PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football Debacle: Phins at Jests

I know it's unfair but the NFL should really start to go Iron Hand when it comes to prime time. Sorry but everyone knew this was going to be a disgrace of a game. If it's a business, games like this doesn't help to bring new customers. Even the Jets fans probably were not interested in watching this game.

Until they show signs of improvement blacklist them, it's a nightmare watch the Jets, Raiders, Jaguars, Titans. It used to be with the Browns, it's not anymore, things change fast. After 50% of the season is complete prime time games should only bring teams still in the hunt.

Lots of good news for the Pats from last night's "game."

1) The Dolphins had to struggle to beat the Jets.
2) The Jets couldn't beat the Dolphins on their home turf on Monday night.
3) The Jets are committed to finishing the season with Geno "Pick-em" Smith.

Makes me feel a little better about two of our remaining four games.

Lots of good news for the Pats from last night's "game."

1) The Dolphins had to struggle to beat the Jets.
2) The Jets couldn't beat the Dolphins on their home turf on Monday night.
3) The Jets are committed to finishing the season with Geno "Pick-em" Smith.

Makes me feel a little better about two of our remaining four games.

I guess I sort of agree, but if Miami beats the Ravens and we lose to Chargers then the Miami game becomes essentially a playoff game. Buffalo is done with DEN, GB and us coming up but Miami has an easy schedule to close other than the game up here. Win in NE and they could go 11-5, and then we could be fighting for a wild card spot.

Buffalo beats Denver I think. I think Pats beat SD.

Ravens/ Dolphins...I'm not sure.

Steel-heads actually are teh most worrisome team int he playoffs I think.

Denver will win out. If we win out, we're okay. If not...well, I don't want to go play in Denver.

People are dismissing the Donkeys because we smacked them in Foxboro and then they laid an egg in St. Louis and got a couple of injuries. Injuries heal and that team is still very good - don't sleep on them.

I guess I sort of agree, but if Miami beats the Ravens and we lose to Chargers then the Miami game becomes essentially a playoff game. Buffalo is done with DEN, GB and us coming up but Miami has an easy schedule to close other than the game up here. Win in NE and they could go 11-5, and then we could be fighting for a wild card spot.
Yep. I didn't want to say all that and put the jinx on our guys, but that was my thought process and why I was so glad to see Miami struggling against the Jets last night. That said, I think the Pats win a tough game in SD on Sunday, however.

Put it this way, I'm very glad that we're playing Miami in Foxboro, where they have a hell of a time winning in the December cold. I'm always glad when we get the trip to South Florida out of the way early in the season!

Well, I tend to be a worrier. I worry less about this team than any other since 2004 (including the 2007 team, I made some unfortunately ominous predictions after the week 17 game against the Giants) but Miami worries me. I know just barely beating the Jets is not exactly world beating, but we have had many wins like that during seasons where we made deep playoff runs. Ideally we beat the Chargers and they lose to Ravens and they start thinking "here we go again" but if we lose and they win they are going to be fired up coming into Foxboro...

The Jets closed that game with exactly the kind of killer instinct that you'd expect. Defeat from the jaws of victory. It's honestly remarkable how little faith they have in Geno to make even simple throws to these receivers that they went out and paid handsomely for.

Thank the football gods that cretin* GM Idzik decided NOT to re-sign Revis.
We are blessed.

Since Rex is gone, is it too much to ask that Woody keeps Idzik and lets this clown pick his own HC?
You KNOW that top HC talent won't accept being 2nd banana to The Bozo.

* My apologies to the fine people of Crete before the Perpetually Offended here chime in.

Thank the football gods that cretin* GM Idzik decided NOT to re-sign Revis.

* My apologies to the fine people of Crete before the Perpetually Offended here chime in.

"late 18th century: from French crétin, from Swiss French crestin ‘Christian’ (from LatinChristianus ), here used to mean ‘human being,’ apparently as a reminder that, though deformed, cretins were human and not beasts."
Looks like you may be offending a few more people than you imagined ...

="MNF, post: 4007862, member: 3171

So let me get this straight. You used to pick up lunch for bands in the 70's in NY. You never saw Bruce so therefore he's a fraud. That's some sound logic - got it chief............Your nurse is calling - time for your meds.

No...but I picked your Mom up for lunch so many times I lost count. That's why you have three sisters today.YOUR nurse just called...she says there's no meds for a mongoloid with a fork stuck in his forebrain.Sounds like your road just took a turn for the worse. Nebraska maybe?

I kind of like how Ryan and MM said an f-u to Idzik by not letting Geno throw the ball last night

No...but I picked your Mom up for lunch so many times I lost count. That's why you have three sisters today.YOUR nurse just called...she says there's no meds for a mongoloid with a fork stuck in his forebrain.Sounds like your road just took a turn for the worse. Nebraska maybe?

Nice. Reverting to mom jokes. This got so personal for you that you had to attach family members and couldn't keep it between us........You're clearly a winner.

Anyway, I'm just flattered you take the time out of your busy day to respond to my posts. I mean between naps, physiotherapy, doctor appointments and all you old man ailments you manage to find time.

wow...an ageist bigot...congrats, fanboy. Go to any lengths to defend your "Boss". We realize there's a warped cult of 'Steenists patrolling message boards across the web for any sign of a slight but you really take this idolatry to a new level. Perhaps a REAL rock icon, ROCK MUSIC icon, can explain how 99% of the musicians in this country feel about your "Boss!"...

Interview with Keith Richards....

BRUCEYBOY.jpg

the rock music audience responds...

6875245996_ffa015c19c.jpg

wow...an ageist bigot...congrats, fanboy. Go to any lengths to defend your "Boss". We realize there's a warped cult of 'Steenists patrolling message boards across the web for any sign of a slight but you really take this idolatry to a new level. Perhaps a REAL rock icon, ROCK MUSIC icon, can explain how 99% of the musicians in this country feel about your "Boss!"...

Interview with Keith Richards....

OK........let's take this back to the beginning. After you posted about Bruce, I responded with a short response on my opinion on his place in history. You decided to be classless and follow up with an insult..........I came back at you. It's not my fault you provided me with enough information to rip into you........You decided to take this to a new classless low by attacking other family members with generic insults. To make it clear, I didn't attack your age because you're older I attacked your age because you're an older idiot.

I'm sure you appreciate the summary. I mean dimentia sneaks up on you and it gets hard to remember what happened yesterday......Although, you do remember your lunch runs from the 70s so that's a real positive.

Keith Richards doesn't like Bruce along with a few posts. LOL.....you're joking right? This is your proof of Bruce's lack of influence on the music industry? You lack any common sense because even if you did another google search and found someone else having negative comments about the Boss it can't take away the ultimate proof.....which is Bruce has inspired/influenced an endless number of prominent artists over the last 30+ years. From U2 to Pearl Jam to Mumford and Sons and so on. This by definition makes him a great musician. You are fighting a winless battle because you can't deny Bruce's impact on music history whether you like him or not. To sum it up, Rolling Stone magazine has Bruce as one of the top 25 most influential artists.

Thank you for the hysterics, Mrs. Springsteen....now back to our regularly scheduled program "Bruce vs. the Bee Gees...Sellout On Main Street"...:eek:

LOL. Can I have some more popcorn? :p

In all seriousness, music is always (other than religion and politics) the one thing guaranteed to start a flame war on the net. I've always thought that it is because music is the most emotional of all mediums, and thus most directly personal to most people (which I guess you could say the same thing about religion and politics). I've seen flame wars about music acts that makes this one between Joker and MNF seem like a cute little picnic.

For the record, I liked Bruce alot more when I was younger, but not nearly so much anymore. There's alot of people who grew up outside the Northeast who don't "get" Bruce Springsteen, and over time I can sort of see why. I had a friend when I lived in Southern California--a stuffy Mormon Republican Westerner who hated anything made after 1953--who was always lambasting Bruce Springsteen as an emperor with no clothes--and I hated to admit I think he was right to some degree after I moved back here. He inspires so much passion and devotion in his fans because of the mythology he's created in his music--whether it's sincere or phony is not something I'm going to try to get into here--but musically, I've concluded, he's not all that creative or dynamic. And the mythology stuff I just couldn't relate to anymore, for a variety of reasons. So that left the music. Some of his old songs like "Badlands" still hold up great, but others like "Glory Days" seem so cliched and dated at this point.

I'll let you two (U2?) finish this Patriot Place Freeze Out!

OK........let's take this back to the beginning. After you posted about Bruce, I responded with a short response on my opinion on his place in history. You decided to be classless and follow up with an insult..........I came back at you. It's not my fault you provided me with enough information to rip into you........You decided to take this to a new classless low by attacking other family members with generic insults. To make it clear, I didn't attack your age because you're older I attacked your age because you're an older idiot.

I'm sure you appreciate the summary. I mean dimentia sneaks up on you and it gets hard to remember what happened yesterday......Although, you do remember your lunch runs from the 70s so that's a real positive.

Keith Richards doesn't like Bruce along with a few posts. LOL.....you're joking right? This is your proof of Bruce's lack of influence on the music industry? You lack any common sense because even if you did another google search and found someone else having negative comments about the Boss it can't take away the ultimate proof.....which is Bruce has inspired/influenced an endless number of prominent artists over the last 30+ years. From U2 to Pearl Jam to Mumford and Sons and so on. This by definition makes him a great musician. You are fighting a winless battle because you can't deny Bruce's impact on music history whether you like him or not. To sum it up, Rolling Stone magazine has Bruce as one of the top 25 most influential artists.

None of that means that Springsteen saved rock, pop, country, rap, women's hosiery or the designated hitter. The initial claim was idiotic.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back