PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of his generation will always lead to borderline comps and is never clear-cut. Maybe we can stick with WRs drafted in 2000 or later.

Fitzgerald
Jones
Brown
Calvin Johnson

I con’t think AJ Green stacks up, though I realize his QBs haven’t been great either. His awards and numbers are closer to Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc.

Imagine being a fan of a franchise that wasted the careers of both Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders.
Really is crazy they had two first ballot hall of famers retire in their prime for basically the same reason almost two decades apart.

Best of his generation will always lead to borderline comps and is never clear-cut. Maybe we can stick with WRs drafted in 2000 or later.

Fitzgerald
Jones
Brown
Calvin Johnson

I con’t think AJ Green stacks up, though I realize his QBs haven’t been great either. His awards and numbers are closer to Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, etc.
It comes down to what you define as a generation. To me a generation in Football, is contemporaries that played at least 6 seasons at the same time in their prime.

It's why I wouldn't place Calvin Johnson or Fitz in the same generation as AB and JJ, because they either weren't in their prime (Fitz) or played long enough (CJ) at the same time.

It comes down to what you define as a generation. To me a generation in Football, is contemporaries that played at least 6 seasons at the same time in their prime.

It's why I wouldn't place Calvin Johnson or Fitz in the same generation as AB and JJ, because they either weren't in their prime (Fitz) or played long enough (CJ) at the same time.
Is it just me, or is it intellectually impossible for a thread about N'Keal Harry requesting a trade to lead to a debate about "the best of his generation?"

This is like following @Tunescribe posts and reaching the conclusion that he is actually Fireman Ed.

300firemaned.jpg

While I'm certainly not one who would normally dissuade a lively disagreement about football here, and I'm not trying to do that here, I do have to ask a question (I might have missed an explanatory post):

Given the number of WRs who blow through the league over the course of time, why does it matter whether Jones is the WR1, WR2, or WR3 of his generation when the discussion generating post read

"Julio Jones who is possibly the greatest WR of his generation. "?

Again, I'm not trying to stop any discussion. I'm just wondering if I've missed something significant about WR1 v. WR2 v. WR3. Thanks in advance for any clarifying response.

While I'm certainly not one who would normally dissuade a lively disagreement about football here, and I'm not trying to do that here, I do have to ask a question (I might have missed an explanatory post):

Given the number of WRs who blow through the league over the course of time, why does it matter whether Jones is the WR1, WR2, or WR3 of his generation when the discussion generating post read

Again, I'm not trying to stop any discussion. I'm just wondering if I've missed something significant about WR1 v. WR2 v. WR3. Thanks in advance for any clarifying response.

You didn’t miss anything. Out of boredom, people want to size up the modern WRs now.

Is it just me, or is it intellectually impossible for a thread about N'Keal Harry requesting a trade to lead to a debate about "the best of his generation?"

This is like following @Tunescribe posts and reaching the conclusion that he is actually Fireman Ed.

View attachment 34180

For whatever reason people want to point out when threads get sidetracked without acknowledging they’d be in Page 3 of the Main Forum if it weren’t for topic mutations. What else is there to say about Harry? What else is there to say about Mac Jones, though some get so mad when the thread veers into Brady territory? The topics run their course quickly, especially since the OP is often something that offers no insight or material worthy of a deep dive discussion.

I'm mainly doing it to show the hypocrisy of a few moderators on this board.

You can literally discuss anything other than the Pats on the main thread and it's cool, but the moment you mention Brady it gets sent away.

ill never forget when possession monster Keenan Allen was sitting there in round 2 in 2013 and we somehow chose one trick pony Aaron Dobson. I almost smashed my TV

Yep...We should've gone into Denver on Thanksgiving Sunday 2015 with some, most, or really even All of Allen, his college teammate Marvin Jones, Charlie Weis-trained Golden Tate and rookie Returner/WR Tyler Lockett (Edelman had been lost two weeks earlier vs the Vagiants)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents