PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Giardi Seems Like A Real Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll, remember when that anonymous Redditor said "something big is happening at 4pm today" and lots of people thought it was Gronk related. Then Curran piped up with "I've never seen anyone treated the way Gronk was treated last off-season NOT get traded".

It's not far fetched at all. I think Gronk just got tired of it.
I can see it. This generation don’t feel compelled to work through undesirable work conditions. Many, like myself, rather be unemployed and play by their own rules than to be unhappy at work. Even Brady seemed over it after the Philly loss.

Meh, journalists get pissy sometimes - social media has come with the expectation that they interact with their audience at times, and it guarantees stuff like this happening every once in awhile.

While his piece does little to corroborate the information, I was definitely under the impression Gronk felt that way. Maybe not with BB in particular (though the trade business may have soured it a bit). Fake laugh near Bill about "grinding it out all season" in the DYJ3 doc is nearly cringe worthy.

Damn, I remember those contract negotiations being a bit contentious, and Bill made it heavily incentive-based - only for Gronk to come nowhere close to the benchmarks set.

I mean, his last year was simply just "I want to play for Brady." And only Brady. Never mentioned Bill or anyone else in those statements.

I dunno. Guessing is all we can do with that topic. But I got the same vibe.

In my 13 years on this site anytime a reporter says or implies anything negative about the pats he goes from being respected to being a hack.
Generally the way it goes around here.

sounds like you don't like the way Pats fans interact...you can always log off
source.gif

Giardi has always been kind of a smug guy. I lump him in with the Felger and Mazz's of NE. Stick with the good guys like Jeff Howe and Mike Reiss

I hate to see it but it's become the accepted norm for journalists on Twitter. It's rampant on the sidebar here too. Just constantly responding to nobodies with either dismissive or belittling rhetoric (the proper move is not to respond to them...I don't have to take the high road, but if you're getting paid, you should). I wish there was more pushback against this; I almost started an entire thread about it last week but held back.
People on twitter (and other social media) post things that aren’t true and position them as facts too often.

I see people still posting the spa Kraft visited was involved in human trafficking despite the fact it never was.

Too many people don’t understand that they can’t post something that’s not true as fact

To be clear, this entire thread is about a journalist saying "ok" on Twitter to some rando

Giardi has always been kind of a smug guy. I lump him in with the Felger and Mazz's of NE. Stick with the good guys like Jeff Howe and Mike Reiss
Jeff Howe and Mike Reiss are the best there are.

That's because he kinda is

As a general thought on journalism/media, I will say that we need to be careful in how we define/distinguish between truth, fact, and lies.

Too often journalists are ripped for not backing up their claim(s) with ironclad, objective evidence. Most often journalists only have access to sources who understandably want to remain anonymous. Additionally, oftentimes there is no objective evidence the source themself can provide - it's just a matter of the source communicating something that they know occurred.

Expecting the source or the journalist to provide irrefutable proof of their claim(s) is often impossible.

Lol Mike is one of the best in the business but he also likes to jump in the fray and get somewhat pissy.

My Twitter dealings with Sports Reporters for what little its worth.

Manish Mehta
Responded to tweet of mine that was mildly critical of his with insults and a block after being an utter ass about me having used "could care less" vs "could not care less".

Bedard
Instantly defensive and like you said pissy over a tweet of mine that disagreed with him and was by no means insulting or sarcastic etc. He ended with a "at least I express my opinions with my real name". I mean really Bedard?

Shaughnessy
Had an extremely funny and appropriate response that showed great humor after I tweeted out a disagreement to him that was combined with a faux, humorously intended insult (Ginger).

My Twitter dealings with Sports Reporters for what little its worth.

Manish Mehta
Responded to tweet of mine that was mildly critical of his with insults and a block after being an utter ass about me having used "could care less" vs "could not care less".

Bedard
Instantly defensive and like you said pissy over a tweet of mine that disagreed with him and was by no means insulting or sarcastic etc. He ended with a "at least I express my opinions with my real name". I mean really Bedard?

Shaughnessy
Had an extremely funny and appropriate response that showed great humor after I tweeted out a disagreement to him that was combined with a faux, humorously intended insult (Ginger).

Can't say I'm surprised about Mehta, and Bedard especially.

I've seen Bedard be condescending and disrespectful in response to thoughtful, well-intentioned critiques.

Really a shame he's wired that way. I'd expect that of an unseasoned teen - anyone disagreeing with me is wrong and automatically a bad person - but not of a professional adult, whose job it is to engage in thoughtful, critical discourse and listen to other POVs.

Most media people (in general, not just in sports) are scum. They love to slam other people but if even 1/100th of that is aimed back at them they *****, whine, block, etc. It's pathetic.

Some of you really need to step away from the internet for a while. You are attacking a reporter for saying the same thing that other reporters have previously reported, and then just saying "OK" to some whodatposter who cited specifically to a dearth of specific statements in interviews, when the reports of Gronk having issues with the BB regime are already out there, and have been since even before 2019.

I trust none of these mediot*clowns. It's all about click bait.They'll throw Shi on a wall and see if sticks and if it does They'd be first to report a story. BIG DEAL! What do you get, a cookie for reporting it first?!

Mike is one of the best in the business and has some pretty good contacts. I doubt he pulled that out of thin air.
Hi Mike.

Some of you really need to step away from the internet for a while. You are attacking a reporter for saying the same thing that other reporters have previously reported, and then just saying "OK" to some whodatposter who cited specifically to a dearth of specific statements in interviews, when the reports of Gronk having issues with the BB regime are already out there, and have been since even before 2019.
People suck not on the internet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back