PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need another tight end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fluky one-handed catch part aside, both Hollister and Allen could easily make that same play running the same route if they were covered poorly like Derby was there, and if Brady threw them the ball.

We celebrate these "amazing one-handed catches", but a lot of the time they have to be one-handed because the throw was ****.

A TE based offense without a 2nd viable option....

This does present a bit of a sticky wicket.

And to think how quickly BB locked up Allen

Unless he gets his **** together, I see Allen going down the depth chart fast. His run blocking in the last game was pretty bad, and that was the one area he could have made himself very useful.
I thought he blocked pretty well.

A TE based offense without a 2nd option....presents a bit of a problem

We are a TE-based offense when we have 2 quality tight ends that are better targets that WR#3. In 2017, we do NOT have a 2 TE based offense.

Gronk is a very special player. He is both a great receiver and a great blocker. When he is healthy AND we have another quality TE, we can consider emphasizing the TE. Also, we talked a lot about such an offense when Edelman and Mitchell went down. The reality is that with Cooks, Hogan, Amendola and Gronk, we favor the 3 WR set, with much more of a 2 RB set than last year.

As I recall, he sucked as a blocker, especially downfield. Couldn't or wouldn't.

He played very well for Detroit in the pre-season game, and TB gave him a super-warm hug at the end.

But it's all good.

BB told Edelman that he'd forgotten more about football than he'd ever know. I bet that Edelman has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know. So ...

As much as we would like better catch statistics for Allen, he needs more targets unless he somehow throws the ball to himself.

9566ec47cba9c6ad1d970416f7e2f361.jpg

As with Panthers fans opinion of Jah Jah Lafell. The knock on Allen according to the clots fans was that Allen drops balls. Lafell at least for one season played better but then reverted back to that in 2015. I'm hoping we can get Allen to do what Lafell did in 2014.

i love gronk but you can't rely on him anymore since he's always hurt. do you think tom brady plays with a " thigh contusion " of course!!!

ps - allen stinks. i miss marty!!!

Nah just need Burkhead to get healthy.

i love gronk but you can't rely on him anymore since he's always hurt. do you think tom brady plays with a " thigh contusion " of course!!!

What an idiotic comparison.

Unless he gets his **** together, I see Allen going down the depth chart fast. His run blocking in the last game was pretty bad, and that was the one area he could have made himself very useful.

What game did you watch?

Because I watched a game where the run blocking was good across the board including Allen.

Marty was a special kind of guy, could block, and was pretty good at catching the ball, he wasn’t as explosive as Gronk, but he did a pretty good job, on any other team he would be their #1 tight end and honestly I think he is top 5 tight end in the league. It was a commodity to have him last year. Sure we have lots of receivers but when Brady needed them the most only Amendola came through, having another weapon like dual tight end threat would give this team tons of advantage. Linebackers can’t always defend tight ends and they can easily overpower safeties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe