PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name your favorite WTF moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get away?

Crazy coach Clive Rush cuts Bob Gladieux, who responds by going on a weekend bender. Decides to go to the game with his buddy on Sunday.

His friend goes for another round of beers, returns to find Bob's seat empty. Settles in for the second half kickoff and hears "tackle Gladieux" over the PA. Clive Rush had re-signed him at half time [and half in the bag] to cover kicks.

Last edited:
Tavon Wilson

The "swinging gate" play that further embarrassed the Colts

this has to be done a run off poll, competition, if you will

Patriots-related Top 5:
  1. ButtFumble
  2. Colts 4th down fake punt with no offensive line
  3. Mark Henderson & his snowplow nearly gives Don Shula a stroke
  4. Bob Gladieux gets called from the stands to play
  5. Chuck Fairbanks suspended; Pats go with two head coaches for next game

Head Coach Top 5:
  1. Jim Mora: Playoffs? Playoffs!
  2. Denny Green: We Let 'em Off the Hook!
  3. Mike Tomlin trips Raven player on kick return
  4. Jets' Sal Alosi trips Dolphin return gunner
  5. Woody Hayes punches opposing player in throat

Other Teams, Top Ten:
  1. Dan Orlovsky safety
  2. Jim Marshall wrong way touchdown
  3. Garo Yepremian SB pass vs Washington
  4. Joe Pisarcik / Herm Edwards / Miracle at the Meadowlands
  5. Leon Lett SB showboating, gets ball knocked away by Don Beebe
  6. Earnest Byner fumble, Browns lose to Denver in '87 AFCCG
  7. Stefon Diggs last second winning TD vs Saints in playoffs
  8. Tony Romo PAT fail
  9. Saints score as time expires on multi-lateral play that never works - but lose anyways when they miss the extra point.
  10. Lions stand around and watch Aaron Rodgers complete game winning 61 yard Hail Mary, one play after a phantom face mask penalty.

the day the universal disgrace to humanity, Stokoe Goodell, was installed as ommisioner of the nFL in what can only be described as a coup d'etat by the Mara/Rooney consortium.

LOOK at what we have today...this utter moron is 100% responsible for the ruination of our once proud sport.

An overlooked great part of the Colts trick punt fiasco was that Brandon Bolden didn't just tackle the dude, he basically hit him with a running tornado DDT right out of a pro wrestling match. It was the most "pro wrestling in a real sport" thing since Andre Tippet was throwing fools around like he was Ron Simmons crushing a jobber.

Actually I just wanted an excuse to post that old Tippett highlight.

The real answer though is the entire sequence in the buttfumble game where they scored 21 points in 53 seconds. The buttfumble was the funniest part, but the whole sequence of events was comedy gold.

Tip blowing people up, one of the many joys of Pats fanhood.

And our real logo and uni's rule.

the day the universal disgrace to humanity, Stokoe Goodell, was installed as ommisioner of the nFL in what can only be described as a coup d'etat by the Mara/Rooney consortium.

LOOK at what we have today...this utter moron is 100% responsible for the ruination of our once proud sport.

It is pretty bad when cartoons start accurately portraying the guy as an ineffectual idiot. The south park show on goodell is hillarious but it’s also a symptom of a diseased league

But NYFL profits are up and fantasy investors like Bob Kraft and Jerruh Jones are making a killing.

Sorry, but Krafty Bob also pushed hard for Stokoe, in his eternal gratitude after Tagliabue sent him to Boston to keep the Pats in Mass., and out of Hartford

Kind of a situational thing...but: The Bills placing themselves in such a precarious QB predicament that just signed QB street free agents are the best alternative and Peterman still has a roster spot after being historically bad. #WTF

The time when someone threw a bildo on the field during a Pats/Bills game.

The top are the buttfumble and the Colts punting fiasco. For comedy and stupidity, it was the Colts fake punt. For sheer joy it was the buttfumble.
Does that Colts mess even have a name?
I definitely deserves one.
Pagano escaped a lifetime of ridicule, by avoiding it being labeled.

What an idiot

The time when someone threw a bildo on the field during a Pats/Bills game.
speaking to a client of mine, that seems to be bills things more than a bills/pats things, we are just "blessed" to see what they sneak into a stadium in Barfalo, see what happens when there is nothing to do

I remember wondering at the time of that play why Patten would take on the hit like that. I also remember it being one of the most physical Pats games ever. Wow, where did those 17 years go?
That was the exact moment when I knew that season was just something different, and special.

BTW, I know what my LEAST-favorite WTF moments are:

1A. Francis being held by Villapiano
1B. Roughing The Passer
1C:

Reminiscing on anniversary of day the Patriots introduced their new logo

Every time I visit the package store I see the Budweiser beer bottle, with the same logo and style it's had for the last two hundred years.

With the talk of Troy Brown playing DB, do we forget that Julian did the same for a few games? And I would posit that he was a better DB than Brown. Not a WTF moment, I just wanted it to be noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News