PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most important FA - Flowers or Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flowers. And they sign both if Gronk leave.

They have money to lock both. Brady is playing 3/4 more years, cap is rising a lot, they can backload both deals, and they don't have a lot of premium FA next year (Thuney,KVN and Edelman). I don't know why ppl think they will let Flowers leave.

This is why I reluctantly pick Trent Brown. I don't want to take any chances with protecting the 42 YO GOAT. Let's see Wynn play for a year before giving him the job.

if they can swing it, tag brown wihch buys you a year without a longer commitment......or as others have mentioned, sign brown and either redo or dump cannon

They have money to lock both. Brady is playing 3/4 more years, cap is rising a lot, they can backload both deals, and they don't have a lot of premium FA next year (Thuney,KVN and Edelman). I don't know why ppl think they will let Flowers leave.

Only if he's Tagged at a whooping 17.5Mill I think and hope not.

Only if he's Tagged at a whooping 17.5Mill I think and hope not.

How much would you be happy to sign him? Because they can EASILY offer him 17m per and sign a few guys for top market money.

Flowers.

Trent Brown was a JAG in San Francisco, and now he’s a really good LT. Nate Solder was a really good LT in New England, and now he’s a JAG in New York. This has been a pattern you see a lot due to Brady and Scar. I think the Patriots offer Brown way less than people think...they have Wynn in the wings and Waddle is not total disaster plan B. They got what they wanted out of Brown, which was to get good LT play for a year on the cheap. Undoubtedly some team will come way, way over the top like with Solder and then be vastly disappointed.

What up ain't Trey Flowers a DT?? Yeah we Drafted him as a DT in this league Tag price is 13.9Mill.
How much would you be happy to sign him? Because they can EASILY offer him 17m per and sign a few guys for top market money.

We are talking about Trey Flowers here and not Von Miller or Khalil Mack...Flowers is not a 17Mill dollar player. Would really feel for the Team or GM who gave him that and be happy for Trey and his family at the same time. That said BB the GM ain't giving Flowers that!

What up ain't Trey Flowers a DT?? Yeah we Drafted him as a DT in this league Tag price is 13.9Mill.

We are talking about Trey Flowers here and not Von Miller or Khalil Mack...Flowers is not a 17Mill dollar player. Would really feel for the Team or GM who gave him that and be happy for Trey and his family at the same time. That said BB the GM ain't giving Flowers that!
No, he's a DE. only occasionally lines up inside

Flowers and not even close. For people who think $17mm is Mack territory and $12mm is his price, you need to look up some up to date salaries.

$12mm does not buy you an elite DE and that is what he is. He gets high teens from us or walks for even more.

Last edited:

Flowers and not even close. For people who think $17mm is Mack territory and $12mm is his price, you need to look up some up to date salaries.

$12mm does not buy you an elite DE and that is what he is. He get high teens from us or walks for even more.

Here's the best comparison I've found. Olivier Vernon to the Giants in 2016; Vernon and Flowers are/were similar in their physical build, age, versatility, and sack totals (not huge sack numbers.)

Olivier Vernon to sign $85 million deal with Giants

This was $85M over 5 years, or $17M annually. The cap has gone up since then. Vernon has been a massive misfit/bust for the Giants, but that probably won't impact the Flowers situation.

Correction: Opinions differ widely on Vernon. He made the pro bowl this season and is ranked fairly by PFF. Seems like a classic Giants move...believing if you pay someone top dollar, they’ll perform like a top dollar player.

Last edited:
Flowers

Flowers.

Trent Brown was a JAG in San Francisco, and now he’s a really good LT. Nate Solder was a really good LT in New England, and now he’s a JAG in New York. This has been a pattern you see a lot due to Brady and Scar. I think the Patriots offer Brown way less than people think...they have Wynn in the wings and Waddle is not total disaster plan B. They got what they wanted out of Brown, which was to get good LT play for a year on the cheap. Undoubtedly some team will come way, way over the top like with Solder and then be vastly disappointed.
Brown was widely regarded as one of the best lineman in the league lol. He definitely wasn’t a JAG

No, he wasn’t. He was considered to have high potential. He was traded along with a 5th for a 3rd. That equates to late round pick value. He started 2 games at left tackle with the 49ers. Do you have any evidence that supports what’s you wrote?

49ers made three moves last week; they all made the same point
A lot of people thought it was a freebie for the Jimmy trade and a steal for the Pats. Especially at pass blocking. He was viewed as one of the best in the league at that

I say Flowers is more important at this point.

Wynn was drafted with solid input IMO from Dante. That's enough for me.

Dump Cannon? $4,750,000 55-65 snaps per game
Dump Ebner? $2,200,000 10 snaps per game

Why would you dump your starting RT ? He is not overpaid being the #9 paid RT in the league.

Dumping Ebner might be even more absurd. He is a core ST player and impactful and pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes