PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE signs another vet LT: Ulrick John

Status
Not open for further replies.
???

If this were an "average" year for OT's, we'd for sure be drafting one by 43.

QUOTE="long distance, post: 5302179, member: 37082"]no suggesting. just that if tackles are bad makes no point in drafting them. and if they are average, raw a bad investment of picking them in 1st round (where you can get a cheap 5y impact starter).

i liked well enough what i saw from Croston in preseason stepping in at LT that i see no reason to panic regarding injury concerns of Waddle, Garcia, Jelks. There's also the Thuney option if injury bug strikes again (and Croston/Karras at guard)..

as i said i wouldn't mind going for Wynn, even in 1st round. he looks most ready OL apart from Nelson and could probably step in at LT in September if necessary and give them great leverage at OL puzzle for next 5 yrs.[/QUOTE]

Kolton Miller is the guy that analysts keep cramming onto the Patriots at either 23/31.

What’s your take on him?

I can see why the analysts are putting him there, he looks everything like solder 2.0 from a physical point of view! Apart from that they are a long way apart, my personal reason behind him getting so much hype is due to his freakish combine.

If you compare him to Tony Garcia, there isn't a huge difference with the two if you compare them when they come out.

I'm just not sold on him personally, think it might just be me, but the lack of a real quality tackles this years is making 2nd and 3rd round guys shoot up the board, when if you compare them to last years Miller would be a second round guy i personally feel, as from my point of view he's maybe marginally better than Garcia when they were coming out.

Now if i didn't know the Garcia has improved and got his weight back by all accounts then yes i would look at miller, but as a first rounder no thank you.

IF Miller was a late second then i'd be more inclined to take him, but as a first rounder, i just don't want anything to do with him there,

Hope this makes some sense!

I can see why the analysts are putting him there, he looks everything like solder 2.0 from a physical point of view! Apart from that they are a long way apart, my personal reason behind him getting so much hype is due to his freakish combine.

If you compare him to Tony Garcia, there isn't a huge difference with the two if you compare them when they come out.

I'm just not sold on him personally, think it might just be me, but the lack of a real quality tackles this years is making 2nd and 3rd round guys shoot up the board, when if you compare them to last years Miller would be a second round guy i personally feel, as from my point of view he's maybe marginally better than Garcia when they were coming out.

Now if i didn't know the Garcia has improved and got his weight back by all accounts then yes i would look at miller, but as a first rounder no thank you.

IF Miller was a late second then i'd be more inclined to take him, but as a first rounder, i just don't want anything to do with him there,

Hope this makes some sense!

Miller is not even close to Garcia on tape IMO. Garcia was a (possibly raw) stud.

Actually, yeah. You're kind of on a roll, like the Don Rickles of the forum.
"That new Pats' Offensive Lineman is really terrible." (same as the last guy they signed)

"How terrible is he?"

"He's so terrible, that whenever I see him play, for some reason I want to Ulrick in the John."

"Thankyouverymush...I'll be here throughout the draft...try the meatloaf..."

Or maybe not....

Good call, in part.

I thought we would go defense first but I think any players we may have targeted (Evans, LVE as examples) were off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes