PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder Absolutely Destroying Pro Bowler Cameron Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh..Solder didn't even get a rookie of the week nomination. But Patrick Peterson who was torched by Steve Smith all day gets 1 for a punt return TD. Figures...poor linemen never get respect.

After the draft, everyone was talking about how he will need to gain some strenght/weight. Well, he looked pretty quick tonight--just what we need against speed rushers. He may struggle against bull rushes, but you have to like that quickness. Maybe he's better off without the extra 20 lbs.

Last edited:
If nothing else, I think the fact that he played so well against someone who is considered the best rusher on the Dolphins and one of the better rushers in the league will be a HUGE confidence builder for the young kid.

One of the most impressive aspects of the impressive win last night was the superb play of Solder. He's a rookie, correct? Sure didn't look like it to me. Wow!

Solder has elite feet for an OT, which is rare for a guy that tall. It doesn't surprise me that he did well against a high motor, speedy guy like Wake.

The knock on Nate is his strength, and I am not sure he'll do so well against a more powerful lineman. For instance I suspect Haynesworth could pick him up and throw him into the QB if he was lined up against him.

Shhh. . . . Don't tempt Rex. :nono:

oh...well...that changes things drastically...I thought you were inmate #0729...doing time for robbery...phew...feeling much better now...just gotta shake off the yips...:scared:

Sorry no my record is clean. Had a close call a few years back, but the prosecution's key witness had an unfortunate accident. It's amazing how break lines can snap like that when driving down Mt. Washington.

One of the most impressive aspects of the impressive win last night was the superb play of Solder. He's a rookie, correct? Sure didn't look like it to me. Wow!

I saw several plays where Solder not only buried Wake but took him to the ground and basically flopped on top of him. Those pancakes must be really demoralizing for a DL. To his credit, Wake kept coming and eventually got a sack on a 2nd effort move. But man, for the most part Solder was physically dominating that matchup.

Actually it is Rob and 0729 is my bank account password (I trust you guys not to drain my bank account). But plenty of people have called me a zero in my life.

Yeah, I was just referring to the fact that the next character in your name was 0 and not O.

What bank do you use again?

I saw several plays where Solder not only buried Wake but took him to the ground and basically flopped on top of him. Those pancakes must be really demoralizing for a DL. To his credit, Wake kept coming and eventually got a sack on a 2nd effort move. But man, for the most part Solder was physically dominating that matchup.

Then he just laid there on top of Wake and watched the play. Awesome.

Nate was a player possessed last night.....just think how good he'll get after a season under his belt !! :eek:

OH MY !! :rocker:

Wake comes in at weird angles often close to the ground like a gopher or something. Solder played it smart by just pushing him to the ground and falling on top of him.

Last edited:
Solder has elite feet for an OT, which is rare for a guy that tall. It doesn't surprise me that he did well against a high motor, speedy guy like Wake.

The knock on Nate is his strength, and I am not sure he'll do so well against a more powerful lineman. For instance I suspect Haynesworth could pick him up and throw him into the QB if he was lined up against him.

I knewv his strength was his ONLY Knock:) Just imagine how much it will improve by next year:):):)

he will still be a swing Tackle for now (Vollmer the Vet will get the starts)... I love our o-Line just imagine how much energy we can conserve in our RT's by having 2 awesome looking specimens @ the RT position

Vollmer could swing between Right and Left giving Light rest as well

Last edited:
Wake comes in at weird angles often close to the ground like a gopher or something. Solder played it smart by just pushing him to the ground and falling on top of him.

Making the other guy support your weight is always a brilliant idea, muscles get tired but gravity NEVER gets tired.

Nate..What are you doing picking on that Pro Bowler like that?

Haynesworth could pick up a Humvee and throw 10 yds.

Nate..What are you doing picking on that Pro Bowler like that?

Seriously, Nate literally beat the pis$ out of the man..........

I think Nate opened up alot of eyes last night, especially some eyes in the city to our direct South West.

He wasnt Solders man on the sack. There was a blitz and Solder picked up the outside man. I don't remember who has Wake, but it wasnt Solder.

I have a question ----- solder pretty much manhandled wake for most of the game, pancaking him to the ground on numerous occasions.
I don't think I saw solder flex and pose for the camera on any of those --- did I miss the hulk poses?

Solder played very well on Monday. The pats are set at Tackle for a long time to come. He looked very good for playing in his first game as a pro and the scary part is he is only going to get better with each game and each year.

They kept showing replays of Solder at right tackle versus pro bowler Cameron Wake, who had 14 sacks last year. Solder was repeatedly dominating Wake, whether it be by throwing him to the ground and burying him, or pushing him back or redirecting him.

VERY IMPRESSIVE, not just for a rookie but also a traditional left tackle playing right tackle in a shortened off-season.
Nate Solder spent so much time throwing him to the ground and then simply laying on top of him that I thought they were going to get a room after the game. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes