PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION MNF: Seattle @ Philly 11/30

Correspondence such as this, as foolish as it is, should now come as no surprise when we consider just how deeply in bed the league is with the fantasy/gambling, pink-hat, non-football fan element...

Correspondence such as this, as foolish as it is, should now come as no surprise when we consider just how deeply in bed the league is with the fantasy/gambling, pink-hat, non-football fan element...

I think the NFL needs a "sky judge" for obvious missed calls such as the Wentz's intentional grounding.

As you can see here the line of scrimmage is the 36, the snap goes over Wentz's head, he does get outside the pocket and throws the ball toward the sidelines where it is caught 3 yards out of bounds by a Seattle coach at the 38 yard line! This should have been overruled.

I can see where you dont want to stop the game and look at every single spot, but in this case it should have been intentional grouding which is a spot foul, so Wentz threw the ball from his own 35. So if they correctly called it, it would have been 2-31 from the minus 35 yard line (the penalty for grounding is ten yards and loss of down), instead they called it incomplete and the Eagles had the ball 2 and 10 at the plus 36.

I think the NFL needs a "sky judge" for obvious missed calls such as the Wentz's intentional grounding.

As you can see here the line of scrimmage is the 36, the snap goes over Wentz's head, he does get outside the pocket and throws the ball toward the sidelines where it is caught 3 yards out of bounds by a Seattle coach at the 38 yard line! This should have been overruled.

I can see where you dont want to stop the game and look at every single spot, but in this case it should have been intentional grouding which is a spot foul, so Wentz threw the ball from his own 35. So if they correctly called it, it would have been 2-31 from the minus 35 yard line (the penalty for grounding is ten yards and loss of down), instead they called it incomplete and the Eagles had the ball 2 and 10 at the plus 36.

Yep...And it wasn't like the zebras couldn't determine the relationship between the LOS and the final resting place of the football either...I mean it was only clear as crystal...It's calls like those that that make people go Hmmm...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back