PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Flores Dragging Belichick Further Into His Lawsuit, Burning Yet Another Bridge

Is this a football discussion or a critical race theory protest? Hard to tell around here.

There's a real problem with black coaches being underrepresented and fired prematurely while guys like Kingsbury and McCarthy stay employed. There's also a real problem with a rule that mandates sham interviews and rewards teams with draft picks for hiring guys like David Culley who have no role in their team's future plans. So, you're all right, but you're all wrong too.

Here's a number we can all agree with, 99% of the people on this board are tired of discussions getting hijacked by political grievances.

And Bill's mistaken text is perfectly plausible. I did the same thing ten years ago when I was cheating on my (then) girlfriend with my (now) wife. It worked out ok.
Kingsbury and McCarthy made the playoffs.

See Josh McDaniels, Urban Meyer, Ben McAdoo, and Rod Rust for some examples of why "there's a real problem..." is not a problem at all, in terms of coaches getting fired prematurely.
I wonder what people would say if a black coach with a 14-2 record was fired and was never hired again. It happened to a white guy, Marty Schottenheimer.

I wonder what people would say if a black coach with a 14-2 record was fired and was never hired again. It happened to a white guy, Marty Schottenheimer.
I can only say the antithesis of a coach such as you mention is Marvin Lewis...16 years of zippo, zilch, zeroski as head coach of the Bengals

Is this a football discussion or a critical race theory protest? Hard to tell around here.

There's a real problem with black coaches being underrepresented and fired prematurely while guys like Kingsbury and McCarthy stay employed. There's also a real problem with a rule that mandates sham interviews and rewards teams with draft picks for hiring guys like David Culley who have no role in their team's future plans. So, you're all right, but you're all wrong too.

Here's a number we can all agree with, 99% of the people on this board are tired of discussions getting hijacked by political grievances.

And Bill's mistaken text is perfectly plausible. I did the same thing ten years ago when I was cheating on my (then) girlfriend with my (now) wife. It worked out ok.
Critical race theory and politics are not the same thing. To conflate the two is disrespectful.

Bbs text is certainly plausible, but probably premeditated.

You can’t throw your two cents in about under representation, but then claim there’s too many people complaining about under representation.

Flores will get a HC job when Goondell threatens a franchise with millions in fines and forfeiture of 1st and 2nd round picks if they don't hire him. I'm waiting with rapt anticipation for this watershed event to occur.After all Goody Screwshoes has done it before, multiple times, over things as innocuous as air pressure in a football. It's always anything can happen day when the Goon is in charge.

If Belichick were to retire within the next year, your scenario would have a good chance of playing out with the Pats.
Beat me to it.
I seriously believe that the NEP would be designated as the franchise threatened with loss of draft pics for failure to indulge in a PR hiring benefiting the NYJFL's image.
They are the ONLY team whose owner is on record taking it up the tailpipe for the "good of the 32". Why not go back for seconds?

Beat me to it.
I seriously believe that the NEP would be designated as the franchise threatened with loss of draft pics for failure to indulge in a PR hiring benefiting the NYJFL's image.
They are the ONLY team whose owner is on record taking it up the tailpipe for the "good of the 32". Why not go back for seconds?
Why is it that when I read this, all I can think is, "Oh crap... the Patriots are going to lose draft picks again"? :)
Has anyone tallied the number of draft picks lost, by team, since Goodell become commissioner? My bet is that the Pats easily top the list, especially if the picks lost are weighted by the round.

Has anyone tallied the number of draft picks lost, by team, since Goodell become commissioner? My bet is that the Pats easily top the list, especially if the picks lost are weighted by the round.

The first half of that table is pre-Goodell. The Patriots have 4 of the 14 pick forfeitures under Goodell, including the only two firsts. The Saints had already traded their 2012 first (the pick that was used to trade up for Chandler Jones), or they probably would have forfeited that instead of the two seconds.

NE: 1, 1, 3, 4
NO: 2, 2, 6
KC: 3, 6
SF: 5
ATL: 5
SEA: 5
DET: 6
MIN: 7

The first half of that table is pre-Goodell. The Patriots have 4 of the 14 pick forfeitures under Goodell, including the only two firsts. The Saints had already traded their 2012 first (the pick that was used to trade up for Chandler Jones), or they probably would have forfeited that instead of the two seconds.

NE: 1, 1, 3, 4
NO: 2, 2, 6
KC: 3, 6
SF: 5
ATL: 5
SEA: 5
DET: 6
MIN: 7
Thank you. Pretty clear evidence of the vendetta Goodell and the NFL front office have carried out against the Patriots. Though I am aware that this is a very rough assessment, if you assign a value of 10 to a first-round pick, a value of 7 to a second, a value of 5 to a third, and then one less for each succeeding round down to 1 for seven, you'll see that the value of picks lost by the Pats almost equals the value of all the picks lost by the rest of the NFL. But that is okay with Kraft.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back