PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Ciao says that it depends on which toe, if the left toe, then he can play RT, if the right toe, then he's f*^cked.

I'll take turf toe. He can be out a month, the schedule pretty much allows for it. As long as it's not super severe, that should allow him to have adequate healing time.

What article? Who wrote it? Felger???

I don't care what the article says. You have a 42 year old QB who is receiving lollypops from his center when in the shotgun.

Sometimes it's common sense. LT is important.

I've read that TB gets the ball out an average of 2.09 seconds after the snap. I think even an average LT can jam up even the most elite pass rushers for 2.09 seconds.

What article? Who wrote it? Felger???

I don't care what the article says. You have a 42 year old QB who is receiving lollypops from his center when in the shotgun.

Sometimes it's common sense. LT is important.

I don't think anyone is arguing that tackles are unimportant, but the fact that so many plays are run from the gun nowadays makes the concept of "blindside protection" less meaningful. For what it's worth, the Patriots themselves seem to understand this. Pretty sure Scar made a comment to that effect in the last couple years, and there was never any attempt to move Cannon from the right side.

As usual very silent. Hopefully we get good news either way he will miss some games.

I've read that TB gets the ball out an average of 2.09 seconds after the snap. I think even an average LT can jam up even the most elite pass rushers for 2.09 seconds.

I do agree in theory, it's no coincidence that Brady's last two left tackles have become the highest paid linemen in the league. He'll make any half decent LT look good when basically all they have to do is kinda get in the way a little on passing plays.

But that said, I do have to believe there's a sort of threshold that, if we dip past it, **** could get real ugly to the point that even Brady might be affected. All it takes is one bad hit, after all/

As usual very silent. Hopefully we get good news either way he will miss some games.
It is but typically we'll hear if there has been a disaster so I guess no news is good news.

I don't think anyone is arguing that tackles are unimportant, but the fact that so many plays are run from the gun nowadays makes the concept of "blindside protection" less meaningful. For what it's worth, the Patriots themselves seem to understand this. Pretty sure Scar made a comment to that effect in the last couple years, and there was never any attempt to move Cannon from the right side.

And no one is arguing that LT is the second most important position as the article needlessly points out.

Starting a left tackle who was released a few days ago is a huge problem in any era.

What's the point of linking an article whose main point is LTs are overpaid?

That will help a lot when your 42 year old QB faces a strong defensive line.

I don't think anyone is arguing that tackles are unimportant, but the fact that so many plays are run from the gun nowadays makes the concept of "blindside protection" less meaningful.

Correct.

I do agree in theory, it's no coincidence that Brady's last two left tackles have become the highest paid linemen in the league. He'll make any half decent LT look good when basically all they have to do is kinda get in the way a little on passing plays.

But that said, I do have to believe there's a sort of threshold that, if we dip past it, **** could get real ugly to the point that even Brady might be affected. All it takes is one bad hit, after all/

I'm an out of shape, middle-aged man and I'm pretty sure that I could stand in Joey Bosa's way for 2.09 seconds all night.

Patriots will need to somehow get through this. Trent Williams isn't walking through that door. He would've already been here.

1y rental:
While the 1y rental trade seems unlikely giving the reason for his holdout (but not impossible if he sees value in playing better half of the season on gtd money for champions) . trading for him closer to mid-season deadline would actually make more sense since “only“ about 5M of his salary would remain for NE to cover.. the bigger problem here is draft price vs half season of services..

Full contract:
idk if BB would want to make him the highest paid OT . but it would be less shocking to me than reports about trying to keep an average OT like Solder for close to that money in similar cap situation and actually better OT situation..

1y rental:
While the 1y rental trade seems unlikely giving the reason for his holdout (but not impossible if he sees value in playing better half of the season on gtd money for champions) . trading for him closer to mid-season deadline would actually make more sense since “only“ about 5M of his salary would remain for NE to cover.. the bigger problem here is draft price vs half season of services..

Full contract:
idk if BB would want to make him the highest paid OT . but it would be less shocking to me than reports about trying to keep an average OT like Solder for close to that money in similar cap situation and actually better OT situation..

If Wynn is injured for any length of time, it would make sense to kick the tires on a good LT.

I do remember Cannon being tried on the left side, and him not performing well. Unfortunately I can't remember when that was or if he even made it to the regular season.

I think it was the old guard Kevin Gogan who once said it was actually an extremely difficult transition moving between right and left guard, not as simple as one might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3