LA (an elite team)
MINN (not losing their division)
NO (division or wildcard)
CAR (division or wildcard)

Competing For The Last Wildcard Spot
----------------------------------------------
DAL
SEA

The teams to fear in that conference are Philly and New Orleans. The Saints finally got their defense right. If Brees was playing like the Brees of 2006-2011, they would be the odds on Super Bowl favorites. As it stands, they look like they’ll be the toughest team in Philly’s way. I’m not buying Dallas’ defense yet.

Saints defense is vastly improved because of rookie Lattimore. He might be the best cb in the NFL right now. He's a super star.

They're averaging 32.8 points a game and giving up 19.4. Their +108 net point differential is best in the league. They should be taken seriously.

We'll know more about them in the coming weeks. Some tough games left on their schedule. @Vikings, Saints, Eagles and @Seahawks.

They embarrassed the hell out of the Giants yesterday. Enjoyed watching that.

Yes they should be taken seriously.

They're averaging 32.8 points a game and giving up 19.4. Their +108 net point differential is best in the league. They should be taken seriously.

Typical Wade Philips defense. They are legit. This could be the Eagles year. They look solid on both sides of the ball.

We'll know more about them in the coming weeks. Some tough games left on their schedule. @Vikings, Saints, Eagles and @Seahawks.

Yeah, they probably embarrassed McAdoo out of his job...Tony Dungy walked through one play last night and showed how the D just gave up and didn't even try to make a tackle...the tabloids down here are also talking about benching Eli.

I just can't take the Rams seriously.

They have top notch talent everywhere on their team!

There D line and linebacker, secondary, running back, WR, you name it, they have a top ten draft pick playing the position.

Sooner or later, even the Rams can't screw up that many top ten picks.

Clearly the only thing holding them back was Jeff Fischer

Yeah, they probably embarrassed McAdoo out of his job...Tony Dungy walked through one play last night and showed how the D just gave up and didn't even try to make a tackle...the tabloids down here are also talking about benching Eli.

What was it? 3rd and 34 = TD. Hahahahaha

Clearly the only thing holding them back was Jeff Fisher

Fisher-02_k4mxkb.gif

"I've got a clue... wait, I thought I had a clue, but now I can't find it... is this it? Is this a clue? I forgot what they look like... does it look like a clue to you?"

ha ha, ya, I think we all loved the drubbing they laid on the Giants

[QUOTE="FreeTedWilliams, post: 5137940, member: 3042"

Clearly the only thing holding them back was Jeff Fischer
I've always thought Jeff Fischer was a vastly over rated HC. The job that a 31 year old rookie HC is doing with essentially the same talent Fisher had, warms my heart. Over the last decade, Fisher has been one of the worst HC's in the league, who literally mailed in his decade on the job. There are a LOT of people in jail right now who stole a lot less.[/QUOTE]

Right, when the head coach doesn't take the time to learn the names of the opponents' running backs for the next game, you know there is a problem.

I think people are really jumping the gun on the Rams. They've beaten

Tolzien's Colts
Winless 49ers
Palmerless Cardinals
Devastated, hapless, 1-7 Giants
Inconsistent Jaguars
Cowboys

I get that you can only beat who's on your schedule, but that's not exactly taking out Murderer's Row.

I've always thought Jeff Fischer was a vastly over rated HC. The job that a 31 year old rookie HC is doing with essentially the same talent Fisher had, warms my heart. Over the last decade, Fisher has been one of the worst HC's in the league, who literally mailed in his decade on the job. There are a LOT of people in jail right now who stole a lot less.

Right, when the head coach doesn't take the time to learn the names of the opponents' running backs for the next game, you know there is a problem.[/QUOTE]

I am starting to wonder if there is not a deficit in player talent in the NFL but rather a coaching deficit...

I think people are really jumping the gun on the Rams. They've beaten

Tolzien's Colts
Winless 49ers
Palmerless Cardinals
Devastated, hapless, 1-7 Giants
Inconsistent Jaguars
Cowboys

I get that you can only beat who's on your schedule, but that's not exactly taking out Murderer's Row.

Yeah, kudos to them for the turn-around from last year. But, we've all heard the cliches about the best teams getting on an upward trajectory from November onwards. It will be interesting to see if the Rams, a team that seems light on veteran leadership, continue to prove their mettle as a playoffs approach and the games get "bigger."

I echo Kontra’s thoughts. Since the Saints OL have come back from injury, they have:

An elite two headed running game
An efficient passing offense
A pretty good pass rush
A great secondary since they inserted Crawley at CB2
A HOF QB playing great football

If I had to predict a SB matchup today I think I would take Brady v. Brees for an all-time classic. That Saints team has very few flaws.

I think it has cleared up a bit.

My thoughts on all the main teams.

Philly - They are a lot like the Cowboys of last year. A strong up and coming team but too young. They are arguably the best NFC team just like the cowboys were but they have no playoff experience. nearly anywhere on the team. I think they will get a top 2 seed but not make the super bowl.

Dallas - as I figured they are coming down a bit from their great year last year. Missing Elliot 6 games will hurt but they will be in the playoffs again. Even though they had a rockier road this year and a worse record I think they will be in a better spot to make a run with this team will all the trials they are going through this year and last year's experience. They will be dangerous.

Minn - Again the D is legit and they have a bit more on the offensive side this year compared to last year. Still their offense will not be good enough to carry them to the promised land. They could knock off a good team thought.

Carolina - They are somewhere between the 2015 panthers and the 2016 panthers. A hot and cold offense with a good defense. They will get in but the lack of consistency will hurt them.

New Orleans - This team is not being talked about like it should be. For the first time in a while the Saints have something amounting to a defense and that has put them back on the map. Brees is right now the 2nd most dangerous QB in the league after Brady (all respect to the young guns). This is a threat and could circle around the "get one more for Brees" wagon.

Seattle - The OL sucks but a QB like Wilson is the right kind of guy to handle such an OL. Even with that issue the D is still a forced and the offense is capable of having a few great games in a row.

LAR - Everything I said about Eagle goes even more for the Rams. They are another young up and coming too but seem less consistent and have proved less with their competition.

In order of threat level I'd rank them...

#1 Dallas
#2 New Orleans (Yes we beat them... KC beat us... I think both games should have been more competitive).
#3 Seattle

There is a drop off after these 3.

#4 Philly - If a young team could challenge it be them
#5 LAR
#6 Carolina - I still don't buy them being consistent enough on O to make the SB.
#7 Minn - They need an O.

I am not even looking at any other team. Maybe if Atlanta goes on a run or GB is about to slip in and get Rodgers healthy.... besides that I don't see another team worth worrying about.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back