PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

May still need to win out for the #1 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully (not likely) Cleveland gives PIT all they can handle and pull out a victory :rolleyes: to prevent going 0–16 for the season. Though, it likely won’t matter if we take care of business.

And no doubt Idiot Volin thinks that means NE has a 2/3 chance of getting the #1 seed.

I'd also love to know what these "30 permutations are", when the only games that matter are the NE game and the PIT game.
NE wins, they get #1 no matter what.
NE ties, they get #1 if PIT ties or loses.
NE loses, they get #1 if PIT loses.

At most you could claim there are 9 permutations (NE w, t, l) x (PIT w, t, l)

just have to beat the Jets on sunday...I cant see the pats laying an egg against the jets. They know what is at stake here...and the Jets are pretty horrible right now..

Also, who knows we could get some reinforcements in the likes of van noy/hogan etc.

Does anyone think we will get the Saturday night game if we hold on to have the number 1 seed?

Actually, "make it up" is precisely what you just did. :eek: But ~ considering the hour ~ I'll give you the well-earned benefit of the doubt and wish you a Merry Christmas. ;)

*2nd Edit: 1000 Apologies. For the record ~ for anyone unfortunate enough to stumble across this ~ Brother Fly was making an abstruse reference ~ to another thread ~ that I did not pick up...until he spelled it out for my dumb ass in his response. :p
Not buying it Grid...watch out for this Fly guy...he's always too nice and reasonable. When I see his so-called sarcasm I look for the House Of Flying Daggers chop socky rerun playing on WPGH...:eek:

When pushed further the idea that they’d “be favored” was driven home pretty hard, as if that has anything to do with anything.

driven home pretty hard?...and then what, put away wet??? I'll be watching you...

latest

Does anyone think we will get the Saturday night game if we hold on to have the number 1 seed?
No. After last year’s “we spotted their asses a day and a half” or whatever Tomlin whined about in the scheduling of the divisional round, I’m fully expecting the Steelers to play on Saturday and NE to play on Sunday.

If not, they’ll cry about it all week long if the two teams face off again for the AFCCG.

driven home pretty hard?...and then what, put away wet??? I'll be watching you...

latest
Wet, dry, whatever. As long as I’m still able to drive it home and put it away when I’m done, I’ll consider it a good day.

And no doubt Idiot Volin thinks that means NE has a 2/3 chance of getting the #1 seed.

I'd also love to know what these "30 permutations are", when the only games that matter are the NE game and the PIT game.

Bell's inequality?

Bell's inequality?
Either this is a very simple comment or a very complicated one, but any way you look at it, I’m a bit confused. Could you elaborate a bit?

The wife had to coach me through both statistics and analytical methodology, so I’m not embarrassed to point out my flaws with these types of subjects. That said, my dad was an accountant and he would’ve been fairly disappointed with my ignorance, here.

Either this is a very simple comment or a very complicated one
The former.

The post I was responding to had reminded me (ok, loosely reminded me), in its probabilistic analysis, of some of the case analysis in the usual explanations of the theorem I cited - which is part of the field of which that poster's username suggests he is a practitioner.

This kind of thing is why Leno never asked me back :)

Last edited:
The former.

The post I was responding to had reminded me (ok, loosely reminded me), in its probabilistic analysis, of some of the case analysis in the usual explanations of the theorem I cited - which is part of the field of which that poster's username suggests he is a practitioner.

So, I looked up "Bell's inequality". Great stuff! I bookmarked the page in case I ever need another mid-morning nap.

The only permutation I'm interested in is our sixth Vince Lombardi trophy to stick up Goodell's ass

The former.

You available to be White House Press Secretary?

...I mean in 2021...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference