PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

I think Tacko is in the mix ...
However Ainge would not be doing his job if he filled that 15th slot right now.
It very well could be Tacko but players will be cut soon and the reality is Ainge has until the training camp period to make a decision ... and he is wise to do it.

I don't get the Strus thing unless it will come down to him or Wannamaker.
Maybe in the end Strus replaces Wannamaker and Tacko gets the 2-way occupied by Strus.
Then Ainge also brings in what they are lacking to fill the last spot.

Comments:

1.) Like you said the other day...we haven't even seen Langford yet and he was our highest pick.

2.) I love it that folks are watching Summer League. The competition is watered down, but I think we have something from our draft/UDFA class this year.
I actually think that Langford has far and away the most upside of the guys the C's picked this draft. He's a guy who has the potential to be a great NBA wing. A guy who (in HS/pre-injury) could shoot from range and defend 3 positions. That's what teams are looking for these days.

Too bad we didn't get to see him in SL, but we WILL get to see him come October. However I'm thinking right now that Edwards and Williams might actually get more minutes THIS year. Langford, iirc, is the youngest of the 3 draft picks and he looked like a 19 year of kid with a LOT of physical maturing to do, so I'm not sure what we'll get THIS season.

Let this be a red shirt year for him. He can get stronger, as well as work on regaining his shot. BTW- is it possible to send your first round pick to Maine at times during the season so he can get the on court minutes he won't be getting in Boston?

I actually think that Langford has far and away the most upside of the guys the C's picked this draft. He's a guy who has the potential to be a great NBA wing. A guy who (in HS/pre-injury) could shoot from range and defend 3 positions. That's what teams are looking for these days.

Too bad we didn't get to see him in SL, but we WILL get to see him come October. However I'm thinking right now that Edwards and Williams might actually get more minutes THIS year. Langford, iirc, is the youngest of the 3 draft picks and he looked like a 19 year of kid with a LOT of physical maturing to do, so I'm not sure what we'll get THIS season.

Let this be a red shirt year for him. He can get stronger, as well as work on regaining his shot. BTW- is it possible to send your first round pick to Maine at times during the season so he can get the on court minutes he won't be getting in Boston?

Don't think you can send anyone to the G league without risking them being plucked by other teams, but not sure. I seem to recall injured players warming up in the G league, but might be confusing my sports....

My condolences to Tramont Waters, and my best wishes to him and his family.

Father of Celtics' Tremont Waters found dead in Connecticut hotel room

Tragedy has struck the family of Boston Celtics second-round pick Tremont Waters.

Edward Waters Jr. was found dead in a West Haven, Connecticut hotel room on Thursday and the state's medical examiner's office confirmed to Pat Tomlinson of the Connecticut Post on Friday that Waters Jr. died by suicide...

Father of Celtics' Tremont Waters found dead in Connecticut hotel room

Don't think you can send anyone to the G league without risking them being plucked by other teams, but not sure. I seem to recall injured players warming up in the G league, but might be confusing my sports....
If they're on a two way contract it's fine. I think even if they're on a regular contract they can be sent for a limited number of games.

I tried to build Tacko in 2k. Nope, 7’3 is the tallest. So you can’t even make the dude up in a video game. :D

I tried to build Tacko in 2k. Nope, 7’3 is the tallest. So you can’t even make the dude up in a video game. :D
My teen son is a huge 2K player ... I'm going to tell him this.:cool:

My teen son is a huge 2K player ... I'm going to tell him this.:cool:

I am currently playing as Tacko Fall in a China league as a 7’3 with the biggest wingspan they allow. He doesn’t look right lol.

I do see Tacko becoming the next Brian Scalabrine fan favorite as the crowd chants for him to enter the game.

So either Tacko is hurt or the coach blows. Also, no Timelord? Was there a directive to stop playing him? I mean this was an easily winnable game but something is up.

Nope nevermind. With 14 seconds left..Timelord is in the game. Coach sucks major ass. Holy hell.

What a loser. Hope he NEVER sees an NBA sideline especially in Boston.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back