PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football Colts Saints Brees Stat pad fest game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, in SB51, I think Saints fans were happier about the Falcons losing than we were about the Patriots winning. :)
2nd greatest day in franchise history

Okay, sounds good. I’m glad at the very least Brees got the last laugh after Manning stole his MVP in 09. Oh wait, he also got the last laugh in the SB that year too. I guess Manning didn’t get the last laugh with anything...so that’s nice.
yeah sucked he got MVP Brees had that

yeah but you can't blame us for that, still if Pats were playing anyone else we still supported Pats year after year, I could say you only supported us because it was the colts lol

On a related note: I am so sorry SB53 wasn't NO/NE in ATL.

The memes would have been glorious.

My son lost by .14 points in his fantasy football semi final on the last run before they started kneeling down when Leonard was awarded with a phantom solo tackle.

Ouch.

Okay, sounds good. I’m glad at the very least Brees got the last laugh after Manning stole his MVP in 09. Oh wait, he also got the last laugh in the SB that year too. I guess Manning didn’t get the last laugh with anything...so that’s nice.
lol yeah we would like to see a lot of tweets from manning congratulating Brees that he never wanted to send. We know PM pretty well down here, nice kid but arrogent

On a related note: I am so sorry SB53 wasn't NO/NE in ATL.

The memes would have been glorious.
would have been a good game man, even had my saints jersey with #12 and Brady on the back for respect. We want to play you because we respect you. well see if Goodell and the refs let us in this year lol

durrrr because that’s the point I was making

People who love football and can appreciate when someone achieves some kind of major milestone

Brady will achieve that milestone (passing Manning) sooner or later, and Brees is running an offense that's scoring TDs through the air at a much greater clip than the Patriots, so any "First!" would have been short-lived and pretty meaningless.

So you really weren't making any point. Thus "who gives a ****?".

Just regular. Brady has 31 more total than Manning counting both.​
So Brady has about 70 more TDs than Brees in the NFL. Not sure what all the celebrating is about but whatever, good show.

So Brady has about 70 more TDs than Brees in the NFL. Not sure what all the celebrating is about but whatever, good show.

It's a team sport so it's only fair for records like the TD leader to not effectively punish the QB for things they can't control like awful STs and Defense so they stick to regular season stats only.

The sour grapes about Brees almost certainly being the one to retire holding that record is a bad look.

It's ok for other teams and players to have nice things and be good too. We've hoisted 6 ****ing trophies in 19 years man, it's highly unlikely any fan will ever enjoy anything like that again.

It's a team sport so it's only fair for records like the TD leader to not effectively punish the QB for things they can't control like awful STs and Defense so they stick to regular season stats only.

The sour grapes about Brees almost certainly being the one to retire holding that record is a bad look.

It's ok for other teams and players to have nice things and be good too. We've hoisted 6 ****ing trophies in 19 years man, it's highly unlikely any fan will ever enjoy anything like that again.
Taysom Hill will be the next NO QB, mark my words

Brady will achieve that milestone (passing Manning) sooner or later, and Brees is running an offense that's scoring TDs through the air at a much greater clip than the Patriots, so any "First!" would have been short-lived and pretty meaningless.

So you really weren't making any point. Thus "who gives a ****?".

I wasn’t aware it was considered a milestone to be second place. Which Brady will be if he passes Manning.

The point, which you seem to be struggling with is Brady seems to have had a pretty limited window to hold that record. The way the saints are playing, it appears as though any chance Brady might have had to ever hold the record could be gone.

Probably. Yet they won the toss and Brees threw a pick and the year was over.
People focus on the blown call and ignore the fact that the saints blew a 13-0 lead and multiple other chances to close that game out

What a clown show this is.

You all have the QB universally regarded as the best of all time and more championships than anybody, but you're still so insecure you just can't stand somebody else's player getting some love on MNF.

This is embarrassing for ya'll, seriously.
It makes us look bad to other forums.

Im happy for Brees.

I wasn’t aware it was considered a milestone to be second place. Which Brady will be if he passes Manning.

The point, which you seem to be struggling with is Brady seems to have had a pretty limited window to hold that record. The way the saints are playing, it appears as though any chance Brady might have had to ever hold the record could be gone.

I'm not struggling with the point. You're struggling with the reality that your point is of no value. Whether Brady finishes his career at #1 all-time passing TD leader, or #2, might have meaning to some people. But whether or not he held that #1 spot for a couple of hours in December of 2019 is never going to be of any real import.

People focus on the blown call and ignore the fact that the saints blew a 13-0 lead and multiple other chances to close that game out

None of the other stuff would have mattered if the correct call had been made. The idea that teams should have to win games multiple times is an absurdity.

I'm not struggling with the point. You're struggling with the reality that your point is of no value. Whether Brady finishes his career at #1 all-time passing TD leader, or #2, might have meaning to some people. But whether or not he held that #1 spot for a couple of hours in December of 2019 is never going to be of any real import.

my bad

I forgot you were in charge of what has value and matters

my bad

I forgot you were in charge of what has value and matters

Man...please, stop. I'm agreeing with Deus and I hate when that happens.

None of the other stuff would have mattered if the correct call had been made. The idea that teams should have to win games multiple times is an absurdity.
And the blown call wouldnt have mattered if the saints didnt choke away a 13 point lead and implode in overtime after winning the coin toss.

we can play this game both ways if you want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back