PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Giardi Seems Like A Real Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I’ve never heard anyone say that Gronk did not want to put up with BB’s culture any longer.

Then he follows up being called out on not having a source on that with this:

A00B07EB-50A6-4B51-83B4-F9FAB7632FF1.jpeg

Just seems lazy and irresponsible to throw that out there like that without being able to back it up. Other responses to his tweets make him seem really defensive about it too.

Last edited:
Mike is one of the best in the business and has some pretty good contacts. I doubt he pulled that out of thin air.

Mike is one of the best in the business and has some pretty good contacts. I doubt he pulled that out of thin air.
That’s the thing, I’ve always thought that as well. Just really didn’t like the way he responded. I don’t like that kind of journalism.

That’s the thing, I’ve always thought that as well. Just really didn’t like the way he responded. I don’t like that kind of journalism.

I hate to see it but it's become the accepted norm for journalists on Twitter. It's rampant on the sidebar here too. Just constantly responding to nobodies with either dismissive or belittling rhetoric (the proper move is not to respond to them...I don't have to take the high road, but if you're getting paid, you should). I wish there was more pushback against this; I almost started an entire thread about it last week but held back.

Lol Mike is one of the best in the business but he also likes to jump in the fray and get somewhat pissy.

There should be no doubt that Gronk would've had more "fun" in Philly or Seattle.

He seems like he’s in a **** mood. He normally doesn’t respond like that. Most of the reporters are probably tired of asking it, but that’s their own fault.

Current regime? Wasnt that the same regime throughout his whole career?

This is the first time we are hearing that Gronk didnt like playing for bill in his entire tenure that spanned years. Everything else I've read is that understandably his injuries took a toll on him enjoying football.

He seems like he’s in a **** mood. He normally doesn’t respond like that. Most of the reporters are probably tired of asking it, but that’s their own fault.
I mean I don’t know if Mike is a total tool. My wording in the thread title may be a little harsh in calling him that. But man, that attitude about a seemingly flimsy report not based on much factuality rubbed me the wrong way.

For the record, I don’t think Gronk wants to come back either.

His Jimmy G love is still a bit strong. Not that theirs anything wrong with that.

I hate to see it but it's become the accepted norm for journalists on Twitter. It's rampant on the sidebar here too. Just constantly responding to nobodies with either dismissive or belittling rhetoric (the proper move is not to respond to them...I don't have to take the high road, but if you're getting paid, you should). I wish there was more pushback against this; I almost started an entire thread about it last week but held back.

Twitter is garbage and everybody on it (nobody or blue check alike) deserves scorn and ridicule.

Belichick tried to trade him and it clearly pissed him off. There was animosity there at some level.

Twitter is garbage and everybody on it (nobody or blue check alike) deserves scorn and ridicule.

The problem is larger than "I don't like something I saw on an avoidable online platform". It's the unprofessional behavior the media engage in, often via "official" accounts which you have to assume they get paid to use. Consumer money is going toward direct and personal backlash against the consumers.

He does have sources on the team, I suspect Van Noy may be one of his biggest insiders. Who else on this team is going tell him about our plan for Goff prior to the super bowl? "He is going to **** in his pants comments" sounds like something Van Noy will say.

I've heard Curran say the same thing, maybe they have the same source.

100% this.

Really gets under my skin to see paid members of the media (or any professional for that matter) engage with such users in such a manner on Twitter, let alone any social platform.

Not only does it take away from their personal credibility, but it fundamentally contributes to the general deterioration of our ability to communicate and engage in shared discourse without immediately personally attacking one another and making unfair assumptions about the other individual and their argument(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes