PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name your favorite WTF moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about this gem. One of the most bizarre things I’ve seen from a sideline reporter. My initial thoughts were “what the f*** was that?”

Living proof via reporter and coach that hiring should be based on your qualifications, not diversity.

I think you’re remembering the regular season game against the Rams from October ‘01 where Vinateri threw a TD pass. Although they lost 24-17, it was a positive sign of things to come. Of course, we got them back in the SB at the end of the year, and that’s what matters.

Belichick loved making Mike Martz look like an idiot.

Speaking of coaches who hate Belichick.

I think Brad Childress is in rubber room somewhere today sticking pins into a Belichick action figure while mumbling swear words between shots of thorazine.

I can't decided what was more of a wtf moment. Drafting ros i dowling or jordan richards.

I think you’re remembering the regular season game against the Rams from October ‘01 where Vinateri threw a TD pass. Although they lost 24-17, it was a positive sign of things to come. Of course, we got them back in the SB at the end of the year, and that’s what matters.
Right team. Wrong game. The TD pass was in ‘04 at the Georgia Done.

I can't decided what was more of a wtf moment. Drafting ros i dowling or jordan richards.
Ras I Dowling for me because they had all night to decide who to take and they took an injury prone DB. I remember Mike Reiss and analysts were screaming Jabal Sheard before the draft as the pass rush was an obvious need.

Him and Chandler Jones would’ve been a great combo.

Last edited:
It's nowhere near The Funt or The Butt Fumble but that ridiculous posturing out of the Colts D after making an interception while down 2 scores is right up there on this year's WTF list. The Dolts really are the gift that keeps on giving...like herpes

The play call was baffling and the pick was fantastic/hilarious, but things like "throw a slant" or "make an interception" are normal things that happen within the sport of football.

There is no scenario where "run into an ass face-first" is "normal." At least in FOOTBALL anway. :eek:

It won the Super Bowl, “ what the **** just happened? ” was pretty much the reaction of everyone watching it.

I've mentioned this one before, but can't help remembering August 17, 1969.

On the way to being blown out by the Falcons at Alumni Stadium in a preseason interleague game, coach Clive Rush ordered his kicker (don't know if it was Gino) to do an onside kick.

Just one thing: nobody else on the team knew.

So, as the Pats sprinted downfield, a huge Atlanta lineman scooped up the ball and rumbled the other way for a touchdown.

Ah, memories.

Or go back a few more years ...

Ya got me.

I'm pretty old now, and not sure about the statute of limitations, but...

Should I turn myself in?

Not at all ... Just keeping the old memories alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back