PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Freeman - Gronk comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, the league would likely take away a 2nd rounder for manipulating the 53 man roster.

He's NOT coming back. Get over it. What more do you need to hear. He has stated it in a compelling manner SEVERAL times. Quotes from multiple sources among is entourage have said it. Then you hear about a possible impending back procedure, PLUS if you just took a look at him from the charity event this week, he looks like he's already dropped about 25 lbs of muscle this off season. He looks positively skinny. So it's not just what you are hearing, you have to consider what you SEE!

If you want to dream about Gronk coming back, you'd be better off hoping for a 2020 reunion than one happening THIS season, because that ship has sailed.

IMO, Freeman is a hack and doesn't have 'sources close to the team' and if he does it's probably one of the concession stand people....

As for Gronk, I BELIEVE Gronk is serious about being retired FOR NOW.

I think his feelings will change when the games are on TV and his body is healing better than it has in years.....

But I don't think he would be in good enough football shape to play as he seems smaller/slimmer now....

If he were to come back this season, it wouldn't be until after week 10...IMO.

As for the 2020 season...I think it is about 50/50. I think he'll be as bored as Witten was.

As for the 2020 season...I think it is about 50/50. I think he'll be as bored as Witten was.

dunno....

Gronk seems to have a very good ability to find ways to not be bored. I don't think he needs football to have a good time.

69% chance he stays retired
You win the internet today. Good one!
He's NOT coming back. Get over it. What more do you need to hear. He has stated it in a compelling manner SEVERAL times. Quotes from multiple sources among is entourage have said it. Then you hear about a possible impending back procedure, PLUS if you just took a look at him from the charity event this week, he looks like he's already dropped about 25 lbs of muscle this off season. He looks positively skinny. So it's not just what you are hearing, you have to consider what you SEE!

If you want to dream about Gronk coming back, you'd be better off hoping for a 2020 reunion than one happening THIS season, because that ship has sailed.

I agree. I would like to know who the source is. I can't see it.

Does Gronk bring some spare vertebrae with him when he returns?

Regards,
Chris

You're correct. I was at the event Sunday and was literally 5 feet away from him. Two things struck me about his physical appearance in person: 1) how tall he is, and 2) how thin he is. Your estimate of 25 lbs. may be on the conservative side.

You're correct. I was at the event Sunday and was literally 5 feet away from him. Two things struck me about his physical appearance in person: 1) how tall he is, and 2) how thin he is. Your estimate of 25 lbs. may be on the conservative side.

I couldn't find a picture of him at the charity event, but I found this one from May 1st, 2019 at the Country 2019 Billboard Music Awards and he certainly looks like he has dropped bunch of weight, in the first picture I could hardly recognize him.

Rob+Gronkowski+2019+Billboard+Music+Awards+PeNK02U5Ibfl.jpg

Rob+Gronkowski+2019+Billboard+Music+Awards+df6z5uaepqTl.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't find a picture of him at the charity event, but I found this one from May 1st, 2019 at the Country 2019 Billboard Music Awards and he certainly looks like he has dropped bunch of weight in this picture, I could hardly recognize him.

View attachment 23460
Yep ... this thread is a fail IMO.
Some need to move through their Gronk stages of grief a bit faster for their own sanity.

Gronk is going to achieve great things in the area of charity ... it may be his ultimate calling.

Gronk’s security guard cameo at the Billboard awards show was gripping.
His Tide Pod efforts still mesmerize.
And
No one puts the jerk in Jack link’s Jerky better than our main man.
I’m just waiting for an epic signature tag line when his wrestling career ramps up.... possibly a blend of the Rock, Arnold, and Curley Q

All this is he or isn't he talk about Gronk is already tiresome in June. I can only imagine what it'll be like during the season

Anyone who wants to believe Gronk is coming back simply needs to look at current photos of him -- he looks like he's lost about 30 lbs. He is done.

More irresponsible reporting.

Gronk’s security guard cameo at the Billboard awards show was gripping.
His Tide Pod efforts still mesmerize.
And
No one puts the jerk in Jack link’s Jerky better than our main man.
I’m just waiting for an epic signature tag line when his wrestling career ramps up.... possibly a blend of the Rock, Arnold, and Curley Q
No way he wrestles with a bad back/disc.

Anyone who wants to believe Gronk is coming back simply needs to look at current photos of him -- he looks like he's lost about 30 lbs. He is done.
He gets any thinner and we may see click bait Gronk coming back as a slot guy links.

All this is he or isn't he talk about Gronk is already tiresome in June. I can only imagine what it'll be like during the season
Especially if the passing game is strugg-a-ling and there's little or no TE production...holy sh##...

He’s not coming back. Why the hell would he? His personal brand is as strong as it ever was and he’s clearly enjoying retirement.

People around here are too emotionally invested in this silly theory that he will "feel great" and come back.

Here is a question that no one has attempted to answer: if the key to success in the NFL is skipping training camp and ignoring lifting weights, why would we ask ANYONE to do those things???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes