PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Imagine being a Thunder fan. All of the sudden Westbrook and George are gone.

I'm not thrilled with 7 first round picks all past pick20. Look at the Celtics. A bunch of non-top10 draft picks is hugely overrated in my opinion.

Edwards will be a Vinnie Johnson type instant O off the Bench. This kid may be a steal.

Agree that they did Russ a solid, but they screwed the team and the fans. With Russ they has a chance to compete every night. OKC fans like the grittiness of Russ. I doubt if Paul does nothing but collect a paycheck, can't see him wanting to play/put out any effort for a rebuilding team that will be years away.

OKC is going all in for a rebuild. That became the case the moment they traded George. So they'll probably try to move Paul the very moment it becomes a possibility. So, if Paul wants to be moved to a team with a chance to compete, he'd best be putting out good effort on the floor.

Edwards will be a Vinnie Johnson type instant O off the Bench. This kid may be a steal.

They're going to need to graft a conscience onto him, though, because he's playing this summer league as if he's got more than a little bit of James Harden in him, regarding shot selection and teammate involvement.

They're going to need to graft a conscience onto him, though, because he's playing this summer league as if he's got more than a little bit of James Harden in him, regarding shot selection and teammate involvement.

It's summer league. I would presume a backup would be coachable if he wants to stay around and have a good career. We shall see.

It's summer league. I would presume a backup would be coachable if he wants to stay around and have a good career. We shall see.

I know. That's why I've wondered if this is a deliberate plan with regards to the 3 rookies and Williams. A lot of what we see is stuff where other players could be making plays but pass them up.

well Taco isn't Robert Parish running the Floor.
:)

My Celtics question of the night:

How did/does Max Strus deserve/warrant the 2-way contract?

Rush to judgement. That was pre Tacko.
Supposedly scores in bunches ... looks like a brick layer to me.
Horrible D - looks lost out there.

Harden and Westbrook sticked to the same ball...I do not believe in that project. OKC apparently is in the rebuilding track so with CP3 or without him the playoffs scenario is rather slender. I like the way OKC is following assuming Westbrook and George were not destined to do anything special altogether. Next step is to trade CP3 IMO.

Hey Scal...nothing wrong with Tacko posting up. Just need to feed him the ball properly.

R Williams: I'll take 16 points, 16 boards 4 assists and a block in 20 minutes.

RE: Edwards, I expect he's doing more or less exactly what they want. It's why they're bring him off the bench too I think. He's being groomed specifically to provide instant firepower off the bench. It won't be about him facilitating for other players, at least this year. It will be about him putting up points. Something they've kind of needed.

Comments:

1.) Barkley wasn't MVP for nothing. I lived in Phoenix back in 1992-1993...those Suns played some great ball. Sometimes I think it is a shame how MJ cast such a large shadow over players from his era. Those players would eat today's NBA divas for breakfast. Hakeem, Drexler, Malone, Stockton, Payton, and etc.... forgetting more...and yes I know today's game is different..all wings switching and three pointers....but I believe those players would excel in this era.

2.) Time Lord looked good tonight and Tacko ran the court better than I thought again.

3.) Westy not going to the Heat is great news.

4.) I love what the Thunder did. Had they stood pat, they would be a 45+ win team that would lose in round 1 or 2 of the playoffs. Now they have CP3 for 40m, 43m, and 46m the next three seasons plus 15 first rounders (not
Counting swaps) in the next 6 drafts. Hafts think they will buy CP3 out. I'd do it now...and just sign street free agents.

Hey Scal...nothing wrong with Tacko posting up. Just need to feed him the ball properly.

The way Scal talks about Tacko, you'd swear he was critiquing a 6'6" wing rather than a 7'6" center

Fall can average 25 ppg if fed the ball properly.

Fall needs to get stronger, and to get better low post technique on both ends of the court before anyone starts counting his points. Also, either he needs to learn how to get position while cutting to the rim or the coaching staff needs to allow him to start pressing to the inside more, because he's missing out on a lot of lobs that could be there for him.

so happy westbrook didn't go to the heat.
We can thank Riley for that. Handing out ridiculous contracts to guys like Dragic. Time for us to spend our time in Purgatory. Shed those contracts, bottom out, stop trading our firsts, and start from scratch

Last edited:
Westbrook and Harden when each has 9 assists...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back