PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Felger !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ok,,,,as most of you all know,,i am from Bahrain,,,an Island Kingdom in the Middle East right next to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia . So being so far away from Boston i need to ask this question about Mike Felger ,,,,,,does he hate the Patriots and Bill Belichick ?
I cannot understand his rant nor why he gives the Pats a grade F for the Draft ??!!!
Am i missing something here ? He makes that idiot Tanguay look Great now !
Apologies for my ignorance of Boston media and their ways :confused::confused::confused:.
Sorry but i am confused why anyone would question BB ,,especially after just winning our Fifth Super Bowl.
Thankyou.

His argument is you can't fully include those players we traded picks for because they have less years left on their contracts. As an independent statement, that's correct. What he fails to say, though, is we know these guys can play. Cooks, Ealy, Allen, Gillislee are proven NFL players. They may have less years on their contracts but they won't be total busts like so many draft picks will be.

I cannot understand his rant nor why he gives the Pats a grade F for the Draft ??!!!
Am i missing something here ?
Here is what you are missing, my friend:

He is trolling. He doesn't really believe his own statements. He does things like that to get people taking about him in forums just like this one. So when you come in here and start a thread about the latest idiotic statement Felger made, you give him exactly what he wants.

Mike Felger is a pot stirrer, who says intentionally inflammatory things in order to drum up outrage and ratings. If you accept that about him, he can be fairly entertaining, but still an insufferable d-bag.

I think also the recent success of the team (2 out of 3 championships) has left him with little material to criticize them, so he's looking for takes that will make people react... well, just like you've reacted.

Pay no attention to the clown from milwakee, you'll be better off.[/QUOTE . AHUH,,,thats more clearer,,,he comes from Milwakee. Thankyou Sir for that.
Do all Americans from Milwakee act like him ?
And thanks to all who took the time to educate me about some of your weird media clowns ! God Bless you all.

Sorry Reflexblue ,,i made a bo bo,,,,,i added your quote and wrote with my reply on it !!!:D

He also would have been the first to complain if they had picked an obscure Rutgers player. He thrives on negativity. He should have been elated that Bill chose to use his picks on players who have actually played in the NFL instead of a big maybe which is what many players in the draft are. One of the advantages of cutting the cord is that I never have to see him or his sidekick. Use your time wisely and change the channel if you ever see his face again.

Just BS.

You can only grade the picks they make, where they make them and consider who was on the board at the time. Also you can consider trade up potential to a degree.

Personally I like the picks made on the whole. I felt 3 of 4 were very good value for their spots. Wise being the only average value and maybe they left better players on the board they shouldn't have to pick him.

I liked the trade back from 72 to 83 and 124 considering who they got at 83.

Trading up to 85 with 96 and 124? IDK I don't hate it cause Garcia was probably the 4th best OT in the draft and fell further than he should have. Lets assume he wouldn't have made it to 96 and everyone who was picked in reality went.

They could have had at 96 Carl Lawson, Cordea Tankersley, Trey Hedrickson, Tedric Thompson. All of which i liked a lot for that value.

at 124 (which they also gave up) they could have had Davenport, Jake Butt, Desmond King, Corn Elder. All who I liked for that value.

So was Garcia worth for instance Cordea Tankersley and Davenport (also an OT)?

IDK. If he turns out to live up to his potential probably but I think that is a fair question to ask at this point and something to look critically at. Giving up 2 picks at IMO spots where you can get good value in this draft for 1 player is a questionable move if you want to point something out. I won't say it was a bad move though cause OT is a premium position and there is a lot to like about this player.

Ok,,,,as most of you all know,,i am from Bahrain,,,an Island Kingdom in the Middle East right next to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia . So being so far away from Boston i need to ask this question about Mike Felger ,,,,,,does he hate the Patriots and Bill Belichick ?
Am i missing something here ? He makes that idiot Tanguay look Great now !
Apologies for my ignorance of Boston media and their ways :confused::confused::confused:.
Sorry but i am confused why anyone would question BB ,,especially after just winning our Fifth Super Bowl.
Thankyou.

Unfortunately, he found a shtick that works. He actually seems to know sports pretty well and, when he was a supporting cast member, I enjoyed him. When he got his own show, he figured out if he wined and said stupid stuff, people would listen even more. His personality according to reputation, being a huge douche, actually helps him in this regard.

Regrettably, his success has been a huge negative influence on Tony Mazz as well as inspired copycats from numerous Boston sports figures, ie Minihan and the failing Gary Tanguay.

Felger has many issues. The main ones are that he's stupid, he's bitter, and that he figured out that if he talks badly enough about the Patriots more people will listen to him for some reason that I could never figure out.

Felger has many issues. The main ones are that he's stupid, he's bitter, and that he figured out that if he talks badly enough about the Patriots more people will listen to him for some reason that I could never figure out.
The reason is that there are a lot of people in the world who get a legitimate endorphin rush from being outraged. They enjoy hearing outrageous opinions so that they can get all riled up because it engages their own pleasure centers.

5 Ways To Stay Sane In An Era Of Non-Stop Outrage

Hey, you know what happens when you read something really enraging on the internet? You get a hit of dopamine. And even though it's a "bad" feeling, you immediately want to feel it again, because anything is better than being bored. Well, people who know how to manipulate this mechanism rule the world. Here's what you need to know now

Just BS.

You can only grade the picks they make, where they make them and consider who was on the board at the time. Also you can consider trade up potential to a degree.

Personally I like the picks made on the whole. I felt 3 of 4 were very good value for their spots. Wise being the only average value and maybe they left better players on the board they shouldn't have to pick him.

Trading up to 85 with 96 and 124? IDK I don't hate it cause Garcia was probably the 4th best OT in the draft and fell further than he should have. Lets assume he wouldn't have made it to 96 and everyone who was picked in reality went.

They could have had at 96 Carl Lawson, Cordea Tankersley, Trey Hedrickson, Tedric Thompson. All of which i liked a lot for that value.

at 124 (which they also gave up) they could have had Davenport, Jake Butt, Desmond King, Corn Elder. All who I liked for that value.

IDK. If he turns out to live up to his potential probably but I think that is a fair question to ask at this point and something to look critically at. Giving up 2 picks at IMO spots where you can get good value in this draft for 1 player is a questionable move if you want to point something out. I won't say it was a bad move though cause OT is a premium position and there is a lot to like about this player.
Not to hijack the thread, but the value considerations needs to include the alternatives available, in this instance draft pick vs. UDFA. In this example, the question should be is Garcia plus UDFA OTs plus UDFA CBs greater than Tankersley plus Davenport. I guessing that BB thought the marginal value between Garcia (short term developmental project) and Davenport (long term developmental project) was greater than the marginal value between Davenport and the UDFAs. Same with the DBs and LBs. So the question boils down to draft one better player or several equal players who could be obtained after the draft.

Just BS.

Have you seen the Patriots' roster? I'm not sure where they put all of these extras. I don't know that they'll be able to keep the four picks they made!

Not to hijack the thread, but the value considerations needs to include the alternatives available, in this instance draft pick vs. UDFA. In this example, the question should be is Garcia plus UDFA OTs plus UDFA CBs greater than Tankersley plus Davenport. I guessing that BB thought the marginal value between Garcia (short term developmental project) and Davenport (long term developmental project) was greater than the marginal value between Davenport and the UDFAs. Same with the DBs and LBs. So the question boils down to draft one better player or several equal players who could be obtained after the draft.
I think you touch on a very interesting philosophical argument: How does one evaluate a team's draft?

1) You should simply look at the total haul of rookies, irrespective of where the team was drafting, or how many picks they had

2) You should look at the total haul of rookies, but adjust for draft position and number of picks

3) You should look at everything they got for their draft picks, including veterans they traded for

If we are looking at the whole offseason, go with #3. But if we are looking simply at draft weekend, my opinion is somewhere between #1 and #2. If you want to ask who improved themselves the most this past weekend, you would have to look at the total rookie haul. BUT if you wanted to evaluate "how did my team do?" you should make a mental adjustment based on draft position and number of picks.

Sorry @abdul7 it's my fault.

Years ago in school I used to kick Felger's ass in the lunchroom and take his lunch money. It would make him cry like a little wussy.

During his tearful fits of wussy rage he would swear he would get his vengeance. Little did I know it meant he would become an ass clown spewing ridiculous diatribe about the Pats on a radio station just to spite me.

So my apologies. I was young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots