings are scheduled to begin?

if this somehow gets overturned it would destroy the offseason.

How do you look at this case and the situation and come to the conclusion that not only will it not be close but that Brady will need a prayer to win? What the hell?

"Click bait" exemplified

Sorry for the multi-post

Sorry for the multi-post

I believe Daniel Wallach already said he will NOT be able to live tweet. But he should have some good stuff after.

Also, he's a good Twitter follow if you're into daily fantasy sports.

Just don't get hopes up for greatness on this. Statistically speaking, it's much more likely to be boring as hell.

Just don't get hopes up for greatness on this. Statistically speaking, it's much more likely to be boring as hell.

Totally agree. This will be all about whether Goodell has precedence to whatever he wants as he's the basically the CEO of a private company. Any mention of Brady will be inconsequential.

If you told me last January that this would still be an issue 14 months later... well I wouldn't have believed you.

Even Brady haters have to be tired of this **** by now, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back