PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MIA@NE re-watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason has been solid, so I am not trying to take away from him at all.

But Suh has to be an incredible disappointment for Miami. I mean, he makes some splash plays when he wants to, but overall, the defense has been atrocious since he signed in 2015 for a ridiculous contract.

The run D has been pretty mediocre with him there, finishing 28th, 30th, and currently 24th in rushing yards allowed over the 3 seasons. The defense hasn't finished in the top half of the league in points allowed or yards allowed either.

And he's got the 13th-highest cap hit in the league right now.

Just a terrible, terrible signing.

Hey, don't say this. We need more teams in our division making these failed massive contracts. Last thing we need is for teams to poach more coaches from us and making their teams good again using BB philosophy, like the falcons, Texans, lions and chiefs.

Wouldnt be surprised if #67 was sick for OL meeting tomorrow. I wouldn't be happy of I was a teammate or coach.

What a lazy set? Gives up the inside with almost no threat of an inside rush.

As soon as he goes to punch his ass is pointed towards the sideline. OL ass shouldn't always be pointed towards QB like a camera taking a picture.

Flowers gives a rip but he really doesn't even need it and uses it to shield of his man.

What will get 67 in trouble, besides the soft set is the little hand flip at the end. Kinda like, "what do you want from me". Terrible body language.

I didn't notice that. Good catch. I'm going to watch the all-22 to see how many times Moore's linemen helped him up. Not sure if he was helped up in any of those clips except maybe for one. Getting sacked 7 times in a game is a joke.

Just re-watching the defense in this game, they look way more confident then they have especially when you compare them to week one. The development of the secondary has probably been one of my favorite things to watch this season and it really stood out to me this past Sunday.

I know stats have to be put in context but I'll use them to say this because I'm not going to watch every Miami game. Miami hasn't given up a slew of sacks over the season. Just looking at their stats they've given up an average of about 1 or 2 sacks a game since week 5 so getting 7 on them is promising albeit it was Moore under center and not Cutler. Anyways, hopefully a good sign.

Side note: Eric Lee (#55) seemed to be effective at setting the edge. Want to watch for it in the all-22.

Last edited:
Just add another assist to Allen for the year:

Thats why there is a role for TEs that might not have the softest of hands or are the fastest running routes but great blockers. With the other assist going to Gronk the gold standard of TEs.

Graham couldnt do any of those two jobs..

Thats why there is a role for TEs that might not have the softest of hands or are the fastest running routes but great blockers. With the other assist going to Gronk the gold standard of TEs.

Allen is another example of the "Hawt Takes Gone Wild" season. He has looked more and more comfortable each week. Can't wait to see where he's at by the end of the season. Might make Marty redundant.

I didn't notice that. Good catch. I'm going to watch the all-22 to see how many times Moore's linemen helped him up. Not sure if he was helped up in any of those clips except maybe for one. Getting sacked 7 times in a game is a joke.

Just not professional. When coaches and players see that they know who really cares and who's gunna flip their hands up and say "Not on me", "Should have got the ball out sooner" and "what do you want from me"?

You want to see a guy pounding his chest saying "my bad" and then extending his hand to pick up his QB.

I’m seeing a lot of talk about poor performance on screen passes* during this game - quick questions from a new fan: What is a screen pass? Who used to do them and what has changed, if anything, this year? Thanks in advance.

* I’ve done my best to google, but there is so much new terminology to learn to understand what most of the pages are saying!

Hey, don't say this. We need more teams in our division making these failed massive contracts. Last thing we need is for teams to poach more coaches from us and making their teams good again using BB philosophy, like the falcons, Texans, lions and chiefs.

Good point.

We should be on the Bills boards encouraging them to start Peterman this week.

Just not professional. When coaches and players see that they know who really cares and who's gunna flip their hands up and say "Not on me", "Should have got the ball out sooner" and "what do you want from me"?

You want to see a guy pounding his chest saying "my bad" and then extending his hand to pick up his QB.
About which sack in particular are you referring?

I’m seeing a lot of talk about poor performance on screen passes* during this game - quick questions from a new fan: What is a screen pass? Who used to do them and what has changed, if anything, this year? Thanks in advance.

* I’ve done my best to google, but there is so much new terminology to learn to understand what most of the pages are saying!

Here is a basic explanation for screen passes. Not too much terminology and video support.

Beginner Series: Screen Pass - NFL Breakdowns

Baldinger is a moron. There us and can only be one GOAT. Does he not know what GOAT stands for?

This one.

Thanks.
And that was Tunsil, last year's first-rounder. Thor's comment about the gas mask makes sense now. More of Adam Gase's "leadership" and "accountability" on display there.

In a screen pass you let them DL get past the OL to rush the qb. The qb backs up drawing them to him and then throws to a receiver (normally a rb) at or behind the los.
The OL after letting the DL past them them get out in front of the receiver and block on the second level.
That’s the simplistic explanation and of course there are numerous ways to vary it.

Success or failure depends a lot on the defense not reading it because the dl can disrupt it by stating back and the LBs can beat the OL to the spot if they read it coming.

Thanks.
And that was Tunsil, last year's first-rounder. Thor's comment about the gas mask makes sense now. More of Adam Gase's "leadership" and "accountability" on display there.

Oh right. The gas mask. I forgot about that. I didn't get it until now. haha

Mason has been solid, so I am not trying to take away from him at all.

But Suh has to be an incredible disappointment for Miami. I mean, he makes some splash plays when he wants to, but overall, the defense has been atrocious since he signed in 2015 for a ridiculous contract.

The run D has been pretty mediocre with him there, finishing 28th, 30th, and currently 24th in rushing yards allowed over the 3 seasons. The defense hasn't finished in the top half of the league in points allowed or yards allowed either.

And he's got the 13th-highest cap hit in the league right now.

Just a terrible, terrible signing.

The Patriots actually think Suh is the weakest link on the Miami defense. See this: Did the Patriots run away from Ndamukong Suh? - Boston Sports Online

Reactions: ALP
So did a rewatch show why the refs didn't call extremely obvious fumble? Or some of the very late hits on Brady?

Some nice face crossing by Suh and Butler. Check out the footwork by both. Quick, short, hard 3 -4 steps. Swat of hands by Suh. Mason has to be more aggressive once there is contact. Club by Butler ... And a nice jump step!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes