PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday Night Football Colts Saints Brees Stat pad fest game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a clown show this is.

You all have the QB universally regarded as the best of all time and more championships than anybody, but you're still so insecure you just can't stand somebody else's player getting some love on MNF.

This is embarrassing for ya'll, seriously.

This place has gotten ridiculous about such things in recent years. Brees is a hell of a QB. Good win for the Saints. No reason for anyone to be running that down.

Man...please, stop. I'm agreeing with Deus and I hate when that happens.

Why?

It would have been cool for Brady to hold that record. Now he probably never will. Which is fine, but still would have been neat to see.

This place has gotten ridiculous about such things in recent years. Brees is a hell of a QB. Good win for the Saints. No reason for anyone to be running that down.
100% agree.

Brees deserves his moment and I hope Brady gets his soon for same record.

And the blown call wouldnt have mattered if the saints didnt choke away a 13 point lead and implode in overtime after winning the coin toss.

we can play this game both ways if you want to

No, we can't. I'm talking about a non-player happening screwing up the game. That's a sensible position. No team should lose a game because of a blatantly blown call by officials.

You're trying to pull a bunch of nonsense out of your ass in order to pretend that the Saints someone failed because they didn't overcome something that they shouldn't have had to overcome. That's just nonsense.

And the blown call wouldnt have mattered if the saints didnt choke away a 13 point lead and implode in overtime after winning the coin toss.

we can play this game both ways if you want to

Yeah but two weeks ago we were up in arms about equally bad calls that cost us a game against the Chiefs.

Were there other areas we could have played better and still won? Yeah. Would we have won if any of those calls had been made correctly? Probably. Same for New Orleans.

Why?

It would have been cool for Brady to hold that record. Now he probably never will. Which is fine, but still would have been neat to see.
Brady "could" hold record next week... Brees is like 2-3 ahead. Not 50.

Why?

He'd have held the record for about 24 hours, and everyone would have known that it wasn't going to hold up for any period of time. We're not talking about a unique record like single came comp % being impressively one-upped the next day. We're talking about a durational achievement being held for but a fleeting moment in time.

Yeah but two weeks ago we were up in arms about equally bad calls that cost us a game against the Chiefs.

Were there other areas we could have played better and still won? Yeah. Would we have won if any of those calls had been made correctly? Probably. Same for New Orleans.
1 of the worst calls in NFL history cost Brady, oh sorry Brees a chance for a SB. That's a bad thing when you play 16 games and bust your ass all day

Why?

It would have, I agree, but I always think back to his TD record that Peyton broke in 2015 which ultimately made the single season TD record for Brady in 2007 feel meaningless. It's highly doubtful that had he ever held the TD record that Brees wouldn't have overtaken him. Brees is playing better (hurts to admit) and has a better cast of receivers. Short of a surprise retirement Brees would have gotten it next season at the latest.

So unless you think Brady has a chance of getting healthy and our offense has a chance of getting on track before he retires then what does it matter?

I mean man I'd love it if Brady sticks around for 2-3 more seasons and Brees retires to deal with the birth mark on his face and Brady gets the record but ultimately I'm really ok with Brees having the TD record because I wouldn't trade what Brady has given us for what Brees has given NO fans.

Brady "could" hold record next week... Brees is like 2-3 ahead. Not 50.

the way this offense has looked it might as well be 50

He'd have held the record for about 24 hours, and everyone would have known that it wasn't going to hold up for any period of time. We're not talking about a unique record like single came comp % being impressively one-upped the next day. We're talking about a durational achievement being held for but a fleeting moment in time.

and for that one moment it would have been cool for Brady to hold the record

Theres no “we” there, dont include me in that. The refs were terrible in the chiefs game but we lost because our offense blows and couldnt punch the ball in the endzone during crucial spots. That loss was on us, not the refs

edit: i also have no idea why those unicorns are there but idk how to delete them so enjoy i guess

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-17_0-51-9.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-17_0-51-9.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2019-12-17_0-51-9.png
    upload_2019-12-17_0-51-9.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 2
Theres no “we” there, dont include me in that. The refs were terrible in the chiefs game but we lost because our offense blows and couldnt punch the ball in the endzone during crucial spots. That loss was on us, not the refs

edit: i also have no idea why those unicorns are there but idk how to delete them so enjoy i guess
Random, but I don't blame refs for Chiefs loss. I seem to remember a similar bad fumble call against Jaguars in an afccg..

Fair enough, at least you’re consistent!

No, we can't. I'm talking about a non-player happening screwing up the game. That's a sensible position. No team should lose a game because of a blatantly blown call by officials.

You're trying to pull a bunch of nonsense out of your ass in order to pretend that the Saints someone failed because they didn't overcome something that they shouldn't have had to overcome. That's just nonsense.
Im not pulling anything out of anywhere. The refs suck, thank you captain obvious. But when you are up 13-0 in a game at home, and end up losing 26-23, that loss is every bit as much on you as it is on the refs.

the saints had every opportunity to put that game away and they didnt do enough. The fact that it came down to an awful officiating error just means they played like garbage for the final 3 quarters and didnt capitalize. Im not giving them a free pass for that no matter how much the refs blow.

They still couldve stopped the rams from getting a tying field goal to send it to OT, and they couldve not turned the ball over once they got to OT. Relying on the refs (who we all know suck) to secure a game for you is a recipe for disaster

Honestly the only reason I wanted Brady to break the record first was to see how he would handle it, hoping he’s be mostly nonchalant about it so I could get on my high horse about how little regard he has for personal accomplishments, similar to how Belichick treats the AFC champion trophy.

Random, but I don't blame refs for Chiefs loss. I seem to remember a similar bad fumble call against Jaguars in an afccg..
You’re absolutely right, that was a terrible call that cost the Jags a touchdown that couldve put the game away.

i feel for the jags in that situation, but they still imploded and blew a 20-10 4th quarter lead after holding the Pats offense down all night

Honestly the only reason I wanted Brady to break the record first was to see how he would handle it, hoping he’s be mostly nonchalant about it so I could get on my high horse about how little regard he has for personal accomplishments, similar to how Belichick treats the AFC champion trophy.

It's silly to suggest players don't love setting an all-time record.

Dude just look at how Brady tries to do kneeldowns in a way that minimize the amount of lost yardage. Your only recourse is to suggest that he's doing some sort of next-level trolling and doesn't actually care or you have to admit that he does care.

And there's an entire career of Brady being a tryhard as evidence in one direction....

Im not pulling anything out of anywhere. The refs suck, thank you captain obvious. But when you are up 13-0 in a game at home, and end up losing 26-23, that loss is every bit as much on you as it is on the refs.

the saints had every opportunity to put that game away and they didnt do enough. The fact that it came down to an awful officiating error just means they played like garbage for the final 3 quarters and didnt capitalize. Im not giving them a free pass for that no matter how much the refs blow.

They still couldve stopped the rams from getting a tying field goal to send it to OT, and they couldve not turned the ball over once they got to OT. Relying on the refs (who we all know suck) to secure a game for you is a recipe for disaster

Again, the moment you get to "They still", as a method of dismissal, about a play that was a game decider in a game's waning moments, you're just looking for a way to lessen the import of the call, which is senseless. If the refs don't blow the call, there's an old time extra point level field goal that almost certainly ends the game in the Saints favor. There's nothing else. There's no "woulda, coulda, shoulda". It's the end of the story.

We all make the dismissal mistake on occasion, but it's bad form on our part when we do it.

It's silly to suggest players don't love setting an all-time record.

Dude just look at how Brady tries to do kneeldowns in a way that minimize the amount of lost yardage. Your only recourse is to suggest that he's doing some sort of next-level trolling and doesn't actually care or you have to admit that he does care.

And there's an entire career of Brady being a tryhard as evidence in one direction....

Sure, but if he had acted nonchalantly we’d have plausible deniability to say that he doesn’t care about it!

Or if he had made a big deal about it, then it’d be funny to see how the board reacted, given how much we skewer Brees and Pink Head for their on field celebrations when they broke various records.

Win-win.

Sure, but if he had acted nonchalantly we’d have plausible deniability to say that he doesn’t care about it!

Or if he had made a big deal about it, then it’d be funny to see how the board reacted, given how much we skewer Brees and Pink Head for their on field celebrations when they broke various records.

Win-win.

We live in a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back