PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martial Arts to improve NE Pass Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me weigh in here, being of advanced age and experience. I ,Joe Kerr, am the only black belt practitioner of dung fu currently throwing the B.S. around on this site.I see many of you seeking enlightenment so I'll make a one time offer of $99.99 for an introductory 6 month course in this oldest of martial arts.
you must be well-versed in the closely related art of flung du

Last edited:
Anyone else here think that maybe Tai Chi would be more in line with the Patriots pass rush?

rofl.gif

I actually incorporated a little bit of Tai Chi into my play. It came in handy when dealing with people who would over commit themselves.

Just looking over the drills he was putting them through it’s just some basic parrying and arm drags. Day one wrestling/jiu-jitsu fundamentals but really important in the context of pass rushing. I’d like to see more fundamental wrestling like Russian ties, duck unders, and throwby’s drilled as well. I think Judo would be very helpful as well. Obviously you’re not gonna see them throwing drop seio’s but in terms of grip fighting and how to keep someone’s hands off of you it’s very important. The best Judo coach in the country has a gym in Wakefield. That’s who I would have reached out to.

Just looking over the drills he was putting them through it’s just some basic parrying and arm drags. Day one wrestling/jiu-jitsu fundamentals but really important in the context of pass rushing. I’d like to see more fundamental wrestling like Russian ties, duck unders, and throwby’s drilled as well. I think Judo would be very helpful as well. Obviously you’re not gonna see them throwing drop seio’s but in terms of grip fighting and how to keep someone’s hands off of you it’s very important. The best Judo coach in the country has a gym in Wakefield. That’s who I would have reached out to.

Are drop seios technically illegal? Because that would be entertaining. :D

Also, my judo coach won Olympic silver and was the coach for the 2008 Olympic team. Call me, Bill!

BB’s pass rush scheme reassemble Sumo Wrestling’s. A lot of slapping and hand movement, so it might work.:D

Unfortunately, Pat Morita passed back in 2005..
But Chuck Norris is still alive, bring him in! Chuck could fill in for BB, Dante, McDaniels, run concessions and manage Gillette grounds maintenance all at the same time.

Last edited:
I can't believe I remember this but I remember hearing that Eugene Chung was a black belt before he joined the Pats. That didn't seem to help at all.

Andre Tippet was a black belt. But he had talent and was a great player back in Iowa coming out of college.

Hoping that Kung Fu will transform the NE pass rush into players like him is really hitting rock bottom.

This karate guy is really here to keep Alex Guerrero away from BBs team.

Are drop seios technically illegal? Because that would be entertaining. :D

Also, my judo coach won Olympic silver and was the coach for the 2008 Olympic team. Call me, Bill!

Haha how funny would it be to see someone osoto a tackle?

But Chuck Norris is still alive, being him in! Chuck could fill in for BB, Dante, McDaniels, run concessions and manage Gillette grounds maintenance all at the same time.

Chuck Norris is the monster the Boogieman is afraid is in his closet.

Andre Tippett always talked about how his martial arts training (he is a black belt) aided him in rushing and getting to the passer. Just my humble opinion but he was pretty good at getting to the passer and getting sacks. Just saying.

There's so much Bulshido out there in the martial arts world and there's a ton of entertaining videos on Youtube poking fun at them. I hope this guy is legit but even if he isn’t, it probably couldn’t hurt..

Last edited:

Hey, good to see you back! Where you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing