PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My pie in the Sky day 3 dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
This is just a dream I doubt it happens.

Resign HT
Pick up Eddie Lacy on a cheap deal
Get an offer sheet for Butler that we can pick either way
Trade Jimmy G for the No.1 overall

Then go draft Myles Garrett.

What is your dream situations Patsfans

I dont think there's a chance in hell of getting the #1 overall, but as long as we're dreaming, how about also Cleveland's #1 next year too. Then using that to draft Darnold or Rosen who are both rated much higher than any QB in this draft. Sit him on the bench for a few years before that guy turns into the second greatest player ever. :) It's almost 3 in the morning and I'm dreaming.

How about Latavius Murray. NFL.com says he's a younger L. Blount. I could live with that, or bring Blount back.

And Hightower, anything else is just bonus at this point.

This is just a dream I doubt it happens.

Resign HT
Pick up Eddie Lacy on a cheap deal
Get an offer sheet for Butler that we can pick either way
Trade Jimmy G for the No.1 overall

Then go draft Myles Garrett.

What is your dream situations Patsfans

Your dream is becoming more unrealistic with every sentence added. If it was a dream you would have woken up around the Jimmy for No1 part because your brain would have refused to process that as real.

More realistic than my previous post, I'm hoping to get the #12 pick and a second rounder from Cleveland. Use the #12 on the best available DE end like Barnett. Use the 2nd rounder on the best larger/every down running back and there are supposed to be some good ones in this draft. Re-sign Hightower, Blount and sign Mangold.

We would have a dominant running game with awesome blocking from an upgraded O line, tight ends, and a stud rookie running back plus Lewis, Blount, and White. Our receivers are awsome. On defense, we'll have the best defensive backfield in the league led by Butler, Gilmore, McCourty, etc. Our linebackers will be solid with Hightower back. Our DLine will have Brown, Valentine, Branch, Ealy, Nink, Flowers, and let's say Barnett.

And of course we have Brady. 19-0?

Hopefully they resign Hightower today, replacing him would be next to impossible.

I think they will wait on Blount, but I think he will be back eventually. I think Amendola might get traded or cut. Sad to see him go, he has been clutch and provides "Edelman insurance" in case he got hurt.

Jimmy is the wild card, does he get traded for picks? The way BB is trading away high draft picks, makes you think that he does.

Butler is on the books for only 4 million next year, why not keep him. Unless someone blows them away with a great offer.

If they keep him, you could say that the Pat's would have the best secondary in the league.

Dream scenario?

Re-sign HT.

Re-sign Blount for 1 year/$1.5M (then draft James Conner and/or Kareem Hunt).

Re-sign Floyd for 1 year at +/- $4M.

Re-sign Bolden for ST at $1.3M/yr (two years).

Sign someone like Connor Barwin at vet minimum for one year and draft another Trey Flowers in the 3rd or 4th.

Amendola retires, and the Pats draft Move-TE/H-back Jonnu Smith to help out in the slot with Cooks and (aging) Edelman.

Retain enough carryover cap space, after all is said and done, to franchise Jimmy G in 2018 without breaking the bank.

------

Not part of my "dream", but there's still a (slim) possibility that the Titans make an offer for Butler that BB won't match. The Titans have the need, the cap space, and TWO first round picks - the #5 and #18. They'd be giving the Pats the #18 which would then open up a significant number of other draft possibilities.

Resign Hightower

Sign Mike Gillislee, for FGB role and get younger.

Sign Mangold

Sign Butler (hopefully his agent wakes up) to extension

Trade Jimmy G for Cleveland #12 ans second this year and 2 #2's next year

If this happens before draft I am as happy as can be.

HT is #1. I say let's pass on RBs. From all accounts, the draft will offer RBs even where NE picks.

Screw a RB we could pass every play ala 2014 playoffs vs Ravens and Seahawks

Dream scenario?

Re-sign HT.

Re-sign Blount for 1 year/$1.5M (then draft James Conner and/or Kareem Hunt).

Re-sign Floyd for 1 year at +/- $4M.

Re-sign Bolden for ST at $1.3M/yr (two years).

Sign someone like Connor Barwin at vet minimum for one year and draft another Trey Flowers in the 3rd or 4th.

Amendola retires, and the Pats draft Move-TE/H-back Jonnu Smith to help out in the slot with Cooks and (aging) Edelman.

Retain enough carryover cap space, after all is said and done, to franchise Jimmy G in 2018 without breaking the bank.

------

Not part of my "dream", but there's still a (slim) possibility that the Titans make an offer for Butler that BB won't match. The Titans have the need, the cap space, and TWO first round picks - the #5 and #18. They'd be giving the Pats the #18 which would then open up a significant number of other draft possibilities.

The Titans would have to give the #5 if they signed Butler.

im going to predict if we move on from DA we sign Justin Hunter or Michael Floyd to a 2 year contract

How about Latavius Murray. NFL.com says he's a younger L. Blount. I could live with that, or bring Blount back.

And Hightower, anything else is just bonus at this point.

I wonder is blount's fumble in the SB sealed his fate here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing