PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need another tight end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to see an opinion from you that indicates you really know anything about football so I will chalk this up to not worth my time.

Thanks, Andrea. You can go back to your homer opinions now.

Wonder how he's managed to catch 126 passes in NFL.

Agreed.

This comment also applies to other receivers the patriots have traded for or signed as free agents over the years.

I've yet to see an opinion from you that indicates you really know anything about football so I will chalk this up to not worth my time.

Agreed/

Let's see. White is a better receiver. White is much better a picking up the blitz. White is a better blocker.

I guess I agree that White is better in his role of a 3rd down back.
=========
With regard to being the backup as a 1st down back, the choice may lean to Lewis, but the other factors make the comparison clear.
======
BOTTOM LINE
We are lucky to have such a good #4 RB. He is valuable when one of the others is injured, like now. If Burkhead were healthy, Lewis would get very few reps from scrimmage.

Agreed/

Let's see. White is a better receiver. White is much better a picking up the blitz. White is a better blocker.

=========
With regard to being the backup as a 1st down back, the choice may lean to Lewis, but the other factors make the comparison clear.
======
BOTTOM LINE
We are lucky to have such a good #4 RB. He is valuable when one of the others is injured, like now. If Burkhead were healthy, Lewis would get very few reps from scrimmage.
It's really not about comparing Lewis and white. They are different. If yiu could only have one RB (health issues aside) clearly Lewis is the better choice.
But that's not what the discussion was. The discussion was about white and his role. He is the best in the NFL at his role. Look at the routes he catches passes on. The way he is able to get open. Far and away the best receiving back in the league.
If there was no white would Lewis be good in that role? Sure but it would be a downgrade because while Lewis does some things very well he cannot do as much, as well in the passing game as white.

Agreed/

=========
======
BOTTOM LINE
Not sure burkhead is so clearly ahead of Lewis. And while Lewis is getting reps burkhead may return as the 4

Allen has been disappointing no doubt, but to be fair he has only had like 3 targets all year and 2 of those were bad throws by Brady where Allen did create the necessary separation and was open

In week 1 I think it was, Brady had Allen wide open down the left sideline and he overthrew him out of bounds by a mile

Another game, Allen did a comeback pattern and was open... Brady under threw him into the dirt and Allen nearly still dug it up

Hes had so few opportunities with targets that its tough to really assess him as a receiver

Really wish we would have just paid Bennett tho

Bump. Looks like I was right about Lewis, and you were wrong. Lewis>White.

Bump. Looks like I was right about Lewis, and you were wrong. Lewis>White.
Read and learn. This is what I said at the time and is 100% correct.
It's really not about comparing Lewis and white. They are different. If yiu could only have one RB (health issues aside) clearly Lewis is the better choice.
But that's not what the discussion was. The discussion was about white and his role. He is the best in the NFL at his role. Look at the routes he catches passes on. The way he is able to get open. Far and away the best receiving back in the league.
If there was no white would Lewis be good in that role? Sure but it would be a downgrade because while Lewis does some things very well he cannot do as much, as well in the passing game as white.

So in the end it turns out that we indeed needed another TE, and were very fortunate that one became available. It also might turn out to be no coincidence that our #2 TE started playing better after the other's arrival. Win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes