PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman - Gronk comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who wants to believe Gronk is coming back simply needs to look at current photos of him -- he looks like he's lost about 30 lbs. He is done.

And that doesn't happen by accident, not that much, that fast. My guess is that he's trying to take as much pressure off his back as possible, to see what impact that has, before deciding if more surgery is necessary. Just walking around everyday, 30 pounds lighter, will take a lot of pressure off of the spine and surrounding muscles. Good for him! Much more important than playing a game for a living.

A few years ago when I was using B/R actively Mike Freeman was a hack. Not sure about now but I don't think he has sources with the Patriots...
Freeman cares about political aspects of sports. Not the actual sports themselves.

Gronk just got rid of his baby fat :D

Gronk will be back.

He wont be able to stay away and Brady will haunt him until he gives in and returns.

I’m not gonna predict he is gonna play this year or stay retired. It makes absolute sense, however, for him to say he is staying retired (at least in my head). If he comes back, it is likely to be in the 2nd half of the season anyway so by saying he’s staying retired will keep people off his *** about it for awhile. Just my line of thinking, which probably is very flawed. Just ask my wife.

I think he may, but I doubt he’s made that decision. Won’t be surprised if one day news breaks he gets a pay bump and returns.

Gronk's Back...

rumors-rob-gronkowski-may-retire-season.jpg

Gronk is 29, competitive, and probably still the best TE in the NFL. He is also not even close to as interesting, funny, or marketable as he thinks he is off the field. When I put those two things together, I don’t see how he doesn’t come back after giving his body a rest.

And that doesn't happen by accident, not that much, that fast. My guess is that he's trying to take as much pressure off his back as possible, to see what impact that has, before deciding if more surgery is necessary. Just walking around everyday, 30 pounds lighter, will take a lot of pressure off of the spine and surrounding muscles.
I have a theory that he may be relaxing a bit on his strength training regimen, as that seemed to be an issue when he was here. I wouldn’t be shocked if that played a part in his decision. Again, just giving my opinion, but I have to wonder how he was even able to do some of that stuff, physically.

We’ve seen some pics and heard some stories about him struggling during yoga class down in Miami, so perhaps he can focus on more stretching and attempting to improve his flexibility without needing to worry about lifting as much.

What are the odds against Gronk using a PED to help heal his various injuries post retirement, similar to what Watson used (Bio Identical Testosterone Cypionate)???

If so even if he wanted to there would be the possibility of a pending suspension..

This whole thing is a fantasy and what drives sports talk radio...

Two segments from the most recent Lombardi podcast on Gronk:

In the first Lombardi kinda contradicts what some like @patfanken are claiming about Gronks body:

And then reiterates that the trade deadline is a key date for him to comeback because after that he would have to pass the waiver wire to be on the active roster. Something we talked about in the other Gronk thread already:

Anyone who wants to believe Gronk is coming back simply needs to look at current photos of him -- he looks like he's lost about 30 lbs. He is done.

So you are saying that he is more pliable?;)

TE Gronk is dead.

Let 6'6 235lb WR Gronktron take his place.

I think he's done.......unless he isn't

I don't think he'll be back. I'll even go as far to say I hope he doesn't come back. You've got 3 rings, a multitude of injuries, you're set for life monetarily not to mention your side gigs outside of football. Plus it isn't fair to the players on the team especially the TE group if Gronk just gets to take a vacation half the year while everyone works their asses off grinding through the season. Just stay retired my man

I don't think he'll be back. I'll even go as far to say I hope he doesn't come back. You've got 3 rings, a multitude of injuries, you're set for life monetarily not to mention your side gigs outside of football. Plus it isn't fair to the players on the team especially the TE group if Gronk just gets to take a vacation half the year while everyone works their asses off grinding through the season. Just stay retired my man
I want him back because the patriots are a better team with him than without him.
Personally I don’t care at all about this other things.

And that doesn't happen by accident, not that much, that fast. My guess is that he's trying to take as much pressure off his back as possible, to see what impact that has, before deciding if more surgery is necessary. Just walking around everyday, 30 pounds lighter, will take a lot of pressure off of the spine and surrounding muscles. Good for him! Much more important than playing a game for a living.

Ding, Ding, Ding! I think we have a winner. That sounds very plausible, and I agree that nobody loses that much weight so fast without a reason, and I bet it is to see how his back responds like you say.

Last edited:
No way he wrestles with a bad back/disc.

True. He would not thrive enduring their schedule and their "techniques" full time however he may make an occasional guest appearance.

to be honest, if I was in his position and was prudent with the money, I'd be long gone......I'd say 'I've taken enough of a beating and it's time for something else'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots