PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE signs another vet LT: Ulrick John

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't affect it . it could be effect of it though.

Most tackles in this class have 7th round tape . on slightly better sized bodies and athletic cards. Still better to bring a “warm camp body“ on a vet min deal than on a 1st round pick. At least this “body“ has some NFL experience/development so they can project better what they are getting. And versatility at all OL positions (which makes him a “versatile camp body“).

They spent 6th and 7th rounder on last years “camp body“ McDermott..

Like mentioned before T/G Wynn would be more than welcome high pick addition ..

You're actually suggesting that this nobody is as good of a bet to contribute as one of the top 5-7 OT prospects in this draft?

He was a late 7th rounder who is on his 5th team in 5 years and has played in 10 games in 4 seasons. The suggestion that he is at all similar to a top prospect in this draft is really crazy.

I get that it's a weak draft class at OT. No argument from me there. This guy is a complete nobody though. He might not even stick on the roster through June, let alone make it to preseason game time.

Urban Dictionary: Ulrick

"Ulrick" is a well known curse word reffering to the ancient, useless sea creature known as "The Ulrick". Ulrick is a rare fish species living in the Arctic Ocean(Mesopelagic - found 50-1100 meters down). The Ulrick is a poor hunter. It's survival is depending on the hard work of other cods or flatfishes.

The curse word "Ulrick" is mostly used out of frustration.
Damn it Marge! This Ulrick-computer is useless!

Not a bad point. Maybe that is who'll I be in my next life.

uh....resounding no. Too too confusing. Examples..."jew pat that perp down?"..."jew pat that hooker on her tookus?"..."jew pat the one eyed pink rat lately?"....nah...YOU are Patjew and should remain Patjew as long as the stars burn in the heavens...

With the signing of "U-John" (somewhat similar to U-Haul), the Pats now have 73 players under contract by my count ... 17 more needed to fill out the 90-man off-season roster.

Draft picks, UDFA signings, free agent signings, and trades.

That’s why I love his versatility. If Garcia isn’t ready to start this season we could use him in our tackle rotation and then either keep him there or move him to G to replace mason if we don’t resign

Mason is the best OG on the Patriots a must resign if you ask me. The Pats have before seasons end to resign him.

If Antonio Garcia plays up to his Draft clippings. The Patriots are set at LT, Garcia is extremely athletic. He may not be as Strong as Solder right now. But on tape you can see that he gets out of his stance alot quicker than Solder. Also because he sets up so fast Garcia won't get beaten around the corner as much as Solder did. On tape it's plain to see Garcia has LT feet if can remain healthy he will be a good pick.

According to Ancestry.com, the surname "John" denotes a penchant for either one who hails prostitutes on the street or one who frequents the "loo" more often than the norm(whatever the norm is)..

Ulrick John

Ulrick John Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Draft: Indianapolis Colts in the 7th round (232nd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft

No wonder why Andrew Luck's shoulder is toast.

yeah. watching bits of his college tape (on low expectations) was the bleakest experience of the season. he looked like a long average in-line TE at best. he looked smart communicating pre-snap reads across the line, looked like he knew his job but failed to execute most of the times. his lack of strength was painful to watch, no toughness either and despite some light feet runs like a lady.

he'll know the playbook and his assignments if he makes it to TC . but it would take a miracle for Dante to make him a football player despite adding 10lbs and probably some strength, technique. the interest of IND, MIA, ARI, GB, NE to keep him in the league is quite surprising
___

the problems of NFL tackles are getting more real by the season. no wonder spread offences are taking over the league.. (and could take over at Foxboro as well)
___

here the two clips if someone wants to torture him/herself..

You're actually suggesting that this nobody is as good of a bet to contribute as one of the top 5-7 OT prospects in this draft?

He was a late 7th rounder who is on his 5th team in 5 years and has played in 10 games in 4 seasons. The suggestion that he is at all similar to a top prospect in this draft is really crazy.

I get that it's a weak draft class at OT. No argument from me there. This guy is a complete nobody though. He might not even stick on the roster through June, let alone make it to preseason game time.

no suggesting. just that if tackles are bad makes no point in drafting them. and if they are average, raw a bad investment of picking them in 1st round (where you can get a cheap 5y impact starter).

i liked well enough what i saw from Croston in preseason stepping in at LT that i see no reason to panic regarding injury concerns of Waddle, Garcia, Jelks. There's also the Thuney option if injury bug strikes again (and Croston/Karras at guard)..

as i said i wouldn't mind going for Wynn, even in 1st round. he looks most ready OL apart from Nelson and could probably step in at LT in September if necessary and give them great leverage at OL puzzle for next 5 yrs.

How long before someone writes, "He sucks" here? 3-2-1...

Does the captain have the night off or something?

The good captain hates nights off.
Sorry, I was torturing myself watching the Finnish Fraud's recored in elimination games drop to 5-12...didn't even know about this particular transaction until earlier today.

Well between this useless bum and Matt the TobinBridgeToTheQB, Bill has signed THE 2 WORST LTs available in free agency...must be some kind of record.

This stiff (All-Sun Belt Conference...THIRD team! Whoop-de-damn-doo!) sucks so badly that he can't even get his first & last names straight. He makes Boney Tony Garcia look like Anthony Munoz.

Shall I continue?

Sorry, I was torturing myself watching the Finnish Fraud's recored in elimination games drop to 5-12...didn't even know about this particular transaction until earlier today.

Well between this useless bum and Matt the TobinBridgeToTheQB, Bill has signed THE 2 WORST LTs available in free agency...must be some kind of record.

This stiff (All-Sun Belt Conference...THIRD team! Whoop-de-damn-doo!) sucks so badly that he can't even get his first & last names straight. He makes Boney Tony Garcia look like Anthony Munoz.

Shall I continue?

Actually, yeah. You're kind of on a roll, like the Don Rickles of the forum.

I just don't want anything to do with the Tackle position this year...
Kolton Miller is the guy that analysts keep cramming onto the Patriots at either 23/31.

What’s your take on him?

Kolton Miller is the guy that analysts keep cramming onto the Patriots at either 23/31.

What’s your take on him?

Amazing athleticism. Zero technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back