PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled” - UPDATED: Claims people "in the building" agree on Mac and Judge advocating for Zappe

Idk. If Mac needed to be humbled, he had company. Just sayin.'

They all need to get beyond this BS and win games.

Volin With Another Claim on Mac Jones: Attitude Problem is ‘Obvious in the Building and Everyone Knows it’ and Judge ‘Advocating for Zappe’
Ian Logue
Ben Volin, who was in New York yesterday covering the NFL owner's meeting and was sitting in the new Penn Station during the interview, made a significant claim which he said came from a DM coming off how his first assessment of Jones went.

The post Volin With Another Claim on Mac Jones: Attitude Problem is ‘Obvious in the Building and Everyone Knows it’ and Judge ‘Advocating for Zappe’ appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

More from Volin this morning, claiming someone inside the building said Jones is an issue along with the fact Judge is apparently "advocating for Zappe":

There is a lot from that interview, but this is what is going to get the most attention:
Curtis again asked for clarification on the Judge comment, saying, “So Joe Judge says he prefers Bailey Zappe, and someone that would know, agreed and endorsed your belief that Mac Jones was in serious need of an attitude adjustment?

“Yes. Yes, that’s true,” said Volin.

More from Volin this morning, claiming someone inside the building said Jones is an issue along with the fact Judge is apparently "advocating for Zappe":

This make a real quandary for some Zappe supporters. They have trashed Judge for months claiming he doesn't know anything about offense. Now they are going to want to validate that he feels that Zappe is the better choice to go with at QB.

I have seen reports from other reporters, some with much credibility than Volin, say their sources in the Patriots organization say it is ridiculous to even think there is a QB controversy and it is Mac's job. My guess is that any reporter can find a person in the Patriots organization that will give them the answer they want on a subject like this.

I think Volin is shoving this in a direction it need not and should not go. I myself favor playing the best player, the best option from the team's perspective, and to me that is obviously Zappe, this year, at this point. BUT that need not, and in my case does not, imply any ill-reflection on Mac at all. He got beat out, in my mind, fair and square, something that happens to good, decent, honorable people all the time. Volin's stuff is ugly sensationalism, it seems to me, nothing more.

This make a real quandary for some Zappe supporters. They have trashed Judge for months claiming he doesn't know anything about offense. Now they are going to want to validate that he feels that Zappe is the better choice to go with at QB.

I have seen reports from other reporters, some with much credibility than Volin, say their sources in the Patriots organization say it is ridiculous to even think there is a QB controversy and it is Mac's job. My guess is that any reporter can find a person in the Patriots organization that will give them the answer they want on a subject like this.
I have never trashed Judge. Zappe is playing better.

Let's separate this into two parts.

I can totally believe Judge is advocating for Zappe. He's the quarterback coach. He should be the one advocating for Zappe. And I believe the coaching staff should be discussing the two quarterbacks. That's just how the sausage gets made stuff.

As for Mac and an attitude problem, I suspect that he assumed he was QB1 and had a bigger hand in the offense as he was working with Patricia and Judge, two guys that haven't really been offensive coordinators before. Maybe to someone in the building that was overconfidence or a big head, but he certainly doesn't come across that way in interviews.

Why would you make the assumption that Zappe supporters are now in a bind because "they" have trashed Judge, and now want to use his judgment as a good barometer? Who is "they"? Why would you assume "they" feel this way?

This stuff is silly.

Quarterbacks should be meek and docile. All the best QBs are.

100%. The thing that made Tom Brady the GOAT was how much he didn't care if someone else took his job, which is why he was always bowing out of blowouts early, splitting practice reps, and spent so much time mentoring Jimmy G!

Why would you make the assumption that Zappe supporters are now in a bind because "they" have trashed Judge, and now want to use his judgment as a good barometer? Who is "they"? Why would you assume "they" feel this way?

This stuff is silly.

I said SOME Zappe supporters. But many people on this board including some people who are in the pro-Zappe crowd portrayed Judge as completely incompetent and not knowing anything about offense and not knowing anything about the quarterback position.

I have never trashed Judge. Zappe is playing better.

And then I wasn't talking about you. There are some Zappe supporters who did.

If this is really where Volin got his information, the guy really needs to go on the air and do a major mea culpa. My guess is it won't come. I am sure whether got his information from this trolling or from a real source in the Patriots, he will deny using this at all.

BTW, this tweet doesn't get the exact quote that Volin seems to parrot. Listen to his radio spot and then read the full text exchange. He basically quotes the last part of the text exchange almost word for word.

1666195317689.png

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back