PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana: Can't Call Brady Best Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel very sad about this. I really thought Montana was a bigger guy than this, he is being very petty and is no better than Manning ! What a tool, I have lost complete respect for him .

But Joe,

Brady has stated he idolized you 1000 times. He wanted to be you. His whole family wanted the 49'ers to draft him. Pretty good career? WTF! Trent Dilfer had a pretty good career.

Brady has the most impressive resume. He has the most clutch moments. He will have all the passing records when he retires. He benefits from elite coaching and system like all Pats players. And like Montana did. No need to try to beat confessions out of these people

He deflected the question plain and simple. He really belittled the question by saying Brady has had a good career.. what? He is salty.. no question.
th
th

Joe had an NFC title and Super Bowl appearance kind of taken away by the refs in '84; went through a nasty divorce and later got dumped (stupidly IMO) by the Niners, and he's entitled :) to his feelings. I think he's the second best QB ever. He's human, just like the rest of us.

In a conversation like this, how can we Bostonians not look like total homers?

I acknowledge that Jim Brown was the greatest running back ever, maybe the best football player ever. Does that help?

How 'bout this: Chicago really DID have the G.O.A.T. play for them. Yup.

He was with the Blackhawks in '77-'78.
Hey @Quantum, what'd I get wrong?

Last edited:
I wonder if Peyton Manning will call Brady the best ever.

Joe Montana be like...
0:50

I wonder if Peyton Manning will call Brady the best ever.

I doubt it.. at least not while Tom is still playing. Tom has always been much more complimentary to other players like Peyton and Montana.

Morrissey? Joe Montana is like Morrissey? Gee...that's too bad. How long has Joe had throat cancer?

Morrissey? Joe Montana is like Morrissey? Gee...that's too bad. How long has Joe had throat cancer?
In my mind, Brady passed Montana with #4, #5 widens the gap and killed the discussion forever. Further to the point, if the FO keeps up their good work, Brady's legacy isn't done.

Eli + the Giants fans/organization should be the biggest endorsers of the Pats being the GOAT.

Makes their two SB wins much more amazing in a historical context.

I'm expecting too much out of New Yorkers though.

I restricted the allusion strictly to the line at 0:50 in the song, although your TMZ-like knowledge of Morrisey's health concerns me.

By the end of next season Brady may have 80 more reg season wins than Montana and 11 or 12 more playoff wins.

It will be embarrassing to compare Montana to the GREAT TB12

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes