PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link NCAAF Con Champ

Links to cool things

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(cool link) So many of these prospects will be playing on Sunday. Get to know the names before the become "names" ... I'm 50-75 names deep for each position in the draft forum. I'll have Saf & TE up soon.

UG's entire defense will/might get a look at the next level.

Lewis Cine (PTP wish list) is a Saf that plays everywhere. Smart player with great awareness, recognition and versatility.

Nakobi Dean (PTP wish list) will push Devin Lloyd (PTP wish list) for LB1. Incredible range speed and versatility himself. He puts up #'s doing everything. He's unbelievable and should be a first round guy. He's a leader on/off the field. Tindall has amazing closing speed you'll see him fly around.

Everyone's probably heard of Jordan Davis (PTP wish list) by now. He made a huge jump this year in terms of draft stock. His motor, range and strength have just been through the roof. In terms of pure 1/0 tech he'll be IDL1 easy. Leal (PTP wish list) might play inside more next level but Davis is the fatty every one will want. Wyatt and Walker are the other IDL on UG DL that will definitely be drafted.

Obviously E Neal who's a freak but the OT1 title is up for grabs imo depending on what scheme you run or who's running it. Cross and Ikwonu will push him for there. Again depending on the coach and scheme you might see it different. Really good class though.

Also Will Anderson is the Heisman and a guy that might be tearing up the league in 2 years.

Tons of talent of the field tonight. Again check out my threads for more names. Ask any questions you have about anyone.

Hopefully some of these prospects are NEP next year. We know Bill likes both teams

To'oto'o, I have a feeling we're not in Alabama anymore :haha:

What is the o/u on this game?

Halfway thru 2nd quarter Alabama has 250 yards of offense, 20 more than Georgia usually gives up in an entire game on average,,,

To'oto'o, I have a feeling we're not in Alabama anymore :haha:
Yea he was actually a huge recruit. Bama wanted him badly and finally ended up with him. Not sure he's a Patriot-Type bc of his weight but his closing speed, like a missile blitzing up the middle. Lateral movements are pretty sick, he cuts off the outside angle with ease. Great in chase/pursuit. Pretty heady player sniffing out screens and misdirection. Again might not be on our board but he's pretty talented.

Crazy. Just saw a BOMB throw (40+ yd in the air) from Bryce Young to Williams...TD.

Saban is a genius for Alabama for years finding top talent !

Georgia’s best chance at beating Bama in quite some time…. And still…

If you don't know his name meet Jordan Davis. IDL class is stronger than last year but there's a drop off in terms of true 0/1 techs. He got a 2nd-3rd round grade from the draft committee I believe which was fair. Came back this year and has been tearing it up from day 1.

Just dominating both A gaps.

Look at the motor and strides

He's just stupid strong. Plus anchor that can cause a car crash. He'll create pile ups for years next level. Great job showing colors / eyes to one side before crossing over. 2 gap and double team strength for days. Does a good job at using his length and locking out. Powerful paws that shock you. Doesn't get moved back.

He's not Vita Vea but not far off. Reminds me of Derrick Brown & John Henderson.
Inconsistent but decent quicks off the snap. Occasionally can split a double or surprise a lineman. Once or twice a game you'll see come together and a poor linemen will pay the price getting bullied 6 yards behind the los. He'll never be a force in the passing game in terms of pressure and sacks but he can disrupt, reset the line, take up multiple blockers with ease and occasionally just bully his way to the QB. He's very athletic for his size though and expected to run a sub 5.0 40. Has good enough lateral movements but it's his hustle and motor that make him standout there.

Mommas boy, she raised him on his own and still plays a big role in his life.
Team Capt that's well spoken, seems like a gentle giant off the field. Reserved and humble. He was 6'5 over 300 in high school so he's always been a big boy. Believe he started playing basketball before football. I like hearing about multiple sports in a persons background. Not the biggest deal but you want guys that just like to compete. The guys that stayed outside everyday playing sports.

these guys are listed in the draft forum but another name I like.

Crazy. Just saw a BOMB throw (40+ yd in the air) from Bryce Young to Williams...TD.

Saban is a genius for Alabama for years finding top talent !
His acceleration and burst are just insane. He moves different than everyone else. He was at OSU last year and didn't really fit or get along with what they were doing but obviously found a home down south. He was name that everyone knew but I think most, me included, were expecting him to go off next year.
Georgia’s best chance at beating Bama in quite some time…. And still…
I didn't have a real feeling one way or the other but am surprised Bama is up double digits like this. Plenty of time left but yea I'm a little surprised.

I'd like BillB raid more Tide players in the draft. So, far it has been fair good for the Patriots....
Here's a link of Tides & Bulldogs players and potential Patriot...

I'd love to add Neal (LT) to the OL but he is a top-5 pick.... :(

Never put money on Georgia. Any Georgia sports team. The Braves can win once every 25 years, everyone else will choke. Always.

Never put money on Georgia. Any Georgia sports team. The Braves can win once every 25 years, everyone else will choke. Always.
Thought they’d take this one. But no. I hope they give Cincy a shot. Sure, they’ll no doubt get steamrolled, but still.

Pick-6. It's over.

Bowers?? Can he be on the pats please.

For the first time in my fandom last week I saw my Wolverines beat Ohio State. I just wanna see them make the playoff, after that everything else is gravy.

For the first time in my fandom last week I saw my Wolverines beat Ohio State. I just wanna see them make the playoff, after that everything else is gravy.

If Alabama wins they’ll be facing Georgia in the first round.

If Alabama wins they’ll be facing Georgia in the first round.
They still have to beat Iowa to get in don't they? like I know the playoff is all decided in a smoke filled room over cigars and brandy but they'd drop out of the top 4 if they got beat by #16 I'd imagine, right?

This acceleration is absolutely bonkers. He beats him even twice! You have to re-route this guy somehow. Jab step gets the CB to open up too early but again good luck running with him in a straight line without touching him. Look at the acceleration off the stutter/double move. Rare speed.

Metchie would be nice in 2nd round for Patriots. Bowers would be other option.
I think Metchie will make someone very happy in the second. Brock Bowers? He's a true FO I believe but a good one. Don't think he has a redshirt so a few more years.

Argh ACL for Metchie

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes