PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana: Can't Call Brady Best Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Joe,

Brady has stated he idolized you 1000 times. He wanted to be you. His whole family wanted the 49'ers to draft him. Pretty good career? WTF! Trent Dilfer had a pretty good career.
I'm convinced Walsh and the Niners (albeit with almost everyone else) did not know Tom Brady existed in the draft.

How though? Local kid? Not that surprising I guess...Flutie made it all the way here and led the team to the brink of glory, and look what Berry still did to him.

By the end of next season Brady may have 80 more reg season wins than Montana and 11 or 12 more playoff wins.

It will be embarrassing to compare Montana to the GREAT TB12
We gotta do better than "great". Gretzky was great, but he still sucks compared to Orr.

Something Russell-like...the incomparable Tom Brady.

You most certainly will not hear anything like "I think TB is the greatest QB of all time" from the Mannings.. no chance. I don't really care either.

Exactly. Favre Tweeted out a congratulatory post to Brady when he won his 200th game. Have yet to hear from Manning about any of that stuff. Not a Tweet, not a shoutout, nada.

It is disappointing that an idol of mine can't be more generous with such a significant accomplishment just taken place. I have always deflected attention to others even when I know the significance of my efforts and it is a quality I have learned from good leaders. Some people are not secure enough to be be overly generous and let others argue their significance to the success of the effot. It is something you see Brady do all of the time and something that seems to be lost by some people.

I have had a difficult time letting go of Joe as the goat and it has only been the last few years where I have been able to make the shift to Brady but I now know I came to the right conclusion and part of that is Brady being the better man.

Clearly this is someone who has grown quite accustomed to being regarded as the greatest ever and is trying to find some way to hold onto such a title despite having such an obvious challenger.

While it is a bad look for him I'm not sure we wouldn't be doing the same if we were in his shoes.

Exactly. Favre Tweeted out a congratulatory post to Brady when he won his 200th game. Have yet to hear from Manning about any of that stuff. Not a Tweet, not a shoutout, nada.
Manning is forgotten.

There will be arguments to be made when his time to go into the HOF comes up and his place is secure. Many will proclaim him the best as they will highlight Manning's brilliant career but when Brady's record gets laid out when his time comes, there will be no doubt. As Heath Evans said a number of years ago and I was surprised at such a public declaration, "when Brady leaves the game, there will be no doubt as to who the best to ever strap them up was" (paraphrased).

Screw you Montana, much respect for what you did but to make the most stupid argument as to why Brady isn't was pretty sad to see.

He could have jokingly said 'no i'm still the greatest' and i would have had more respect for him but to go on a soliloquy about guys that he himself never even watched just to take shine from Brady was pathetic.

Poor Joe. Always considered the GOAT. Not so much anymore. He can't handle it.

Jesus ****ing Christ. Get over yourself, Chumpzilla.:rolleyes:

Even Darth ****ing Vader summoned enough Class to give it up to Luke. :rolleyes:

NHL All-Time Plus-Minus Leaders

1 B. 1951
CA_Flag.png
Larry Robinson D GP 1384 +/- 730
2 B. 1948
CA_Flag.png
Bobby Orr D GP 657 +/- 597
3 B. 1960
CA_Flag.png
Ray Bourque D GP 1612 +/- 528
4 B. 1961
CA_Flag.png
Wayne Gretzky F GP 1487 +/- 518
5 B. 1949
CA_Flag.png
Bobby Clarke F GP 1144 +/- 506

I think it's healthy to assume if you are lucky to be the GOAT, someone will eventually beat it. Walter Payton seemed to acknowledge that, but we wanted to make sure it would be very hard for anyone to rush for more career yards than him. Most of the QBs seem OK with giving Brady credit.

Montana can go *...... well, he must just go.

I saw this question raised on twitter a few days ago and it's an interesting point: Back when everyone was calling him the greatest of all time, did Montana ever say anything about different eras and Otto Graham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back