PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Giardi Seems Like A Real Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finished the 5 stages of Gronk grief ... I am on to the rest of the season.
He’s just not coming back. Anyone who listened to him run down the list of injuries and various ailments he’s had knows that. Believe me, I’d certainly welcome him back but I just think it’s a waste of time to worry about this until it happens.

Didn't Gronk threaten to retire if he was traded before last season? Seems weird that a guy that was supposedly tired of the regime would block a trade. Ya I know the trade was to Detroit but he would have been going to a place that let him do his thing. He probably could have gotten a significant contract bump too.

I think there was a period of time that Gronk (and Brady) were bristling under BB a bit (around the time of what’s his name, the trainer guy’s, banishment) but it seemed to get better. Not the reason he retired.

I hate to see it but it's become the accepted norm for journalists on Twitter. It's rampant on the sidebar here too. Just constantly responding to nobodies with either dismissive or belittling rhetoric (the proper move is not to respond to them...I don't have to take the high road, but if you're getting paid, you should). I wish there was more pushback against this; I almost started an entire thread about it last week but held back.

Well journalism as a whole is pretty much dead in the sens of any ethics it once had at least. Whether its treating twitter like its a live mailbag, running uncorroborated stories (in the hopes of being the first to report it, because no one will remember what you got wrong), passing off opinions as facts, sitting on information that hurts "your side" etc...

Its terrible.

To be fair, Gronk did compare him to the Grinch on national television. To say he was mentally drained by BB's process does not seem far fetched.

Giardi is not the only local guy reporting this drivel...Tom E Curran was spouting much of the same garbage shortly after Gronkowski retired ..Giardi is also known as "Gus's Kid" in my neck of the woods...wonder if anyone will get that reference

View attachment 25094

Just seems lazy and irresponsible to throw that out there like that without being able to back it up. Other responses to his tweets make him seem really defensive about it too.

I immediately disregard the opinions of anyone who says "The Patriot Way" as if it's a thing.

I’ve never heard anyone say that Gronk did not want to put up with BB’s culture any longer.

Then he follows up being called out on not having a source on that with this:

View attachment 25094

Just seems lazy and irresponsible to throw that out there like that without being able to back it up. Other responses to his tweets make him seem really defensive about it too.

Seems like a tool?

Is

Really gets under my skin to see paid members of the media (or any professional for that matter) engage with such users in such a manner on Twitter, let alone any social platform.

Yes, used to be the story was paramount and a journalist was supposed to do their best to stay out of the way. You got noticed based on the quality and frequency of your production.

Now it's a journalist's job to *be* the story. Controversy and conjecture - regardless of how well grounded - do the job of competence and professionalism.

You want to get noticed today? Say something stupid.

Last edited:
The problem is larger than "I don't like something I saw on an avoidable online platform". It's the unprofessional behavior the media engage in, often via "official" accounts which you have to assume they get paid to use. Consumer money is going toward direct and personal backlash against the consumers.

So?

Mike is one of the best in the business and has some pretty good contacts. I doubt he pulled that out of thin air.
In my 13 years on this site anytime a reporter says or implies anything negative about the pats he goes from being respected to being a hack.

Belichick tried to trade him and it clearly pissed him off. There was animosity there at some level.

Animosity because he tried to trade him? Think Belichick knew Gronk was close to finishing so he tried to get something for him.

Didn't Gronk threaten to retire if he was traded before last season? Seems weird that a guy that was supposedly tired of the regime would block a trade. Ya I know the trade was to Detroit but he would have been going to a place that let him do his thing. He probably could have gotten a significant contract bump too.
He wanted more money. BB said if you want more cash DET will pay you. Gronk relented

I think Giardi twisted this one.

I can buy that Gronk had issues with the Patriots doctors and trainers. Remember, Gronk was allowed to go to Brady's trainer, but then the Patriots trainers got upset and the next thing you know, there was some internal uproar. That's a far cry from Gronk not liking the buttoned-up attitude of the Patriots, an atmosphere in which he not only thrived, but by all accounts, Gronk was one of the hardest workers there too and a leader. The opposite of what Giardi is implying.

We'll, remember when that anonymous Redditor said "something big is happening at 4pm today" and lots of people thought it was Gronk related. Then Curran piped up with "I've never seen anyone treated the way Gronk was treated last off-season NOT get traded".

It's not far fetched at all. I think Gronk just got tired of it.

In my 13 years on this site anytime a reporter says or implies anything negative about the pats he goes from being respected to being a hack.
To see if they can earn their keep ... usually not.

In my X years as a human anytime a reporter says or implies anything negative about something I like he goes from being respected to being a hack.

FTFY. You just described pretty much every forum everywhere. This is nothing unique to Pats Fans or football in general.

In this case, Giardi is a hack regardless of what opinion he holds. It's just who he is.

Giardi is not the only local guy reporting this drivel...Tom E Curran was spouting much of the same garbage shortly after Gronkowski retired ..Giardi is also known as "Gus's Kid" in my neck of the woods...wonder if anyone will get that reference
Gus Martins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back