PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana: Can't Call Brady Best Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just saw that.

What a ****ing sour grape. Have some decency, the guy grew up worshiping you, you POS.

“You can’t compare guys from back then, to now” – yeah, no kidding jackass, you played in the no-cap era…. If anything, your success back then should be handicapped quite a few notches down in today’s cap space….

And he doesn’t forget to mention the suspension…. What a piece of ****.

The guy is a legit ****. A few of my co-workers, along with a bunch of clients from the bay area, bid on a luncheon with Montana…. Everyone showed up, except for…. Yes you guessed it….

Last edited:
Love the last paragraph:

"At that point in the interview, Montana’s wife interjected that Montana does call himself the greatest when they’re alone at home. Perhaps Montana is just putting on a modest face by declining to answer the question."

“I think that it’s really hard to put anyone in that bucket,” Montana said. “Even before he got five — you look back to some of the guys some people don’t even know, Sammy Baugh or Otto Graham, I can’t remember which one but one of them won like seven or nine championships and so far ahead of their time. It’s so hard to compare guys from then to now, how they would compare here and how we would compare back then.”

Perfectly legitimate argument, as long as he means it. It's why I've suggested people start talking about "Best in the Super Bowl era", which would get rid of the problem of dealing with the pre-film guys. Starr and Unitas would get screwed, but that's what asterisks are for. If you do that, you start with just 4 "locks" at the very top

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Young

instead of waiting until #9 before getting into any real discussion.

Are you surprised by his comment? Not me. Either way brady has more rings than him and has done it more impressively

I don't know Montana's personality, but I would expect him to be more humble about it. Put it this way, IF there is another QB in the future who gets 5-6 rings I would think Brady would call that person the [new] GOAT.

After his slimeball comments about Brady during Deflategate, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

It's clear Montana is a mental midget who can't fathom the fact that Brady is better than him and did it better in an era of parity.

Someone ask Joe how his accomplishments are more impressive when they were done in an era WITHOUT free agency.......I'll answer it for you, they're not.

Yeah, I just saw that.

What a ****ing sour grape. Have some decency, the guy grew up worshiping you, you POS.

“You can’t compare guys from back then, to now” – yeah, no kidding jackass, you played in the no-cap era…. If anything, your success back then should be handicapped quite a few notches down in today’s cap space….

And he doesn’t forget to mention the suspension…. What a piece of ****.

Did Montana go on to say that, in his day, he had to walk to school, uphill, both ways, in 2 feet of snow?

I wouldn't call Montana a passer. He was more of a dinker and a dunker. But he was Joe Cool under pressure just like Brady..

Perfectly legitimate argument, as long as he means it. It's why I've suggested people start talking about "Best in the Super Bowl era", which would get rid of the problem of dealing with the pre-film guys. Starr and Unitas would get screwed, but that's what asterisks are for. If you do that, you start with just 4 "locks" at the very top

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Young

instead of waiting until #9 before getting into any real discussion.

The argument is legitimate, and would be a slight against Brady, if Brady hadn't of won two of his Super Bowls while the "old rules" were being played. I think you can put Brady in any era and he would still be successful. Guys like Manning? Not so much.

I can see Montana 10 years from now wearing a straitjacket in a mental institution chanting "I'm the best. I'm the greatest. Nobody better than me. I'm the best. I'm the goat."
To be fair he didn't call himself the best.

Love the last paragraph:

"At that point in the interview, Montana’s wife interjected that Montana does call himself the greatest when they’re alone at home. Perhaps Montana is just putting on a modest face by declining to answer the question."

Ridiculous. I thought Montana was a humble guy. guess I was wrong.

Love the last paragraph:

What a ****ing *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes