PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Monday Night Football Week 5: Bakers vs Jimmies

Guys, its only the end of the first quarter....no need to write off Mayfield and Kitchens.....just yet.

True but I think their D is elite. The Browns will be hard pressed to put up 20 points without help. That being the case if the 49ers just don't self destruct or give up some bad turnovers they have a good chance to win.

Last edited:
If Beckham Jr scores a TD Tessitore may have an in accident his trousers

Browns will definitely challenge use on defense, but Mayfield is in the Josh Allen territory.

At this point Mayfield looks like a small, unathletic Allen. Browns would be better right now if Allen was their QB.

14-0 any way. From a Pats perspective this is what we wan

I really don't fear the Browns at all. No way they'll be able to move the ball on us. Will dominate the LOS so thoroughly that it won't matter who their receivers are, since Baker can't escape pressure anyway. Only thing I kinda fear defensively is that Chubb is a threat to take it to the house on every carry no matter how bad the OL is getting beat. But Kitchens is weirdly resistant to leaning on the one part of his offense that actually works, so that might not even be an issue.

Last edited:
At this point Mayfield looks like a small, unathletic Allen. Browns would be better right now if Allen was their QB.
I hear you but I think Baker has more potential

Rub-a-dub-dub, a pick and a Chubb,
A Booger, a Baker, a Candlestick haymaker!

Last edited:
49ers DL is impressive.
It'd better be, for all the resources they've invested into it. 2nd overall pick, 3rd overall pick, 7th overall pick, 17th overall pick, and a guy they just guaranteed $87M to.

Last edited:
Browns are missing Ward and Greedy Williams out there though.

Why in Green Bay? Never understood why you don’t put the under dog division game at home.

How bad is Balitmore if these Browns went into their place and manhandled them

I hear you but I think Baker has more potential

I think Allen has a higher hypothetical ceiling, but before this season at least I would've said Mayfield has a higher ceiling for realistic expectation.

Really not sure what to make of Mayfield right now, because the guy was the #1 pick for a reason and looked good last year. But he's just looked so bad this year that I can't help but wonder if he's been figured out, or if Kitchens is just too incompetent to run an effective offense.

I just wanted to make the following observation on the title of this thread....

It blows my mind how, like, absolutely nobody south or west of Hartford has the first bleeping clue what "jimmies" are.

Every single Brown tries to hard hit on the tackle... very rarely I see players outside the DL trying to wrap players, or even using their arms properly really

Its like that guy that always hit stick on madden.

but what about dreamy Jimmy?
can I get a whining sobfest yearning for JimmyG to come back?...please???
Nothing beats the lovesick Brissett rump swabs on this board. Makes me wanna puke.

I may be alone, but Jimmy G does not impress me.

Nothing beats the lovesick Brissett rump swabs on this board. Makes me wanna puke.

What's wrong with continuing to like former Patriots after they're traded?

I wish I would have been in on the board meeting the execs had when they decided Booger was a good choice for their only weekly broadcast.

There are literally tens of thousands of individuals who have been in / around the game. Yet Booger is the choice ?

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back