PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My take on Kraft’s statement at the ownership meetings.

Back in the real world, Parcells brought the culture, and the winning. And he never got along with Kraft. From the start.

Everyone (except me) was mesmerized by Bledsoe's passing stats. He's better than Eason, who also could throw a ball.

Going into the Bayou in '97, I felt we would only win if we got lucky. In retrospect, I think the Parcells sideshow didn't have any effect on anything. Parcells & Perkins clearly felt they could just call a typical game and the fourth year kid was up to the mark (those passing stats WERE good). I think it was a failure of scouting the Packers, and a failure to realize that Curtis Martin WAS up to the mark, and they had to ride him.

Interestingly, I'm surprised Belichick apparently wasn't any kind of factor. So Drew's a bit better than Hostetler, but he'd been an HC for five years. Guess he was too busy (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out how to stop Andre "Bad Moon" Rison.

Makes no sense that local media takes points off Parcells' silly candidacy for the team HOF because of what he did to 'undermine' the Patriots when with the Jets. HE WAS WITH ANOTHER TEAM. OF COURSE HE'S NOT DOING US ANY FAVORS (although, he did ultimately acquiesce, and let Bill come here in exchange for a pick. He should GET points for that!).

And, the 2001 Patriots do not smell the playoffs with Drew. Would be lucky to go 8-8.
Parcells... damn, I keep making him singular... anyway, Parcells was checked out, and if he wasn't, you can't convince me of it. If you've ever been around a guy who's given his 2 weeks notice and is leaving for what he's convinced is a better job you get that. Yeahno, Parcells wasn't all in in 97. Then that ******** about "I said I'd bring a championship to New England, and that's what I did." Yeah I was so stoked for the Tony Eason Memorial Consolation Trophy (I mean the Lamar Hunt Trophy.)

Granted, coaches don't win or lose the game when there's an appreciable gap in player talent.

And of course you didn't think NE had a prayer going into it in 97. No AFC team had won it since the Raiders in 84. The AFC and NFC for a while there were beginning to be considered different levels of play, like halfway to being the USFL. We were coming out of this rotation of Dallas-SanFran with GB sprinkled in almost making it... and with Washington and NYG sometimes swinging in and taking a couple with a few years between... it was an NFC boys club, and we were part of the Washington Generals to the NFC's Harlem Globetrotters.

You were processing all that at the same time. You really think it was impossible in 97? Well of course. Because 97's over. And beforehand, of course, because the AFC just didn't win super bowls. Then when GB went back the following year, wasn't Denver something like a 14-point dog?

Yeahbut they won it.

Remind you of anybody else? Hint hint 2002 hint hint.

Ok, offseason babbling. Gotta sit upright so my pills don't burn through my esophagus anyway.

So true, trolls will never let it go. We should just call them out for the crybaby @ssholes they are and leave it at that.
The idea that a fan of a team isn't allowed to criticize the HC or the owner is truly laughable. We're the ones paying the freight and have every right to be critical.

I heard that you've been out and about with another team...

Bill's not perfect. But I'll take him.
We have no choice do we? Same with the players. If Jack the Ripper was a RB for the Pats we'd be cheering him on because we're fans of the team. That doesn't mean that we don't have the right to complain that he butchered some women though. :)

The idea that a fan of a team isn't allowed to criticize the HC or the owner is truly laughable. We're the ones paying the freight and have every right to be critical.

Get back to me when you understand the difference between fans and trolls, as I never said anything about fans.

Get back to me when you understand the difference between fans and trolls, as I never said anything about fans.
In some cases the trolls call themselves fans, like you.

And stop your whining about Brady fans. It doesn't look good.

We have no choice do we? Same with the players. If Jack the Ripper was a RB for the Pats we'd be cheering him on because we're fans of the team. That doesn't mean that we don't have the right to complain that he butchered some women though. :)
What a weird and disturbing comparison.

But why would you want to?

In some cases the trolls call themselves fans, like you.

And stop your whining about Brady fans. It doesn't look good.

You are critical of the team on a regular basis, show where I have ever called you a troll?

I have no problem with Brady fans, he’s my favorite player of all time. What I have a problem with are the whiney little b.tches who have a forum to talk about Brady in, but are still dragging their crybaby bullsh.t into the main forum 3 years after he decided to leave town. And while I have never called you a troll you very much fit the latter description of the crybabies who can’t let it go, and can’t keep it in the forum Ian gave you to cry in.

Kraft is so desperate for a playoff win, he's even giving the '"we're all Patriots" line to Tatum.

I wonder if they had time to compare the best places on the road to get massages...
My peeps in the know tell me the young Celt studs have every base covered in house (condo/apt)....and one particular player is already a Tinder legend in Boston Proper.

I guess it was that big a blunder.
Brady wanted to leave, he wasn’t staying, period. That’s not “ a blunder, “ that’s reality. You just won’t accept it and apparently believe that it’s ok to come in here and b.tch and cry about it forever. And once again, Ian even created a forum for those disenchanted with Brady leaving to commiserate in, but that’s not good enough, you have to keep bringing it back into the present day forum, where people are focused up the current team and season, just to see if you can continue to spread your misery. So just become a Bucs fan, because you guys are clearly more invested in their fortunes than you are this team, and your endless desire to say “ I told you so,” except you never told us anything, as Brady was leaving no matter what they did, short of firing Belichick, which is obviously what you wanted to happen. That didn’t happen, Brady is long gone, so either go become a Bucs fan, or go root for the Chiefs, or Bill’s, or Rams, or some other front runner, because you clearly can’t handle a rebuild.

Glory seeking. Kraft had no business out there.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back