PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link NCAAF Con Champ

Links to cool things
If you think Hutch deserves Heisman love and he does. You must believe Will Anderson is the fav. 14 + sacks and almost 30 TFL. NFL has some studs on the way rushing the passer next few year's. Ton of really good pass rushers this year and next.

Some QB going to try this and get lit up but this was smooth

The final 4 should prove interesting, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Baylor??

Yesterdays games were some of the best college FB I have seen in a while. The Baylor Oklahoma game was exciting, and my Alabama played much better than anticipated.

So much talent in both of those games..

Yesterdays games were some of the best college FB I have seen in a while. The Baylor Oklahoma game was exciting, and my Alabama played much better than anticipated.

Cincy over Baylor, I’d think.

If Alabama wins they’ll be facing Georgia in the first round.
I thought that it is only if they are seeded #1/4 or #2/3. i think Cinn is locked into #4 and ALa jumps to #1..
FIrst round possbile Ala/Cinn and MIch/GEorgia....

Cincinnati should, and probably will, get that last seed.

This angers me and reminds of Kordell's touchdown vs us in the 97 playoff game that we lost 7-6. The TD came off a play where Kordell was running out of bounds and we didn't hit him out of fear of late hit and he turned back in.

IMO total BS to take advantage of safety rules and then you expect to actually be kept safe.

I think Metchie will make someone very happy in the second. Brock Bowers? He's a true FO I believe but a good one. Don't think he has a redshirt so a few more years.

Argh ACL for Metchie

Might be a good sign. Drops his draft ranking and Patriots scoop him up in 2nd or 3rd round... :D

This angers me and reminds of Kordell's touchdown vs us in the 97 playoff game that we lost 7-6. The TD came off a play where Kordell was running out of bounds and we didn't hit him out of fear of late hit and he turned back in.

IMO total BS to take advantage of safety rules and then you expect to actually be kept safe.
Something will be done about that if we see it happen again. Defensive players won't wait until he's out the pocket to take a kill shot. They'll take a flag for a blind kill shot inside the pocket and tell the QB to get cute again.

I loved how disrespectful it was but at the same time know you can't have that in any league. Cool one time thing imo that you probably won't see again.

That should really be them giving themselves up and be "down" at the spot where they indicated they were going out of bounds. It drives me nuts that they get away with that ****.

That should really be them giving themselves up and be "down" at the spot where they indicated they were going out of bounds. It drives me nuts that they get away with that ****.
I don't think it applies to out of bounds but I actually think your right about a fake slide. With a real slide the ball gets spotted where you start the slide so they probably should blow a fake slide dead and spot it where you start the fake slide.

How many times does a QB act like he is giving himself up and running out of bounds, and the defender(s) pull up and then the QB takes the extra yard or two. Mahomes does it a lot. Its BS, IMO. The offense already has the rules disproportionally in its favor already. They don't need the cheap ones.

If you don't know his name meet Jordan Davis. IDL class is stronger than last year but there's a drop off in terms of true 0/1 techs. He got a 2nd-3rd round grade from the draft committee I believe which was fair. Came back this year and has been tearing it up from day 1.

Just dominating both A gaps.

Look at the motor and strides

He's just stupid strong. Plus anchor that can cause a car crash. He'll create pile ups for years next level. Great job showing colors / eyes to one side before crossing over. 2 gap and double team strength for days. Does a good job at using his length and locking out. Powerful paws that shock you. Doesn't get moved back.

He's not Vita Vea but not far off. Reminds me of Derrick Brown & John Henderson.
Inconsistent but decent quicks off the snap. Occasionally can split a double or surprise a lineman. Once or twice a game you'll see come together and a poor linemen will pay the price getting bullied 6 yards behind the los. He'll never be a force in the passing game in terms of pressure and sacks but he can disrupt, reset the line, take up multiple blockers with ease and occasionally just bully his way to the QB. He's very athletic for his size though and expected to run a sub 5.0 40. Has good enough lateral movements but it's his hustle and motor that make him standout there.

Mommas boy, she raised him on his own and still plays a big role in his life.
Team Capt that's well spoken, seems like a gentle giant off the field. Reserved and humble. He was 6'5 over 300 in high school so he's always been a big boy. Believe he started playing basketball before football. I like hearing about multiple sports in a persons background. Not the biggest deal but you want guys that just like to compete. The guys that stayed outside everyday playing sports.

these guys are listed in the draft forum but another name I like.

are you at all concerned with his weight/fitness level? He seemed to get tired really quick against Alabama.

I went to the Big 10 title game in Indy over the weekend. Great game (for U-M). I wasn't very impressed with Lucas Oil though. The video screens are really small too.

I don't think Michigan matches up well vs Georgia. But anything at this point is gravy.

are you at all concerned with his weight/fitness level? He seemed to get tired really quick against Alabama.
CC @patsfanfromoversea

Haven't had time to post and both had Jordan Davis questions.

To answer both questions quick.

Boxer definitely not that concerned about his fitness ... Weight is another conversation lol. And it might always be an issue. Great kid by all accounts, you're getting a good player and person so I'm not worried about the "person" he's just an enormous dude. He'll probably always be a few meals away from 400 but he's in shape and doesn't have much "bad" fat on him at all. Little belly but no bad fat around the waist/hips.
IMG_20211206_182938.jpg
IMG_20211206_184344.jpg
Wyatt is 6'3 315
IMG_20211206_184507.jpg
His size is just a gift and curse. I think he'll always be on some type snap count depending on what type of game it is, how the game progresses but he definitely can play next level. He'll get gassed, he's just enormous, it'll happen. Some games he might be more involved than others.

I guess the next question is what @patsfanfromoversea asked. Which is where is his value?

I haven't graded him but he'll end up a second rounder, top 40-45 I'd guess. So mid-late twenties isn't a big stretch if that's where we are. He's available and we take him. Not first round value but not a huge reach.

Like any draft the ultimate question is who else is on the board? Let's say we're at 23-25, hopefully further but for fun in that range. McDuffie, Lloyd, Burks, Ikwonu/Penning are there along with Davis.

Davis has made a great jump this year but he's Vita Vea. Like Vea doesn't have an array of moves. Mostly power stuff. Little hump move, push push, bull rush but he's a big time disruptor on most plays. He's quicker and a lot more consistent off the ball. I'd love Davis here but definitely don't want to over pay for a run stuffer.

I don't think you should be able to fake doing something that's taking advantage of a rule implemented for your own protection. It just isn't fair to the defenders. They ease up because they don't want to get flagged.

I don't think you should be able to fake doing something that's taking advantage of a rule implemented for your own protection. It just isn't fair to the defenders. They ease up because they don't want to get flagged.
No you shouldn't. I just thought it cool. I don't see it taking off and if it does it'll get shut down quick.

CC @patsfanfromoversea

Haven't had time to post and both had Jordan Davis questions.

To answer both questions quick.

Boxer definitely not that concerned about his fitness ... Weight is another conversation lol. And it might always be an issue. Great kid by all accounts, you're getting a good player and person so I'm not worried about the "person" he's just an enormous dude. He'll probably always be a few meals away from 400 but he's in shape and doesn't have much "bad" fat on him at all. Little belly but no bad fat around the waist/hips.
View attachment 38394
View attachment 38395
Wyatt is 6'3 315
View attachment 38396
His size is just a gift and curse. I think he'll always be on some type snap count depending on what type of game it is, how the game progresses but he definitely can play next level. He'll get gassed, he's just enormous, it'll happen. Some games he might be more involved than others.

I guess the next question is what @patsfanfromoversea asked. Which is where is his value?

I haven't graded him but he'll end up a second rounder, top 40-45 I'd guess. So mid-late twenties isn't a big stretch if that's where we are. He's available and we take him. Not first round value but not a huge reach.

Like any draft the ultimate question is who else is on the board? Let's say we're at 23-25, hopefully further but for fun in that range. McDuffie, Lloyd, Burks, Ikwonu/Penning are there along with Davis.
I would take them over Davis probably easy esp. Ekwonu/Penning and Lloyd. The Issue I have with picking him in the first is how much impact can Davis really have? How many snaps can he play ? And how is he able to help our run defense in the modern NFL with stretch/outside zone/ WR runs just some horizontal runs? I mean for runs inside the OT north south stuff he would help immediately but the rest i don't know. So from a value standpoint for me i'd prefer a CB/WR/Edge/OT esp. with God and Davis playing solid and cheap.
Davis has made a great jump this year but he's Vita Vea. Like Vea doesn't have an array of moves. Mostly power stuff. Little hump move, push push, bull rush but he's a big time disruptor on most plays. He's quicker and a lot more consistent off the ball. I'd love Davis here but definitely don't want to over pay for a run stuffer.
Vea has quickness it's insane. The one Sack where they ran a stunt on the inside with Vea coming in as the second DT around the G and just came unblocked through. This in combination with his body is impossible to get your hands on. I have my doubts Davis can do this.

I would take them over Davis probably easy esp. Ekwonu/Penning and Lloyd. The Issue I have with picking him in the first is how much impact can Davis really have? How many snaps can he play ? And how is he able to help our run defense in the modern NFL with stretch/outside zone/ WR runs just some horizontal runs? I mean for runs inside the OT north south stuff he would help immediately but the rest i don't know. So from a value standpoint for me i'd prefer a CB/WR/Edge/OT esp. with God and Davis playing solid and cheap.
Yea this sounds like my post from a few years talking about Danny Shelton. At least someone is listening :)
It's not 1993 anymore though. Teams attack the entire field now. Big guys have to move laterally as well as vertically.

I like Davis a lot but yea he's a unique guy all around. Depending on where you are on defense in terms of personnel and what you Like to do he might be an acquired taste so to speak.
Vea has quickness it's insane. The one Sack where they ran a stunt on the inside with Vea coming in as the second DT around the G and just came unblocked through. This in combination with his body is impossible to get your hands on. I have my doubts Davis can do this.
Yea Yea is a monster. Draft forum loved him coming out.

Yea this sounds like my post from a few years talking about Danny Shelton. At least someone is listening :)
It's not 1993 anymore though. Teams attack the entire field now. Big guys have to move laterally as well as vertically.

I like Davis a lot but yea he's a unique guy all around. Depending on where you are on defense in terms of personnel and what you Like to do he might be an acquired taste so to speak.
I remembered it from last year Talking about Tyler Shelvin..i did not follow the NFL the time Shelton was drafted unfortunately.
Shelvin by the way is not seeing playing time in Cincy.
Davis looks like a late second to me rn, his combine performance will be interesting to see his quickness
Yea Yea is a monster. Draft forum loved him coming out.
I can Imagine that.. Pats needed a plsymaker upfront for a while

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back