PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Apparently, the can easily switch Waters to a regular contract freeing up a 2-way to use with Tacko.
My gut tells me that is their plan

Even in his Rookie year that was the first thing that stood out to me about him.:D You could tell Yabu was going to have problems with that Rump it would be alright if he was the other Gender.:D
It worked great for Barkley...he just knew how to use it.

This is where I am at......

Keep in mind he only started playing at age 16.

That's why I think it makes sense to try developing him. If he was just continuing to be a big soft stiff from age 9, I'd be less enthusiastic about the potential.

A very informative post and you make a good point. Perhaps all is not lost, and I completely agree that Kanter is an outstanding value for only $5M per year.

However, as a counterpoint, many of these teams actually have platoons of talented bigs either at the 4 and 5, and it may be difficult for Boston to match up with them. The most obvious example is Phila, in addition to Embiid they also have Horford now. Similarly, in addition to Len Atlanta has the promising 6'10" John Collins; in addition to Gasol Toronto has Ibaka and Siakam; the Bulls have 7' Markkanen in addition to Carter; the Pacers have 6'11" Sabonis in addition to Turner; and the Bucks have both B. and R. Lopez plus the Greek freak.

Perhaps the Celtics can small ball teams with 6'8" Tatum at the 4, but certainly it would give the Celtics more flexibility if one of the youngster bigs emerged this year.

I am not concerned with the guys you mentioned.......Kanter plus Williams/Theis/Poirier will be fine against the majority of the teams I mentioned......and a team like Philly I believe will not be able to switch fast enough to handle smaller teams.......more will be dependent on 3pt shooting by the C's

Kahwi Leonard and Paul George are snakes. I hate the Clippers. Anyone who lives in LA knows how annoying they are. And their fans....are really annoying.

Big win for Boston for Leonard screwing the Raptors. Also picking up Walker. Westbrook possibility getting trading to the East would be good for the NBA. Both conferences need more balance.

And the media absolutely botched the Leonard sweepstakes. Lots of irresponsible reporting....as usual.

Last edited:
Even in his Rookie year that was the first thing that stood out to me about him.:D You could tell Yabu was going to have problems with that Rump it would be alright if he was the other Gender.:D

It worked great for Barkley...he just knew how to use it.

I am always jealous of you Patsfans that run across Pats players in bars and other venues in Boston. Well, here is my one chance to name drop ;). I live in SouthEast Birmingham Alabama and after his NBA retirement Barkley has shown up in my part of town frequently, holding court at local bars (he is a real charmer, and the ladies are dazzled by him, as you might expect) and I saw him at my gym a couple of times maybe 10-15 years ago. He had been on TNT a number of years, but it was before he lost weight.

Seeing him in person at the gym, he isn't that tall, but he was simply one big, super-strong dude. I was stunned by just how much weight he could lift. I thought: "this is what a former professional athlete who is "out of shape" (air quotes intended) is like??" He simply looked like the strongest person I had ever seen.

So: Barkley might have had a big butt, but it was made of granite, he was really a very unusual, one of a kind NBA player.

I am always jealous of you Patsfans that run across Pats players in bars and other venues in Boston. Well, here is my one chance to name drop ;). I live in SouthEast Birmingham Alabama and after his NBA retirement Barkley has shown up in my part of town frequently, holding court at local bars (he is a real charmer, and the ladies are dazzled by him, as you might expect) and I saw him at my gym a couple of times maybe 10-15 years ago. He had been on TNT a number of years, but it was before he lost weight.

Seeing him in person at the gym, he isn't that tall, but he was simply one big, super-strong dude. I was stunned by just how much weight he could lift. I thought: "this is what a former professional athlete who is "out of shape" (air quotes intended) is like??" He simply looked like the strongest person I had ever seen.

So: Barkley might have had a big butt, but it was made of granite, he was really a very unusual, one of a kind NBA player.
Barkley was a physical freak. Played at 280 and had a 38in vertical.

Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul and picks. Two bad contracts but I gotta say I like what OKC got in return picks wise by blowing up their current core.

Westbrook to the Red Rockets.

This is a terrible trade for the Thunder. Paul will be useless as he won't put any effort into a rebuilding team. The draft picks are worthless, will be in the 20's and the right to swap picks is laughable. The only hope for the Thunder is if they can flip Paul at the trade deadline.

Edit - The draft picks are in 2024 and 2026. Totally worthless

He also is known to hang out in my town outside of Philly as his wife is from here. He has a local restaurant that he frequents and people give him his space as he is a local.......

This is a terrible trade for the Thunder. Paul will be useless as he won't put any effort into a rebuilding team. The draft picks are worthless, will be in the 20's and the right to swap picks is laughable. The only hope for the Thunder is if they can flip Paul at the trade deadline.

OKC is doing Russ a solid by sending him to a contender. Once George made his intentions known they needed to blow it up. Their only option of trading him was most likely moving him for another bad contract (CP3). And it’s way too early to tell if those picks turn into anything as we don’t know what Houston turns into 4 years from now.

OKC has done pretty damn well for themselves here with their trades. 7 combined first rounders plus their own (which will be high because they should stink.)

Agree that they did Russ a solid, but they screwed the team and the fans. With Russ they has a chance to compete every night. OKC fans like the grittiness of Russ. I doubt if Paul does nothing but collect a paycheck, can't see him wanting to play/put out any effort for a rebuilding team that will be years away.

Westbrook to Houston for Chris Paul and picks. Two bad contracts but I gotta say I like what OKC got in return picks wise by blowing up their current core.
so happy westbrook didn't go to the heat.

I read some rumors of the thunder buying out Paul. He will end up with the lakers. Rondo and Paul on the same team.

Well, it ain't a winner for Houston. The ensuing trainwreck as Harden and Westbrook strangle each other on the court should be amusing though.

Carsen has some Steph in him...

R Williams is showing well tonight, Summer league and all, hoping for a 2nd year leap. Valuable piece IMO.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back