PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name your favorite WTF moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you are remembering a couple years ago when Lamarr Houston sacked Brady and torn his ACL in a celebration.

Close.

He tore it after sacking Garoppolo, when the Bears were down 25 in the fourth quarter.

What upped the WTF level was that another player had just done basically the same celebration a few weeks before . . . and also tore his ACL.

Jameis Winston stealing crab legs.

Lobsters? yes. Crab legs? No, there is no meat on them.
seriously! Crab legs are like 4 feet long...would have been easier to steal a whole lobster. Idiot

An overlooked great part of the Colts trick punt fiasco was that Brandon Bolden didn't just tackle the dude, he basically hit him with a running tornado DDT right out of a pro wrestling match. It was the most "pro wrestling in a real sport" thing since Andre Tippet was throwing fools around like he was Ron Simmons crushing a jobber.

Actually I just wanted an excuse to post that old Tippett highlight.

The real answer though is the entire sequence in the buttfumble game where they scored 21 points in 53 seconds. The buttfumble was the funniest part, but the whole sequence of events was comedy gold.

I think it was ‘01 when David Patten was lying half out of bounds unconscious against the Bills and “recovered” his own fumble. The ball basically landed under his legs and counted as a recovery out of bounds. I think we won a low scoring game in OT. Seems like a lifetime ago.

One of my most favorite games from the 01' season. In the same game, Brady got hit into next week and his helmet flew off....I thought Brady was dead, but nope...he got right back up.

We won like 9-6, IIRC......in those days we didn't win in Buffalo that easily.....

Know what? the entire 2001 season is my favorite WTF moment ever....the best football season I ever watched....

I think you’re remembering the regular season game against the Rams from October ‘01 where Vinateri threw a TD pass. Although they lost 24-17, it was a positive sign of things to come. Of course, we got them back in the SB at the end of the year, and that’s what matters.

Nope...my memory isn't what it used to be, but I remember Adam throwing the TD in the Edward James Dome...so it makes me think it was the 2005 season (4 years after the Rams came to Foxboro). In the 01' game...we lost to go 5-5...I remember a fumble at the GL by Antowain Smith....

EDIT: It was 2004...I forgot we used to have 3 divisions per conference back in 2001. So, we played in STL 3 years later. New England Patriots at St. Louis Rams - November 7th, 2004 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Nope...my memory isn't what it used to be, but I remember Adam throwing the TD in the Edward James Dome...so it makes me think it was the 2005 season (4 years after the Rams came to Foxboro). In the 01' game...we lost to go 5-5...I remember a fumble at the GL by Antowain Smith....
Yeah, @farn correctly stated that he was referring to the 2004 game. I could have sworn that we attempted a fake FG in the 2001 reg season loss, too, so that’s what I was thinking of.

Probably this one.

definitely the colts and their 2 man 4th and long trick play

One of my favorite wtf moments was when one of my sons and I went to the last game of the 2001 season (in Carolina) and we and a few thousand Pats fans were doing the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets chant so they'd beat Oakland and give us a home playoff game vs the Raiders. It worked.

Another personal wtf moment came a week or so later when I was sitting at a bar arguing with a Pats fan about the chances of the Pats in the playoffs. He said that the Pats could possibly get to the SB but there was no way they were beating the Rams. I still mention it when I see him.

Here’s another one. Even these guys know

what no mention of the vikings "love boat " incident ?

Watching John Madden carve a turkey with his bare hand during a game on Thanksgiving.

Replacement refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye