PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Volin on Mac Jones: “The kid needed to be humbled” - UPDATED: Claims people "in the building" agree on Mac and Judge advocating for Zappe

You say that, but you're also here enough where you're probably aware that the percentage of the stuff that appears here like that is relatively low, and the take by Volin was so off base that it needed to at least be taken to task. That's more or less why I wrote it since a few people within the media do follow us on Twitter. If you read it (I'm assuming you probably didn't, which is fine), you'd have seen the jab I included at him. Again, not that it matters, but I think what I wrote sort of represents how others are probably feeling about it.

Your comment about Steve aside, I/we avoid 99% of the outrageous stuff out there, and that's probably part of the issue since articles in that category tend to do better on social media, which both grows the channel and increases the click-throughs. So my refusal to do much of that is probably to my detriment, but given that I understand the negative effect it would have here, I'm O.K. with that.

This is our corner of the internet, and I'm good with it. It doesn't change the fact that what people choose to read (the nonsense) blows my mind over the stuff where there actually is a fair amount of effort is put in. But that's just the world we live in now, apparently and it's certainly not going to get a whole lot better in the years ahead.
I think we NEED stuff with which to disagree, and that we need to disagree with one another. One of my guides in life is ol' R.W. Emerson, who advises us to assert vigorously our disagreement with the views of others lest "we come to wear one cut of face and figure, and acquire by degrees the gentlest asinine expression." Or, as Blake put it, "Opposition is true friendship."

You say that, but you're also here enough where you're probably aware that the percentage of the stuff that appears here like that is relatively low, and the take by Volin was so off base that it needed to at least be taken to task. That's more or less why I wrote it since a few people within the media do follow us on Twitter. If you read it (I'm assuming you probably didn't, which is fine), you'd have seen the jab I included at him. Again, not that it matters, but I think what I wrote sort of represents how others are probably feeling about it.

Your comment about Steve aside, I/we avoid 99% of the outrageous stuff out there, and that's probably part of the issue since articles in that category tend to do better on social media, which both grows the channel and increases the click-throughs. So my refusal to do much of that is probably to my detriment, but given that I understand the negative effect it would have here, I'm O.K. with that.

This is our corner of the internet, and I'm good with it. It doesn't change the fact that what people choose to read (the nonsense) blows my mind over the stuff where there actually is a fair amount of effort is put in. But that's just the world we live in now, apparently and it's certainly not going to get a whole lot better in the years ahead.
so when are we going to see the expose on the Belichick Cloning Project that RKK was apparently trying to get Easterby to spearhead...

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

so when are we going to see the expose on the Belichick Cloning Project that RKK was apparently trying to get Easterby to spearhead...

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That's another entry that did far better than it should have. :rolleyes:

The World Wtf GIF by Larkins

I’m a fan of Mac Jones, I think he has the right mentality and I think he’s a hard worker. I have no idea about his ego because I have no idea of what he thinks of himself, so I don’t know if Volin is right about that. However, I do believe that what is happening right now is ultimately a good thing for everyone involved. This is obviously good for the Patriots, as both of their young QB’s have shown that they can play at this level. And while some will claim it’s bad for them to have the controversy I think that they will both be pushing each other to keep getting better, or they will find themselves sitting if they don’t keep playing better. Having to handle that kind of pressure is necessary if you ever want to handle the pressure of big games they will hopefully play in. The pundits will always spew their crap, but the competition will make both of them better.

I've never seen a media person as out of touch to the sport he covers as BV.

It's an embarrassment to The Globe.

We're all proving Ian's point. Threads about the articles he puts up on good subjects normally get about 2 posts total in them.

Now he writes about a hack topic from a hack reporter and boom, not an hour goes by and we're closing in on 3 pages.

We're all proving Ian's point. Threads about the articles he puts up on good subjects normally get about 2 posts total in them.

Now he writes about a hack topic from a hack reporter and boom, not an hour goes by and we're closing in on 3 pages.
LOL, see? Read and respond to stuff about the ground game or Meyers being ahead of last year's pace and I can ignore this stuff :)

I've never seen a media person as out of touch to the sport he covers as BV.

It's an embarrassment to The Globe.

The bow-tied bum-kissers formerly of Morrissey Boulevard are beyond embarrassment... John Henry owns it, after all.

What's really embarrassing is having to observe another one of Trolin's tweets on our sidebar here...

The bow-tied bum-kissers formerly of Morrissey Boulevard are beyond embarrassment... John Henry owns it, after all.

What's really embarrassing is having to observe another one of Trolin's tweets on our sidebar here...
There's GOT to be something Ian can do to edit his tweets. The guy adds NOTHING to the coverage of the team we follow, why would we want to see something he tweets

There's GOT to be something Ian can do to edit his tweets. The guy adds NOTHING to the coverage of the team we follow, why would we want to see something he tweets
You guys can remove him if you want. That was one of the first things I set up during the last update. The only thing I have no control over is if someone you do follow on that list retweets him.

I’m a fan of Mac Jones, I think he has the right mentality and I think he’s a hard worker. I have no idea about his ego because I have no idea of what he thinks of himself, so I don’t know if Volin is right about that. However, I do believe that what is happening right now is ultimately a good thing for everyone involved. This is obviously good for the Patriots, as both of their young QB’s have shown that they can play at this level. And while some will claim it’s bad for them to have the controversy I think that they will both be pushing each other to keep getting better, or they will find themselves sitting if they don’t keep playing better. Having to handle that kind of pressure is necessary if you ever want to handle the pressure of big games they will hopefully play in. The pundits will always spew their crap, but the competition will make both of them better.

I think regardless of who starts there's a lot of good that can come from this. They started this season with an O-Line that had 4/5 guys in different positions than they were last year, an OC (in all but name) who had never called offensive plays before, and a 2nd year QB trying to run a different offense than the one he learned from an almost entirely different coaching staff last year. As a result, the operation looked... disjointed. And as a result, I think Mac got into some bad habits.

Playing Zappe forced the offense to go back to its roots, and they had the luxury of doing so because the defense kept playing really well. They now have the opportunity, whoever is under center, to build off of that foundation rather than trying to hit the ground running with a big boom offense. And if Mac is the starter, he's had a chance to reset his clock and (hopefully) get back into the rhythm that got him this far in the first place.

I cringe when Volin or Shaughnesy are guests on National sports shows and announced as Patriots insiders or experts. Kind of embarrassing actually.
It seems as if our media stars are contrarians to get attention. Do other fan bases feel the same way when their local insiders appear on national shows, or is this a Boston sports media thing?

I pontificated upon something similar, but I at least acknowledged that it was a hawt taek.

Volin, like Michael Felger and Ron Borges before both of them, realize that being the ultimate contrarian troll a-hole is a good career move in this town. These guys tend to generate more buzz and talk that journalists and talk show hosts who are far better than them but are less controversial.

Volin says like twenty times Mac got full of himself because "he made the pro bowl." Like everyone, including Mac, doesn't realize he was literally the 7th quarterback pro bowl selection in the AFC. If Mac got overwhelmed with that then he's a pea-brain, which I don't believe. Volin's overall comments really paint Mac in a bad light... like core characterological flaws that won't be easily overcome. Seems like probable nonsense. Mac's a young quarterback with a limited upside (imo) at the beginning of his career which I think has been reflected in his on field results. However, I doubt his play has ever suffered because he has delusions of grandeur (which is sort of what Volin said).

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back