PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need another tight end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about ex-Patriot Mike Williams who is currently a free agent? He is big (6-6, 305) and was generally a good blocking TE for the Pats. Also, he has had some NFL experience at left tackle. Williams was with the Pats in training camp this year but was cut. He spent all of 2016 on IR with an ACL injury. If he is good physically, he might at least be worth a tryout. Although the Pats never looked at him as a left tackle, as far as we know, that dual position flexibility may be helpful. He should know BB's system.

How about ex-Patriot Mike Williams who is currently a free agent? He is big (6-6, 305) and was generally a good blocking TE for the Pats. Also, he has had some NFL experience at left tackle. Williams was with the Pats in training camp this year but was cut. He spent all of 2016 on IR with an ACL injury. If he is good physically, he might at least be worth a tryout. Although the Pats never looked at him as a left tackle, as far as we know, that dual position flexibility may be helpful. He should know BB's system.

He has even caught 3 more passes as a Patriot than Allen!

Desperately need a decent te. Allen cant catch. How are you a te in the nfl if ypu cant catch? A blind kid playing center field has a better feel for the ball.

Good job belichick.

Desperately need a decent te. Allen cant catch. How are you a te in the nfl if ypu cant catch? A blind kid playing center field has a better feel for the ball.

Good job belichick.
Wonder how he's managed to catch 126 passes in NFL.

Probably should fire Bill right away.

I would give Bennett a "great"...not a "not bad."
He toughed it out through injuries and had a strong super bowl while blocking and drawing that crucial PI penalty.

He dropped the ball and got bailed out by that call lol

He dropped the ball and got bailed out by that call lol
How do you drop a pass if you were being pass interfered?
Your assessment of Bennett is as bad as your assessment of white. We don't get that ring without both of them.

He has even caught 3 more passes as a Patriot than Allen!

Develin, who's nearly identical to Allen size-wise, has caught three more passes than Allen.

Develin: I know he is a FB, but I think has shown better hands /route running (?) than Allen in past. Is he way too short/not athletic enough to try using in a man-we-don't-name (H-back) role even if he can't be a true TE?

ALLEN (27) ..... DEVELIN (28)
6031/255 ............ 6031/259
4.89/40 ............... 5.03/40
1.73/10-yd ......... 1.75/10-yd
27 reps ................ 39 reps
32" vert .............. 28.5" vert
110" lj ................... 104" lj
4.37 ss .................. 4.55 ss
7.12 3c .................. 7.25 3c

ALLEN (27) ..... DEVELIN (28)
6031/255 ............ 6031/259
4.89/40 ............... 5.03/40
1.73/10-yd ......... 1.75/10-yd
27 reps ................ 39 reps
32" vert .............. 28.5" vert
110" lj ................... 104" lj
4.37 ss .................. 4.55 ss
7.12 3c .................. 7.25 3c

Maybe they should try out Nate Solder at TE. He doesn't seem to be getting it done at LT. And he already has more catches from Brady.

Develin, who's nearly identical to Allen size-wise, has caught three more passes than Allen.

Not to make excuses for Allen, but players like Develin get catches usually because the defense forgets about them. As poor as Allen has been in the receiving department so far, defenses are still accounting for him.

Lengel was released from IR with an injury settlement on 9/30. He could be eligible to be re-signed by the Pats in mid-November.

Lengel - 6070/266
4.94/40, 1.66/10yd ... 26 reps ... 32 vert/117 lj ... 4.33 ss/7.26 3c

Lengel was signed to the CLE-ps on 10/10/17.

GRONK - 6060/265
4.68/40, 1.58/10yd ... 23 reps ... 33.5 vert/119 lj ... 4.47 ss/7.18 3c

Hollister - 6032/242
4.58/40, 1.62/10yd ... NA reps ... 36.5 vert/121/lj ... 4.34 ss/7.12 3c

Tryout guys from early September:

Alex Ellis - 6044/253
4.79/40, 1.60/10yd ... 20 reps ... 34.5 vert/121 lj ... 4.37 ss/6.87 3c

Ryan O'Malley - 6055/258
4.77/40, 1.69/10yd ... 19 reps ... 32 vert/117 lj ... 4.53 ss/7.47 3c

+++++
AFAIK, Glenn Gronkowski and Sam Cotton are both still SFA, as is Gary Barnidge.

Last edited:
How do you drop a pass if you were being pass interfered?
Your assessment of Bennett is as bad as your assessment of white. We don't get that ring without both of them.

Weak PI call, he should have had it.

As for White, if you would read better, I said he was unreal in the SB and for a lot of the season was pretty good... but for the majority of his career, I don’t see anything special. I think Lewis is better. Sorry!

And Lewis is a far better RB. Pass catching, I’ll let you argue White is better (though I don’t agree)

Weak PI call, he should have had it.

As for White, if you would read better, I said he was unreal in the SB and for a lot of the season was pretty good... but for the majority of his career, I don’t see anything special. I think Lewis is better. Sorry!
If he was interfered with "should have had it" is out the window.

And you are wrong. Sorry.

And Lewis is a far better RB. Pass catching, I’ll let you argue White is better (though I don’t agree)
I've yet to see an opinion from you that indicates you really know anything about football so I will chalk this up to not worth my time.

George Kittle vs Indy Clots: 7 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD.

I also agree Lewis is our best Rb but white has improved a lot in this area and as far was receiving goes White is better. His timing is on point with Brady. I still remember the wheel routes and option passes that involved Lewis and they either failed or wasn't as crisp. We are lucky to have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back