PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled” - UPDATED: Claims people "in the building" agree on Mac and Judge advocating for Zappe

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled”
Ian Logue
With New England Patriots QB Mac Jones approaching nearly a month since being sidelined after suffering an ankle injury back on September 25th against the Ravens in Week 3, many fans have been split on New England's current QB situation thanks to teammate Bailey Zappe's recent success in his absence. Ben Volin apparently decided to take it a step further.

The post Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled” appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Volin has ALWAYS been the ultimate media troll. The guy hasn't written a story that has told anyone ANYTHING new or informative since he took the job. He has ZERO sources down in Foxboro. So he sits and writes smug takes on stuff he doesn't know anything about. Do you think Ben Volin has EVER watched a foot of game tape? That would be a RESOUNDING no! Any telecast or radio gig he's on, I turn off, simply because I know he will have nothing to tell me. I doubt he cares a wit about football or sportswriting.

He must have some REALLY incriminating photos somewhere to have kept this job so long. The guy has a ton of things gong against him. He isn't a good writer. He has no sources. He's smug. But most indicting and the thing I hate most about him is that he is just LAZY.

If he were doing his stuff as a poster here, he'd get killed. THAT's how bad he is

Last edited:
Wait, why is there reporting on what that troll loser has to say?

I really hate the 'media guy 1 reports on media guy 2's hot take' stuff that passes for 'news' these days.

These type of ‘reports’ were inevitable the minute zappe started doing well imo. Until the starter discussion is put to rest i bet youre going to see lots of this so buckle up lol

Its only a matter of time before the situation post injury with mac seeking a second opinion/ not wanting to rush back and how bb might have felt about it really hits the fan.

Wait, but what's the Dolphins angle on this, because unless there is one Volin doesn't give a :poop:.

I really hate the 'media guy 1 reports on media guy 2's hot take' stuff that passes for 'news' these days.
I had this discussion with Steve Balestrieri last night. He and I put a lot of time in on articles with analysis, numbers, etc and they don’t get anywhere close to the attention the nonsense gets. It’s ridiculous.

I had this discussion with Steve Balestrieri last night. He and I put a lot of time in on articles with analysis, numbers, etc and they don’t get anywhere close to the attention the nonsense gets. It’s ridiculous.
I think you've done a good job working with what you started with, but when you start with bad ingredients it's hard to make a good meal.

Volin has ALWAYS been the ultimate media troll. The guy hasn't written a story that has told anyone ANYTHING new or informative since he took the job. He has ZERO sources down in Foxboro. So he sits and writes smug takes on stuff he doesn't know anything about. Do you think Ben Volin has EVER watched a foot of game tape? That would be a RESOUNDING no! Any telecast or radio gig he's on, I turn off, simply because I know he will have nothing to tell me. I doubt he cares a wit about football or sportswriting.

He must have some REALLY incriminating photos somewhere to have kept this job so long. The guy has a ton of things gong against him. He isn't a good writer. He has no sources. He's smug. But most indicting and the thing I hate most about him is that he is just LAZY.

If he were doing his stuff as a poster here, he'd get killed. THAT's how bad he is
Actually pretty mild stuff compared to what our trolls here dish out daily.
Our trolls would b!tch slap him as well for being a BAD troll. The guy shouldb't be allowed to be near a keyboard. Any of his social media, articles. Any threads that are started on his latest ludicrous take should be sent some other forum. Do we have a Dolphins forum. ;)

Last edited:
Our trolls would b!tch slap him as well for being a BAD troll. The guy shouldb't be allowed to be near a keyboard. Any of his social media, articles. Any thread that are started on his latest ludicrous take should be sent some other forum. Do we have a Dolphins forum. ;)
Indeed, he's not that occasionally amusing form of troll, he's that totally stupefying form of troll, one that makes you disappointed in mankind.

Indeed, he's not that occasionally amusing form of troll, he's that totally stupefying form of troll, one that makes you disappointed in mankind.
Don't forget to add that we hate him because also gets paid 6 figures to be awful at a job that all of us would give our right nut to do for half the price.

Ian's reply....
Yet Ian, your very next article is "media guy 1 reporting on media guy 2's hot take stuff that passes as news these days"

Regarding your frustration about the lack of attention your site's articles receive, perhaps hire a better writer than SB whose reports resemble bad 5th grade level book reports. Sorry for the brutal honesty. He may know football but he struggles to structure basic sentences and it is painful to read.

Ian's reply....

Yet Ian, your very next article is "media guy 1 reporting on media guy 2's hot take stuff that passes as news these days"

You say that, but you're also here enough where you're probably aware that the percentage of the stuff that appears here like that is relatively low, and the take by Volin was so off base that it needed to at least be taken to task. That's more or less why I wrote it since a few people within the media do follow us on Twitter. If you read it (I'm assuming you probably didn't, which is fine), you'd have seen the jab I included at him. Again, not that it matters, but I think what I wrote sort of represents how others are probably feeling about it.

Your comment about Steve aside, I/we avoid 99% of the outrageous stuff out there, and that's probably part of the issue since articles in that category tend to do better on social media, which both grows the channel and increases the click-throughs. So my refusal to do much of that is probably to my detriment, but given that I understand the negative effect it would have here, I'm O.K. with that.

This is our corner of the internet, and I'm good with it. It doesn't change the fact that what people choose to read (the nonsense) blows my mind over the stuff where there actually is a fair amount of effort is put in. But that's just the world we live in now, apparently and it's certainly not going to get a whole lot better in the years ahead.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back