PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid’s just soft, perfect opportunity with a new young potentially accurate rookie QB entering and he doesn’t want to compete. Don’t trade him, force him to come and put up or shut up.

I agree but the problem is the 53 man limit by September. How do you make him "put up or shut up" when everyone knows he will be released in 6 weeks? That is all the leverage N'Keal has. 1) Put up and shut up (which does not seem like it will happen), or 2) get himself released (which seems likely). Oddly he appears to be excited about forcing himself into being released. Oddist career strategy I ever saw.

I think @RobertWeathers is right - he is a diva and has a diva agent. The whole public trade announcement is really odd. The whole situation is really odd. The kid has physical talents, unlike what some here say, but it seems the gray matter between his ears is NUTS.

I'll drive him to Logan. Get this bum off the team ASAP. 8th round pick will work just fine. This guy is not a winner. Just like Cam.
That's the biggest thing that pisses me off about this situation. I cannot stand players who do not own up to their crappy play and think they are better than they actually are.

Bill missed on the pick. That sucks and it's a lost opportunity to land a young, talented WR. Evaluate the failure and don't replicate it. Move on. Thank god we have Jakobi.

But Harry..He isn't showing any professional accountability whatsoever and is coming off as his poop doesn't stink. Isn't getting opportunities? BS. Yea he got hurt twice in Year 1. Yea he didn't have a TC Year 2. Yea he had crapbox Newton throwing to him.

UFA Jakobi Meyers has over 1000 snaps in 29 games. 85 catches for over 1000yds and is catching 70% of the ball thrown to him. Meyers battled and fought his way on the team, on the gameday roster and on the field.

In 4/5ths the snaps Harry has 1/2 the catches, less than 1/2 the yards and 20% less catch %.

No clue how to overcome adversity here.

He does have talent and it's not too late for him to have a decent career but he is not a fit for this program at all.

F- him. Baby.

I agree but the problem is the 53 man limit by September. How do you make him "put up or shut up" when everyone knows he will be released in 6 weeks? That is all the leverage N'Keal has. 1) Put up and shut up (which does not seem like it will happen), or 2) get himself released (which seems likely). Oddly he appears to be excited about forcing himself into being released. Oddist career strategy I ever saw.

I think @RobertWeathers is right - he is a diva and has a diva agent. The whole public trade announcement is really odd. The whole situation is really odd. The kid has physical talents, unlike what some here say, but it seems the gray matter between his ears is NUTS.
He has zero leverage, he can't hold out. Tell him he's not being traded and to put his frustration to work and possibly tap into the athleticism he has.

I think he's just mentally soft, maybe his "doughboy" nickname is well deserved. They can't get much for him now in trade, they won't get much for him post camp. Either he cowboys up and shows why he should be deserving targets or he's gone, either way it would be better to make it clear to the the rest of the league why.

I don't think he is a diva. I think he recognizes that he is not going anywhere with Cam as his QB. He is in his third year. He is better off going to another team where he will see more targets so he can try to stay relevant in the league.

Receivers taken after Harry:

(36) Deebo Samuel
(51) A.J. Brown
(56) Mecole Hardman
(64) D.K. Metcalf
(76) Terry McLaurin
# 66 Dionte Johnson 1600 yards 12 TDs Diontae Johnson Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
# 149 Hunter Renfrow 1200 yards 6 TDs Hunter Renfrow Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
# 171 Darius Slayton 1500 yards 11 TDs Darius Slayton Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
# 208 Scotty Miller 700 yards 4 TDs Scott Miller Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

i didnt realize players can request being traded back to college?

I was screaming at the TV to draft Metcalf.......my wife can confirm that......

Every time I watch the Seahawks play, I tell wifey, "remember I was screaming Metcalf at the TV 2-3 years ago? That's him!!!"

Receivers taken after Harry:

(36) Deebo Samuel
(51) A.J. Brown
(56) Mecole Hardman
(64) D.K. Metcalf
(76) Terry McLaurin
I remember sitting in front of the TV that night when the Patriots were on the clock and I was so excited about them getting Brown or Metcalf.

Kid’s just soft, perfect opportunity with a new young potentially accurate rookie QB entering and he doesn’t want to compete. Don’t trade him, force him to come and put up or shut up.
He has had plenty of opportunities. With the greatest QB of all time. With Brian Hoyer. With Cam Newton. He isn't going to step up. It is over he is done.

I do like Matt Chatham but he is so wrong about Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes