PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we can't assume yet is there was a break. X-Ray picks up a break but not ligament/tendon/muscle damage.

Anything less than a lis franc, Achilles or Plantar Fasciitis is kinda-sorta good news.

Hopefully we'll have some clarity by the end of today.

I don't think you can get plantar fasciitis from football, can you? I've had it twice and it occured because of the shoes I was wearing...it's basically an inflammation on the bottom of your foot.

Not Achilles is good news. Hopefully just a short-term toe sprain. Want him back for Buffalo. No joke.. they have a good D line.

I guess we can't assume yet is there was a break. X-Ray picks up a break but not ligament/tendon/muscle damage.

Anything less than a lis franc, Achilles or Plantar Fasciitis is kinda-sorta good news.

Hopefully we'll have some clarity by the end of today.

Yeah lets hope there is no damage because if there is he would be out for a while. IF it's minor it will probably be a three week recovery time. Good thing we ain't playing the Iron of our schedule yet. Wynn is going to need that Big Toe to push off or set up in protections and run blocking.

I don't think you can get plantar fasciitis from football, can you? I've had it twice and it occured because of the shoes I was wearing...it's basically an inflammation on the bottom of your foot.
Not sure. Maybe he moved his foot/heel the wrong way?

To your point since they are looking at the toe (assume big toe) its not PF.

I've had it too but it was mild. Caught it early.

It's not the worst news (not anything season-ending), but it's not the best either. Turf toe can be a real pain in the butt to deal with, and I remember that Marcus Cannon got destroyed by Von Miller in 2015 because he was dealing with a turf toe. Let's hope for the best.

It's not the worst news (not anything season-ending), but it's not the best either. Turf toe can be a real pain in the butt to deal with, and I remember that Marcus Cannon got destroyed by Von Miller in 2015 because he was dealing with a turf toe. Let's hope for the best.
Cannon was hobbled but he was still messed up thanks to Googs. It wasn't until mid 2016 until Scar was able to fix him.

so the return wynndow is 3wks if its not serious

Turf toe can be rough, but this is still good news.

If it is turf toe I’m really hoping for a grade 1 strain. That can be worked out with rest, massage and therapy. Grade 2 would probably linger for entire season because its a partial tear of the tissue. Grade 3 would almost be season ending meaning total tear.

Well, that and the fact that Miller consistently jumped the snap count, looking like he was offsides on several plays. Even if he wasn’t, he was quicker to react than the rest of the line in general and that itself put a huge strain on Cannon.

I think wynn will be fine........the new guys needed playing time and what better team to do that against than the dolphins.......the new guys have to have their training camp on the fly.......I am not worried

How long would he need to sit out if it is turf toe for it to fully heal?

I would rather they be right for the playoffs. If need be we could IR-DTR him.

The game was already over by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I think it's a no-brainer the team decided to declare Wynn out for the rest of the game. We can only wait for more information.

The announcement that Wynn was out came before the half.. Just saying..

doesn't sound good. Turf toe with possible ligament damage.

Patriots need to be active on the OT market and should not be shy to overpay for a good OT if the cap room allows it.

Not sure. Maybe he moved his foot/heel the wrong way?

To your point since they are looking at the toe (assume big toe) its not PF.

I've had it too but it was mild. Caught it early.

PF is incredibly painful, especially when you get out of bed in the morning

Sure you can, its
Inflammation of the facial which is a connective tissue. I took a@p 40 ago,so I don't remember what. I'm also typing this on a cell phone bouncing around in the back of a car do I want to keep it brief

S

PF is incredibly painful, especially when you get out of bed in the morning
Yea I remember it hurting like a ***** in the am. For I think two months, I needed to basically use a hot compress on it and take a rolling pin to my foot every am to loosen it up.

The announcement that Wynn was out came before the half.. Just saying..
He left the game late in the 1st quarter and when the TV crew came back from halftime, on the TV broadcast that I re-watched last night, their sideline reporter said he was still questionable to return. It was late in the 3rd quarter that they said he was out.

doesn't sound good. Turf toe with possible ligament damage.

Patriots need to be active on the OT market and should not be shy to overpay for a good OT if the cap room allows it.
No injury is good of course, but in the context of Achilles, PF, fracture, etc., this is good news. Will return but might miss some time during the soft part of the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back