PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My unexpected feelings about Newton.

Newton absolutely ****ing sucks at quarterback but by all accounts he's been an outstanding teammate and human being

he took more ownership than Brady ever sid

who cares if he looks like he walked out of most eisley cantina during his pressers

If anything, I am more conscious of my wardrobe....or lack thereof.....

I am a better person for being a Cam fan!

Newton absolutely ****ing sucks at quarterback but by all accounts he's been an outstanding teammate and human being

who cares if he looks like he walked out of most eisley cantina during his pressers
Took more ownership of what than Brady?

By all accounts Brady was an outstanding teammate and human being that could actually lead the team to wins.

I never can respect Cam as a person because he is a poor role model as a father, an early interview this year he had to be reminded he had 7 kids not 5. Cam came to work hard as a Patriot and left his current family home but do not think that is fair to a 2 year old son wondering why his daddy is missing.

I never can respect Cam as a person because he is a poor role model as a father, an early interview this year he had to be reminded he had 7 kids not 5. Cam came to work hard as a Patriot and left his current family home but do not think that is fair to a 2 year old son wondering why his daddy is missing.
The NBA and NHL both went into bubbles forcing players to leave their families. Do you hate those 1000+ players too....or just Cam?

The NBA and NHL both went into bubbles forcing players to leave their families. Do you hate those 1000+ players too....or just Cam?
Cam could have chosen to bring his family along the others had no choice. I said I could not respect Cam never mentioned anything about hate.

Why does that make Cam a poor father? With that logic Brady is worse. Millions of people and almost all professional athletes have to leave home to provide. It’s called sacrifice.

So in summary at this point Cam Newton is basically a poor man's Tim Tebow :excited:
Oh, no, not at all. Tebow adopts submissive clothing in order to build his brand. Cam is, from what I can tell, just being himself.

Cam dresses nice. Latest styles if you
keep up with fashion like me.

Kraft likes him.

Cam never complains about money.

The SuperMan dance never gets old.

Where you gonna find another QB who sticks up for Josh like Cam?

Cam, Darnold and Brisset is the winning combination for 2021.

Based on the "My Unexpected Feelings about Cam" title of the thread, I honestly expected to see a Tik Tok proclamation of love to Cam by the OP.

Hes been saying all the right things and hes a very likeable guy imo. No doubt about it. Just wish it would have translated to better performance, he’s still failing everywhere that he needed to improve
talking about Drew Bledsoe

I didn't want the Pats to sign Cam but when BB did I realized that most likely Stidham was not showing enough and BB had no other options.
He won me over right away in his first appearances. I really like the guy's quirky personality. My granddaughters want to see me adopt some of his outfits. Teens enjoy ridiculing their grandfather.
I especially love the fact that the players have embraced him as a leader.
Therefore, it's unexpectedly heartbreaking for me to see the guy I did not want initially, crater as our QB, given its effect on his team mates.

What exactly was Stidham supposed to show (after he shredded NE's #1 D last December in practice) during a pandemic? People keep saying he didn't show enough, but if you're doing Zoom meetings all summer and missed OTAs and mini camp, I am not sure what you can show. Isn't that sort of obvious? A vet QB was always a likelihood, it's just surprising it was Newton.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back