PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady didn’t want to stay/lost trust in BB because of what happened in 2019. Staying was a dead end for Brady.
But that could have been avoided. Brady was the system. Brady was the dynasty. And, now, Brady is the SB champion in Tampa. And it could have been avoided if Belichick hadn't done so much screwing up with regards to top players in the years prior.

He needed to fight to the death to make the team- a true measure of a man.

Instead he turtles and cries to his lawyer to trade him.
I usually try to avoid running with the mob and rather hold out hope right until any Pats player is traded or cut (Sanu comes to mind). But Harry having his trainer/lawyer push other players under the bus, wine about how hard life is and ask for a trade - well, good riddance, one presumes.

But that could have been avoided. Brady was the system. Brady was the dynasty. And, now, Brady is the SB champion in Tampa. And it could have been avoided if Belichick hadn't done so much screwing up with regards to top players in the years prior.
I agree. And an underrated point you made in your prior post is that blowing drafts picks make it more costly, which homers fail to comprehend.

I agree. And an underrated point you made in your prior post is that blowing drafts picks make it more costly, which homers fail to comprehend.
The homers here don't even believe a lot of the nonsense they post. They just want to enjoy their delusions, so they pretend to buy into the pathetic arguments they toss out.

Still a better film reviewer than Matt Chatham.
If a player is open it doesn't matter who is reviewing it.

Cam sucked balls last year, that is an indisputable fact.

If a player is open it doesn't matter who is reviewing it.

And Harry wasn’t. Enter Agholor and Bourne.

Cam sucked balls last year, that is an indisputable fact.

So did Harry. He knows he sucks, doesn’t want to compete, and that’s why he’s asking for a trade.

I usually try to avoid running with the mob and rather hold out hope right until any Pats player is traded or cut (Sanu comes to mind). But Harry having his trainer/lawyer push other players under the bus, wine about how hard life is and ask for a trade - well, good riddance, one presumes.
Yep i'm done. Once a player asks for a trade publicly they are dead to me.

Why should that surprise anyone who has been watching what's been going on the last 2 years. The fans and the media have been more than vocal in wanting to see Harry out the door, so how would you expect him to feel.

But I think this is what IS going to happen. Bill will have a quiet talk with Harry, and explain to him that if he wants to leave then he should have the TC of a lifetime and add enough value so it would be worth the Pats to trade him. OR if if he show enough value the Pats will keep and use him. I would have Bill explain to him that if Cam's inaccuracy was an issue, this TC will set up well for him. Harry will get most of his reps with the 2nd group and most of those reps will be run by Mac Jones, a very very accurate QB. So this TC, if he is prepared, is all set up for him to show off VERY well and if he takes advantage of the opportunity it will be an important springboard for his career whether it is here on on another team.

Because the alternative is that he sleepwalk through camp and get cut. Right now his how hard he is willing to compete is going to be key to his future as a professional football player.

I remember in his rookie TC he was playing CB in GL offensive period and I was very impressed when he came up and stuffed a sweep. What I saw of him then was a kid who loved the game and was more than willing to do anything the coaches asked of him.

Personally I think that Harry has the same kind of skill set that has been used to great success by other NFL WR's He's not going to blow by anyone, but can win one on one battles with smaller CB's. Be strong over the middle and do well in yds after the catch. I don't see anyone else with the same skill set currently on the roster, so I'm hopping that he makes the roster if not as a starter but as a situational guy
This makes sense, but don't you think the agent heard the same message? And yet he tweeted.

And Harry wasn’t. Enter Agholor and Bourne.

So did Harry. He knows he sucks, doesn’t want to compete, and that’s why he’s asking for a trade.
Agholor replaces Byrd at that speed flanker position, Bourne provides depth in the slot now that Edelman retired... where are all the new WR's?

Meyers is considered our WR1 by most media members and PFF or the NFL declared he was a top 20 WR.

Gunner is an All Pro returner waiting his turn for receiving opportunities... hell, our best wide receivers might be the returning ones.

If Cam is the QB it won't really matter, they'll only throw the ball 12 times a game anyway.

I agree that Harry asking for a trade is weak sauce. If this team gets a real QB, a lot of these receivers will magically look a lot better.

yTfabrD.jpg

green - very good
yellow - good
orange - not so good
red - bust

certainly looks like a crap shoot

Not So Good
Antwaan Randle El (10-year vet, solid #3 receiver and great ST player, 1x all-pro, 5,000 career rec yards)
Emmanuel Sanders (2X pro bowl, 8,500 career receiving yards, 50 TDs)

Last edited:
Not So Good
Antwaan Randle El (10-year vet, solid #3 receiver and great ST player, 5,000 career rec yards)
Emmanuel Sanders (2X pro bowl, 8,500 career receiving yards, 50 TDs)
???

Receivers taken after Harry:

(36) Deebo Samuel
(51) A.J. Brown
(56) Mecole Hardman
(64) D.K. Metcalf
(76) Terry McLaurin

They overthought it by a lot. Just like Chad Jackson. 85% chance of hitting on a star receiver and we take the BUST out of the 6.

I'm betting that's what happened. Back in the late winter/early spring BB sent some feelers out trying to get a sense for Harry's market and after being offered rocks, he stood down.

BB told the agent/Harry if he could find a deal the team would accept, to go for it.
How would that work with regard to anti tampering rules seeing as how Harry is still under contract with the Pats?

Receivers taken after Harry:

(36) Deebo Samuel
(51) A.J. Brown
(56) Mecole Hardman
(64) D.K. Metcalf
(76) Terry McLaurin

They overthought it by a lot. Just like Chad Jackson. 85% chance of hitting on a star receiver and we take the BUST. Never let the current OC ever be involved in drafting ever again (Chad Jackson, NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson)

How would that work with regard to anti tampering rules seeing as how Harry is still under contract with the Pats?
Happens all the time. The key is the team needs to give permission to the player/agent to see a trade.

Recently Philly granted Ertz permission to seek a trade. That is not tampering

Agholor replaces Byrd at that speed flanker position, Bourne provides depth in the slot now that Edelman retired... where are all the new WR's?

The problem with this argument is that the flanker position doesn’t necessarily need to be a speedy receiver in this offense. The offense has used flankers (and split ends, for that matter) in the past that weren’t consistent vertical threats. Harry was drafted for this role, but he can’t cut it because he can’t separate. If he could, you wouldn’t see Agholor signed. The E-P makes use of shorter routes (particularly screens and slants) for the Z. The team clearly didn’t even think Harry was good enough to do that.

Meyers is considered our WR1 by most media members and PFF or the NFL declared he was a top 20 WR.

Yep. You’ll remember that he didn’t get as many snaps at the beginning of 2020 because Harry was getting those snaps. Harry proceeded to do… nothing of note, really… and Meyers emerged. Excellent decision by the coaching staff.

Gunner is an All Pro returner waiting his turn for receiving opportunities... hell, our best wide receivers might be the returning ones.

If Cam is the QB it won't really matter, they'll only throw the ball 12 times a game anyway.

I agree that Harry asking for a trade is weak sauce. If this team gets a real QB, a lot of these receivers will magically look a lot better.

That’s the hope. But it won’t be Harry because he won’t even be here. He was no lock to make the team by any stretch of the imagination. He knew that, which is why he’s asking for a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents