PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled” - UPDATED: Claims people "in the building" agree on Mac and Judge advocating for Zappe

BTW, this tweet doesn't get the exact quote that Volin seems to parrot. Listen to his radio spot and then read the full text exchange. He basically quotes the last part of the text exchange almost word for word.

View attachment 46413

Is this a joke?

Zolak who is far more connect to Volin to the players and coaches says that it is BS that Jones has an attitude problem and people in the building feel that way. I will take his word over Volin and the source that looks to have scammed him.

the morning show on weei is so ****ing horrible, I almost... ALMOST would rather have those two buffoons, what were their names, the two contrarian ****ers.

Don't forget to add that we hate him because also gets paid 6 figures to be awful at a job that all of us would give our right nut to do for half the price.

Dear Ken,

After consultation with the body part mentioned, I have to say that I am not prepared to do the job at that price.

Respectfully,

Mike

Speaking of ESPN, which tangentially allows me to take this off topic for a sec. Has anyone else had a problem with their site recently. For some reason when I go to it, the page pops up but within 4 or 5 seconds the page becomes "unresponsive". Is it the site or perhaps my computer? Pardon for the interruption
Not on my end.

But have had loading problems with ESPN in the past...and it usually resolves itself in a few days or so.

That's got to be a terminable offense by Volin.
He was smart not to do it in the Globe. I think he could technically be fired, but it’s probably more that he gets a slap on the wrist.

Don't forget to add that we hate him because also gets paid 6 figures to be awful at a job that all of us would give our right nut to do for half the price.

Wait.. Globe writers get paid that much?

That's ****in wild. Most reporters are lucky to sniff anything above $60k.

21239eeba9798211.png

Anytime someone tries to tell me some BS made up by the Boston Sports media is fact like Kraft is pissed at Bill or Tom and bill hate each other or whatever other garbage they feel like making up that day I'm going to link them to this story.

Anytime someone tries to tell me some BS made up by the Boston Sports media is fact like Kraft is pissed at Bill or Tom and bill hate each other or whatever other garbage they feel like making up that day I'm going to link them to this story.

I guarantee you someone will reference this later this season, completely serious, as though it's evidence of something. Someone out there will completely ignore the follow up reports and only say, "There were reports that Mac has an attitude problem..."

This stuff is silly.
This stuff has reached high school levels of silliness. He said, she said, they said, yet this "information" travels faster than lightning and is accepted as gospel truth.

And, it turns out Volin's "insider" was (allegedly) someone who sells tickets for the Pats.

I guess that counts as "inside the building" but so does the dude selling t-shirts in the pro shop.

As if that dude (a) is real, (b) has any actual inside info, (c) has no hidden agenda...

SOFBV.

Pats fans hanging on to macs noodle arm until his ankle got hurt and he memed himself into internet infamy.

Now you have a smaller clone of Mac with a noodle arm that you are hanging on to

Lmao the Brady stuff has really traumatized this terrible fan base and I LOVE IT ALLLLL

LOL

Carry though on pats fans

You say that, but you're also here enough where you're probably aware that the percentage of the stuff that appears here like that is relatively low, and the take by Volin was so off base that it needed to at least be taken to task.
I'm not sure about that. Most of us who spend time here know most mediots these days are click bait machines, and in particular already know Volin is an incompetent boob.

That's more or less why I wrote it since a few people within the media do follow us on Twitter. If you read it (I'm assuming you probably didn't, which is fine), you'd have seen the jab I included at him. Again, not that it matters, but I think what I wrote sort of represents how others are probably feeling about it.
I think tweets pointing out his stuff are fine, but wouldn't put more time into it myself.

Your comment about Steve aside, I/we avoid 99% of the outrageous stuff out there, and that's probably part of the issue since articles in that category tend to do better on social media, which both grows the channel and increases the click-throughs. So my refusal to do much of that is probably to my detriment, but given that I understand the negative effect it would have here, I'm O.K. with that.
Indeed. It's best to let the mediots be mediots.

This is our corner of the internet, and I'm good with it. It doesn't change the fact that what people choose to read (the nonsense) blows my mind over the stuff where there actually is a fair amount of effort is put in. But that's just the world we live in now, apparently and it's certainly not going to get a whole lot better in the years ahead.
Totally. The world at large has low standards. It reminds me of the old Scandinavian saying: "eat (poop), billions of flies can't be wrong!". Since all clicks are equal, billions of flies thrive, and more poop will be produced.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back