PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Montana: Can't Call Brady Best Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has brady called himself the GOAT in public or private? And I'm not saying montana doesn't have an argument - i'm saying he should humble about it.
You dont know what he has called himself in private. But you cant deny wants to be the best and be known as the best. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I was wondering when he'd chime in, and to my NOT surprise, this is his take. Now I'm waiting for Jerry to chime in with some ********... maybe how Edelman's catch wasn't that impressive because he didn't stick his route or something along those lines. For someone who used to love those guys...F*CK THEM!

Not a problem. Joe has his opinions and I respect them. Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint.
This topic is reminding me of ESPN, because there is a lot of manufactured controversy in this topic. It's like people are begging for reasons to be upset. If Joe is lacking humility, then so are many posters in this topic.

Joe Montana didn't call himself the best. He clearly said in the interview, "some people still maintain I'm the best, but I can't agree with that either, because of [you can't compare players across different eras]". If he tried to discredit Brady and say, "well, you know, the game is easier today, so I think my wins are more impressive", then I could see a reason to get upset, but he just stated a reasonable viewpoint.

Jerry Rice is an insufferable prick. Michael Jordan is an insufferable prick. Montana does not belong in that category. I can't believe people are getting upset about what he said. My god.

I also can't believe people are taking a joke that his wife said at the end and using it as an indictment on Montana's character. Good grief. Imagine all of the things you say off the record, tongue-in-cheek things you say to your friends and family.

So a guy should become delusional just because he's around his wife?

114.gif

Yeah, I just saw that.

What a ****ing sour grape. Have some decency, the guy grew up worshiping you, you POS.

“You can’t compare guys from back then, to now” – yeah, no kidding jackass, you played in the no-cap era…. If anything, your success back then should be handicapped quite a few notches down in today’s cap space….

And he doesn’t forget to mention the suspension…. What a piece of ****.

The guy is a legit ****. A few of my co-workers, along with a bunch of clients from the bay area, bid on a luncheon with Montana…. Everyone showed up, except for…. Yes you guessed it….
THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! I've never seen someone's idol be so f*cking cold toward the person idolizing him before. This is definitely a first. Jordan was competitive with Kobe, but he always have Kobe props, and that's amazing considering Jordan is an A- Hole by most accounts. I really don't like Joe Montana anymore. I regret buying his ******** Sega games. And if they ever make a football game named after Brady, it would be 5x better than any of his games. F this guy.

Last edited:
You dont know what he has called himself in private. But you cant deny wants to be the best and be known as the best. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, there is. In any human endeavor you can expect that a new generation will eventually surpass your achievements. We live for that and it propels us forward as a species.

On a micro level, good parents do what they can to support and push their kids to have a better life than they had. Good children recognize and appreciate that.

Joe Montana exposes himself as a sh^tty human being and probably a lousy parent, when he can't acknowledge what everyone else objectively sees – that 30 years later he has been succeeded. He should be gracious and happy, like Terry Bradshaw obviously is. Terry may be a little off the reservation, but he's a much better human being than Joe Montana is.

Besides, when Joe played there was even controversy as to whether he was the better QB on his own team! When has that been an issue for Brady?

Yeah, there is. In any human endeavor you can expect that a new generation will eventually surpass your achievements. We live for that and it propels us forward as a species.

On a micro level, good parents do what they can to support and push their kids to have a better life than they had. Good children recognize and appreciate that.

Joe Montana exposes himself as a sh^tty human being and probably a lousy parent, when he can't acknowledge what everyone else objectively sees – that 30 years later he has been succeeded. He should be gracious and happy, like Terry Bradshaw obviously is. Terry may be a little off the reservation, but he's a much better human being than Joe Montana is.

Besides, when Joe played there was even controversy as to whether he was the better QB on his own team! When has that been an issue for Brady?

I know it's Friday, but it's still too early to be drunk enough to make that post.

Holy armchair psychologist, batman.

Love Montana. Glad to have watched his awesome career.

That being said, he's coming off as kind of a female dog about this. Maybe he's bitter that BB owned his ass as defensive coordinator of the Giants.

Regards,
Chris

I know it's Friday, but it's still too early to be drunk enough to make that post.
You don't know what my week has been like!

After watching that embarrassing parade of crying ex-49ers cry last year, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, etc., does anyone give a flying crap anymore what those guys think? Growing up, some of my football heroes were Don Shula, Jerry Rice, etc. Now I just see them as salty old jealous losers. I can guarantee that these Patriots players - if they are ever surpassed - will be nothing but gracious.

Wanting it and expressing it to others are two different things.

Any man who's never called himself "the greatest" while alone with his wife/long-term GF has my deepest sympathies for his problem(s).

It's an insecure man that goes around in private telling his wife and family that he is the greatest. My husband has never said it. It should be the other way. The wife and the kids should be the ones telling their husband and father that he is the greatest.

That's OK, once I learned that his HOF receiver used stickum illegally throughout his career I figured he was just a jag.

Brady SB wins 5
Montana 4

Brady SB appearances 7
Montana 5

Brady SB MVP 4
Montana 3

Brady regular season win percentage: 78% (183-52)
Montana 71% (117-47)

Brady Playoff win percentage 73,5% (25-9)
Montana 69,5% (16-7)

Brady TD/Inc ratio 3
Montana 1.96

Brady career passer rating 97,2
Montana 92,3

Stick a fork in it. It's done. It's over.

It's an insecure man that goes around in private telling his wife and family that he is the greatest. My husband has never said it.

Nonsense.

Some of you people really need to watch the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News