PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Richard Seymour Named Finalist For Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Richard Seymour Named Finalist For Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Robert Alvarez
Richard Seymour named one of 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

A few thoughts on the finalists.

• Manning and Woodson should get in first shot.
  • Rodney was as good if not better than both Lynch and Butler and played better in more big games. Brian Dawkins is in and he deserves it but rewatch that SB and tell me who the better player is. Rodney should have been the MVP no offense to Branch who had a spectacular game.
  • If Boselli is getting in then McGinist should get in. The argument for Boselli is high level of execution cut short by injuries. You could say the same about McGinist. His early career the injuries are what kept him from being a standout not his performance. Plus he's the all time NFL post season sack leader.
  • Zack Thomas should have already have gotten in. 9 time All Pro including 7 first teams. His career was overlapped by the likes of Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Junior Seau and others and he still had that honor. I hated seeing Thomas, Taylor, Madison and Surtain coming into town. All beasts and I flipping hate the Dolphins.
  • One of the receivers will get in. Holt, Megatron and Wayne. It's a joke so many of the Colts keep getting in and the Patriots who dominated that decade aren't. So no offense to Wayne but I hope it's not him. Johnson was probably more dominant than Holt and played on teams with a lot less weapons to keep from being doubled so I'd give him the nod.
  • I think Seymour gets the nod this year with Law getting in last year. Hopefully that clears the way for Rodney and then McGinist in future years.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back