PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N’Keal Harry Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no trade market with the $2 million of guarantees Harry has coming to him this season and next. He would have been traded by now if there was a market. He’s not going to be claimed on waivers either.

I can’t believe the agent truly believes he’s going to coerce Bill Belichick to trade his player before Bill’s ready to do it with his silly little trade request. That’s delusional. I think today’s trade request is just staging for Harry’s inevitable release before training camp.

if there’s no trade market and he’s not making the team, it’s in the Patriots’ interest to give Harry the best opportunity possible to hook up with another team in hopes he makes it onto the roster and the offset would help the Pats recoup half of his 1.4 million 2021 guarantee.

Harry will be released within the week. The “trade request “ also builds a little publicity for the player to, perhaps, get other teams interested.

Sad given we had high hopes but reality suggests Harry will be lucky to be in the league post rookie contract so anything they can get, the Patriots should take. That said, I expect him to be cut, why would anyone bother given what he's put on tape?

Quite possibly the biggest draft bust in Belichick’s tenure, especially when you factor in all the talent picked after him. Good riddance.

LOL I still can’t believe some folks on this board spent two years twisting themselves into pretzels to try and convince everyone that Harry wasn’t a bust, when it was pretty clear from the start….

I was partially one of those posters but I never want to give up on a player until he's gone.

This is up there with the Chad Jackson pick.
Quick I need to sell my Harry auto rookie card.

Deja vu with the exact same OC too. Even weirder when you look at a reach 1st round pick at RB (Maroney, Michel) and two 3rd round TE picks 15 years ago and now (Thomas-Mills then Asiasi-Keene). But no Brady to bail everyone out this time.

Is there some total bust first round pick who could swapped for Harry, out of amusement? Did I see Josh Rosen just perk up?

what a totally bad fit. bb had some iffy drafts in cleveland but obviously has gotten better since.

It was a sign of where he was at mentally, and that was not a good place.

If the Pats had said, "Okay, we've got three shiny new WR (rookie) toys," do you think that would have made a difference?

Asking seriously - and I'll add, if it were me in that room the weeks before the 2019 draft, I'd have asked Brady which rookie WRs he wanted, in order, then drafted the highest available with picks 1 and 2. I also would have signed Brady to whatever and however long a contract he wanted way back when. He should never have left New England, and if that meant s a couple of bad years, so be it. "You want to play to 45, Tom? Okay, show me the numbers that gets it done...."

Yes, I would have done that. But then, I'm still traumatized by watching Orr limp around in a Blackhawks jersey.

But that's in the past and I'm still a fan of the team above any player.
Didn’t he skip the off-season program the season before?

2019 scouting report...

Weaknesses:
Lacks speed
Not twitchy
Not explosive
Not fast in and out of breaks
Won't separate from NFL corners with route-running

Yup the word is that BB and Caserio overruled the scouts with the Harry pick. They basically loved his 'interview' despite the scout WR ratings, cos what the hell do they know, right, it's only their job!

On the other hand Gronk fell asleep during his interview and is probably going to end up in the HOF when he finally hangs them up a couple years from now. :p

BB just can't pick the Wide Receivers. Only 2 long term home grown draft success stories in 20 years. Deion Branch in the 2nd of 2002 and Julian Edelman in the 7th round of 2009.

They had to release Berrios and Thomas, two players who would have made the roster most years.
Thomas was traded to the Jets to make room for AB which was a massive mistake. Why trade the only player that is familiar with the offense? Harry was already on IR. Gordon quit on the team a year earlier.
2019 scouting report...

Weaknesses:
Lacks speed
Not twitchy
Not explosive
Not fast in and out of breaks
Won't separate from NFL corners with route-running

His stock unfortunately gained steam when he matched as many reps on the bench press as Metcalf and ran around a 4.5 40 yard dash.

And as you first pointed out, they really liked his private work out.

They should see if they can trade him for a 2030 tenth rounder....hoping the draft expands. Or a bag of peanuts.

Let's just say, Patriots should NOT be allowed to select ANY WR's in the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th round in future NFL drafts....

:poop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey